Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why solar hits are amazing...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by recondite, May 17, 2009.

1. Indeed they are. A nice glow rod hit is always nice as well.

2. approved, if its sunny out tomorrow im trying this.

3. Tried it yesterday, worked amazing :smoking:

4. haha i've been trying this out all week and every single one of my friends has been...suitably impressed :D

5. yes, I can testify to the AWESOMENESS of solar hits.

They are truly epic...and every single person who I've introduced to them (most of them skeptical, or just curious) were absolutely blown away.

I'm so pissed it's cloudy outside :(..

6. Yay thread!:hello:

7. Of course I start to hear rain outside the moment I read this thread. Fuck you, Murphy and your laws.

8. Damn is this forreal I'm about to go try this out it sounds pretty sick haha.

9. I've heard of this before but never had it explained, and summer's the perfect time to do it :) Too bad it's raining right now...

10. I'm about to go do this with the TW Kush I just picked up, it'll be my first time and im stoked!

11. It's good to see this thread still alive--thanks, everyone, for the interest and +rep.

hahah, Tell All Your Friends. I'm glad they liked it.

I know dude.

12. ill deffinetly try and light my bong at least once over the summer this way, it seems more rewarding

13. Nice thread rep, I think solar is one of the best ways next to vapor. A lot of temp control and its funner then using a lighter. I have this really thick lens from some jewelry magnifying glass thing, it's about 3x thicker then a reg magnifying glass so I can heat a whole bowl at a low temp opposed to heating a bunch of small spots.

14. Dude i dont have a magnifying glass.... anything else you can use?

15. I'm a nerd with lasers kind of.

I have a 150 mw (tested) laser with a concave/convex lense in a lense holder set to creat a focal point about 1.9 cm away from the apperture. I can spark a bowl with this thing in the middle of the night. Problem is the light is so intense it blinds you for 10 or 20 minutes just looking at it (if you aren't wearing laser safety goggles) when your sparking a bowl inches from your face

16. damn that would be a badass hit

17. You, my friend. Just sold me on solar hits. You could have just made a commercial about doing solar hits then sold a magnifing glass at the end. I would have fell for it.

18. Yeah, for real.

I'm going to Walgreens to buy a magnifying glass right now. I've been wanting to try the solar hit for a while but I'm lazy. This thread has shown me the light! (you like that pun?)

19. Well that's pretty much the greatest way I've ever smoked a bowl.

Good grief, I'm slapped.

20. I was about to ask if Walgreens sells them. I am going to try this too. No lack of sunshine here!:hello: