How to escape this society?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by HimuraX, May 14, 2009.

1. I copletely agree man. All the electoral vote shit is fucking retarded.

2. Joe Rogan woke me up. To the fact that society is immensely fucked and how inhuman these politicians and people in power are.

3. This train of thought is such bullshit. YOU can stand for change. YOU can educate those around you. YOU can live as a beacon to the lost and misguided. YOU can make a difference. It's this "It's hard so we best not try" attitude that has gotten the world into the mess it's in now. Please forget everything that guy told you OP, that shit's old hat. We don't quit because it's hard and we don't not try because we are alone. We do what is right because it is right and it has to be done.

4. Unless you are going to be a hermit than you will always be in some way tethered to society. Our current problem is that we have allowed to few to have too much power for far too long. We need a complete redistribution of wealth and power across the country. Why on earth would a country of 300+ million depend on 1000ish (535 congress/ rest lobbyists and etc) dudes to control the course of the nation? Until the majority of people become aware of these types of things and actively work to eliminate them than there will be no escape. Our destruction will be eminent, enslaved as sheeple evermore.

5. #25 1bakedpotato, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    It will take one more catastrophe of EPIC proportions. Global EMP type shit would do the trick. Revert back to "UNITED STATES" where states have their own laws and regulations that aren't controlled for the better-more of the federal government.

Get people to accept responsibility for themselves... rebuild society...

Become HUMAN BEINGS again, instead of a bunch of confused drones finding excitement in meaningless entertainment, giving up freedoms for security while being blinded by the puppets standing in front of the light.

But, I am so happy to be apart of this time. If a fall out scenario were in store for the future, it will be a lifelong story explaining the threshold between 20th and 21st century.

I woke up this morning feeling excited for the future.

But I also smoked a bowl and played mario so....

:smoke:

6. Ditto... I actually had to register in order to reply to this post.

Rather than reply to the entirety of this very large post, I can simplify the problem.

What is this amorphous thing you call "progress?" Progress to what end, for whom, and why? We can progress into a pit of molten lava; we can progress to the stars; both are designations of momentum. The only political progress I have seen in my lifetime, and from a cursory study of history, has been impotent and ineffectual towards the goals said progress was made for. I am not a believer in man's ability to "progress" anywhere positive.

I am a firm believer in bureaucratic quagmires and one-size-fits-all solutions designed to profit one group over another, however. It seems that's all humankind has the capacity for.

So if anyone has a useful answer to the OP, I'd be grateful to learn of it.

7. Its human nature my friend. Humans have yet to move beyond it. The capacity for cruelty, cliques, selfishness, and certain kind of hive mentality (not the good kind) will be the death of the human race.

Someone needs to invent a pill that removes the need for food and sleep....then things would change...basic needs for these would go far in solving some things that humans need shelter for..making money irrelvant to surviving...all thats left is the conflict of organized religion and squabbling over land...haha ...shrug

8. ^^ And that this tendency in human nature just keeps dragging humanity down...lulzzz

9. While I don't think it will change any time soon, I think that eventually it will collapse upon itself.

We should be focusing on populating the solar system and beyond, giving each person true freedom -- which has never been seen -- and instead we're owned and lied to and swindled since the day we're born, to allow the governments to focus on selling us cancer and engineering self-extincting crops. So far things are looking a bit... evil and bleak... but you know we havent had an all out nuclear holocaust yet!

10. two word answer:

get high as fuck.

:D

11. do what i did. move to mexico hhahaha.i know it sounds really stupid, but here society(as corrupt as it is in the usa) have usa to blame. it gives them that little bit of solace to be able to go in with their lifes and be happy with what they have, knowing that they can blame the usa for every social phenomenon that is brought onto its land by the cultural numb that is american pop culture.

12. Doesnt this forum ever get tired of calling out the masses for being stupid and selfish and ignorant? Do you people have to make these threads everyday or something? I mean, how many times can you honestly just sit there, repeating yourselves and patting each other on the back for being "awake"? Doesnt it ever get boring?

