is this excessive? :toward ladeez, but men can join:

Discussion in 'General' started by skittlette, May 15, 2009.

1. #41 RMJL, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
    Hey girly...my skin changed after my baby too so I get why you worry about your skin. When I first read your post, I clearly thought it was excessive but then I compared it to what I do...and it's not SUPER excessive.

The nail brush being used on your face is what I find to be a bit much. I think that you could be doing more harm than you know. We have layers of skin for a reason and if you're literally brushing off a thin layer every time you wash your face, your face is going to get pissed off and do it's own thing to recover from the trauma of your nail brush. :p

Someone mentioned flaxseed and I definitely think it's a good idea for anyone with sensitive skin or skin issues to take it. It works best when you actually drink the oil but you can get capsules. If you get the liquid, you can mix it with yogurt or just do what I do and chase it with something to get the aftertaste of ick out of your mouth.

Have they checked your hormones? They may not be balanced out yet and that's why your skin isn't really getting better.

Have you tried witch hazel as a toner? It's inexpensive and not bad for your skin. I use it rather than anything else because of the lack of extra chemicals.

I usually get a lot of compliments on my skin and all I do is clean it in the morning and at night with a light cleanser and use witch hazel after each cleaning. I also use witch hazel after I workout to get the sweat grub off. I use a regenerating cream at night and a light moisturizer with sunscreen in the day.

I had this crazy rash come up around my nose and mouth recently but that's because I switched to a tarter control toothpaste and found out that I'm allergic to it. The rash is disappearing since I switched back to the regular toothpaste.

So, no...not excessive...just try to live without the nail brush. It's for nails...not your sweet, sensitive face. The microbeads in your cleanser are better for your face than that brush. (SOMEONE, PLEASE TAKE THE NAIL BRUSH AND HIDE IT!!!)

:)

2. #42 whiskey, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
    Yes, it is excessive. If you pay the amount you are paying now in all those products for a great face wash, an EXCELLENT moisturizer and this face brush, you could eliminate all of those things and have AMAZING results.

And I do mean THAT FACE BRUSH, NOT ANOTHER ONE. The other ones suck and that one is worth the price.

These are the products I use,
    Facial Cleanser
    Moisturizer

I have VERY sensitive skin that breaks out with harsh products, I cannot use Neutrogina without problems, and spending the extra outrights funds on good products IS ALWAYS in your best benefit. They last longer and have actual results.

PS, I get complimented on my skin all the time and that's all I use.
    Also, I cannot apply moisturizer with SPF to my skin, I break out, it's that sensitive, also nothing with oil. I use a specialized powdered SPF for that.

3. love you guys. favorite movie of all time. serio... all time. with true romance comin' in at a close second.

and skittlette!! STEP AWAY FROM THE WASHCLOTH. Unless you're using a different washcloth every day, no amount of nail-brushing or toner will change the fact that warm wet washcloths are a breeding ground for bacteria. If this works for your skin, then fine. But I would deff talk to a doctor because it shouldn't be that hard to keep your skin clean! If you have acne, have you tried Proactive or any similar products? That would be a more stream-lined routine with only three products instead of oh, a billion!! And of course, drink tons and tons of water-- that's absolutely key to nice skin.

4. well it's nice to see the chick's opinion on this issue,,,

and apparantlly hormones create this issue,, and a certain type of birth contrrol can rid it,,,,

... ive learned so much thanks to this thread,,,???????? now where can i apply it in my life????????////

..proablly never,, the last thing i want to talk to a fellow dude, about,,,,'' IS THAT I KNOW HOW TO MAKE HIS FACIAL SKIN SOFTER''...

.. whatever,, im stoned,,yyaahh:smoking::bongin::yay::metal::metal::cool:

5. seeing this thread made me go wash my face.

no lie.

6. Wow, its nice to know a few more ladies have a multi step routine.Skittlette, def go back to the derm to see what they have to say, and it might be a good idea to not do the washcloth as often, it can dry out the skin too much, and then the skin overcompensates by producing too much oil.

Cleansers: Either Kanebo Naive green tea(nice and soft, does not dry out my skin, or Origins checks and Balances, occasionally Neutrogena Clear pore Cleanser/mask)

Exfoliators ( only 3 times a week at the most- either Origins Modern Friction or Olay regenerist)

Toner-Neutrogena Clear Pore Toner

Moisturizer - for Daytime its the Neutrogena SPF 45, night its Burts Bees or Origins white tea moisturizer.

I also use an eye cream as well

Yes, it might be excessive, but its the price some of us chickies have to pay to keep our skin relatively good looking, and better looking in the future.

7. DAMN,,

you chicks would be so high matinence...

having to buy you all these feminine product's...

im glad i got a chick that likes plain soap,,,

allthough she does have a loofta,,{ sponge washrag thingy}....

i dont use it,,she likes to buy exotic shampoo and coditioners,, but i use it also,, so i aint bitchin,,,

...i hope she dont see this thread,, or she may wont some exfoliating cream also...:D

8. Whatever floats your boat :p, I love your sig btw.

9. actually...i DO use a different one everytime...
    Proactive didnt work for me..at all...had MORE breakouts while on it as well...:that was money well spent:(:
    i drink over a gallon of water a day...plus whole juices

and im going to TRY to not use the nail brush ne more:eek:

10. It's a lot, but as long as it works for you, no worries! Plus you're a woman, so it's only to be expected :)

11. so today is day one without the nailbrush...
    thats rite..i didnt use it this morning or last night actually...

but its kinda bugging me...just sitting there all taunting like...next to the sink:rolleyes:

12. I dont really think it matters haha If you like to do that then thats your thing

If its not hurting your skin then I dont think its excessive

13. well...after not using the brush for about 2 days now..my face is peeling like i have a sunburn and my chin has broken out like whoah...

whats getting me is the peeling tho...:rolleyes:

14. still peeling a little, but i think at least THAT part has toned down some...

just updating if anyone was interested :confused_2:

15. I'm interested hun, glad the peeling is calmed down