13. im going to become part of the system to build monetary reserves so i can afford to live freely on my own land on my own terms. grow my own food and trade/barter for rest. i figured the less connected with popular society the happier i will be. its a decent plan, and is very do-able as long as you do not fall victim and become a societal zombie.

14. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank

15. That's exactly what I plan on doing. And in the mean time spend some time making music and playing shows, travelling and enjoying life.

Maybe we'll end up as land neighbors... I'll trade my watermelons for some buds, how does that sound ;) :cool:

16. From what I can tell, one cant simply escape it...

The Venus Project
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z9WVZddH9w]ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | OFFICIAL RELEASE | 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

17. Amen. To all. Please try to remember that there ARE people who stand up for what they believe. Many of them are beaten down, time and time again, never given justice because, justice doesn't exist anymore in our gov. *I am in no way, trying to say, "give up". Giving up only allows the bad to get worse. The rich and powerful use what is there as a mean to their ends. Please don't forget the power of the rich and powerful... Just as history has proven, they will do ANYTHING to get what they want or see fit. This includes torture, abuse, and death. This does not just happen to, "the bad people". This also happens to the good men, women, and children linked, in some way, to the corruption. This is not a movie, not something that can be ignored forever. Our fellow humans are suffering, suffering badly but, a good portion of our society only thinks about their own needs (yes, we all have problems to handle and life to live) but, is empathy dead? There are hundreds of people, captive, known, disregarded, left to die without anybody caring. Just put a big sign around your neck- my soul is for sale! Money, privileges, a free pass to be a savage, it can all be yours, just sell your soul- that's easy and what cowards do.:eek: Eliminating us one by one until there are no free thinkers, dreamers, ground shakers. If one is suffering, we all are. Certain areas are so distorted, fake, corrupt, and lacking any sense of emotion, humanity, and so much more. It is extremely dis-heartening. Teach... Because sometimes, that is the only way. Be a true teacher because, without people who are willing to share what they have learned, we would all be at a loss. The power for change comes with brutal honesty and acknowledging the truth. The "truth" is a secret, protected and people's lives are the price, to keep it that way. Many have tried to speak... we are not alone in our thoughts and visions. We are however, living amongst corruption, torture, and many "evil works and combinations". Sad, to the core. Teach the children how to recognize what is going on around them. They already see it and understand! Don't let society tell the children that they are wrong. We have lives decades like that. Breaking free is about truth, which is a war... A war for your own freedom. A war for your children and those who you love. A war to make our world a better place than when we came here. When I die, I will be able to say that I fought for what I believe in. Don't live a lie, running circles, trying to cover your ass and justify "no love". If you won't give love, don't expect to retain your dignity or get love in return. That is a path directly to darkness- save yourself! Patterns are a proven fact of history and science. Change the world with love. Love is stronger than evil, so very much stronger but, you must learn how to love, be loved, share love, even when you are doing it alone. Ramble ramble. It's a strange world. Find love and you will find peace. "Be you because everyone else is taken" fight the good fight. We may be alone and miles away but, our thoughts and prayers are the same. Love to all! :-o000

18. #39 yurigadaisukida, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    How to escape society:

Step one: buy land. If you can't buy land then live minimally on the system.

Step two: make friends that will help you. Strength in unity

*Step three*: grow your own food that's one of the most important things you can do

Step four: use only the black.market and.if your buying from the system don't use credit/debit and don't get a bank account

Step five: minimize taxes.

Step six: become energy independent (grow your own Bio fuel or get solar panels)

Now its impossible to completely.leave reality.

A mouse can't live free of owls. It can only adapt.

Adapt to your world

The primary obstical to overcome to live off the grid is our credit/tax system.

Its difficult to buy a car or house or go.to school or get a job without being part of the credit and tax systems. But if you can you'll be free

Yes there is something you can do.

Live by example. Literally show people.your way is best. It will catch on eventually. I mean you woke up didn't you?

19. You can escape society but you cant escape reality