Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

The DXM Guide

• Please log in to reply

MUSHbag

MUSHbag

fucking queer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts
Allright, first off, every other DXM "guide" here doesn't really explain everything. And I have been in situations where some of my friends want to take DXM and if I wasn't there they most likely would have died because they didn't know what they are doing. So I am going to try and educate you :)

DXM

Ok, first off DXM stands for Dextromethorphan, and of course we call is DXM for short. DXM is a cough suppressant meaning it gets ride of a cough in doses of 5-50mg. But in higher doses it causes dissociative affects, basically you feel very confused and detached from your mental state & reality. At milder dosages, you will feel an extreme tipsy feeling/drunk feeling. I will explain dosages below.

Dosages & Plateaus

Dosages roughly vary by weight ut if your abnormally huge, or abnormally small/skinny you may want to lower the dosage a little. DXM dosages go by mg per kg of body weigt. This may seem confusing, it's simple.

/ = per
kg=kilogram

A first plateau trip will take about 1.5mg-3mg/kg of body weight
A second plateau trip will take 4-7.5mg/kg of body weight.
For a third plateau trip you'll need 8-15mg/kg
And finally for a full blown 4th plateau trip anywhere beyond 16mg/kg will do it, but I don't recommend going over 22mg/kg because some users report a so called "5th Plateau" or "Sigma" this is total anesthesia. Your mind and body and spirit are lost, it's so hard to explain, but it would take about 4 days of a steady increase in DXM dosages to actually reach sigma, some may reach death first.

Now, to find your mg/kg first you need to find your body weight, then divide that by 2.2...This is your weight in Kilograms(kg) Now once you have that take you dosage in mgs, and divide it by your weight in kgs. *example* I weigh 138 pounds. I take 138 and divide by 2.2 I get 62. That means I weigh 62 Kgs. Now with that I find out how many mgs of DXM I wanna do. Let's say I feel Like tripping out of my mind and I want to do 900mg. You take you dosage (900) and divide by your weight in Kgs, so 900 divided by 62=14.5mg/kg

And there you have it, your mg/kg of bodyweight
Now that that's figured out we can move on to brands to avoid, and types that work best

To drink, or not to drink...

Ok now here are where people make the biggest mistakes that COULD cost them their lifes, or just a fun time. This is the ultimate decision. only tell you the ones you should take, I won't be going over the ones you shouldn't take, so if you don't see it on the following list, DON'T TAKE IT.

Vicks 44 Custom Care for dry cough
Posted Image
This contains only DXM and tastes OK. I actually think it tastes better the robotussin. It's very thick though. Some people exaggerate on the thickness, but overall it doesn't make me gag. There is 30 mg per dosage in this bottle, There is 374 mg of DXM in one bottle. I give it a 8/10

Robitussin Cough Gels.
Posted Image

These little guys have 15 mg of dxm per gel. Which makes them good if you don't wanna down some nasty syrup. But people say they make your stomach hurt, I never really noticed that, probably because I was so fucked up. If you take all the pills in the bottle, it's 300mg. I give em a 9/10 because they are conveinent.

Robitussin max strength
Posted Image
Ill be honest this shit tastes fucking nasty...BUT if you have a chaser there isn't an after taste which is good. This syrup is not thick like Vicks, but it does have some thickness. Not much though. The big bottle contains around 800 mg, somewhere around there. I give it a 7/10 because of the taste. There is also robitussin regular strength which has 15mg per dosage(max has 30mg per dosage), personally I don't see the point in the reg. strength.

Delsym

Posted Image

Delsym is the most tasty cough syrup out there, it's not thick, it's nice and citrusy also. But there is a downside...Notice it says 12 hour. Thats because this contains DXM Polistirex. This is an extended release form of DXM, while just as safe as DXM Hbr (Hybromide) It will last a lot lot longer and you will be tripping for about 2 days. I give it a 4/10 because I don't like tripping for days.

There are many other products such as generics, and ones with other active ingredients in them. Basically you ONLY want products with only DXM in the active ingredients. If it has Guafenison, you will puke, if it has Acetiminophen, you will kill your liver, if it has Cetylpyridinium Chloride, you will DIE.

How Much DXM is In My Bottle???

This is very simple, to find out how many mgs of dxm are in a whole bottle you need the following

How many mLs are in the bottle? ( it says on the bottle)
How many mg of DXM are there in one dose?
How many mL is one dose?

Ok lets say there is 117 ml in one bottle, each dosage is 15mL. And each 15mL dosage contains 30mg of dxm. Take your mL(117) and divide it by your dosage ml(15). You get 7.8 That is how many 15 ml dosage are in the bottle, and once you get that nukber mulitply is by 30 (the number of mgs in one dose) and you get 234.
*Note, this is just an example*

Ok Let me wrap up, DXM is fucking amazing, once you try it, youll be like Holy shit this is fucking awesome! just like you were when you first tried weed :smoking:
There are many other things to know about DXM, and I can't post it all, but if I get good feedback on this, I will be more then happy to post an advanced guide to extraction, and freebasing DXM and things of that nature....Also, one thing to remember, DXM is not a party drug or anything, it's a sit in your room and get fucked up kinda drug. Always rememer to listen to music when tripping, it sounds like an orgasm (eargasm) especially techno & rave. Happy tripping :)

:wave: let me know what you think

ÆRIAL

ÆRIAL

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 450 posts
Um sir....there is already guides... and posts in psychedelic hotiline for DXM.

MUSHbag

MUSHbag

fucking queer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts

Um sir....there is already guides... and posts in psychedelic hotiline for DXM.

I don't see a single guide.

Marls

Marls

Tripping on life

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,011 posts
I think I need to try the syrup, I downed 20 gels caps but ended up barfing a lot of them up and not really getting much effect.

ÆRIAL

ÆRIAL

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 450 posts

I don't see a single guide.

http://forum.grassci...ooking-dxm.html
From Psychedelic Hotline

Sorry it took me a while to contribute Barnkis, connection issues this weekend. I see stoner_lukas already covered DXM, but I would add a few things where applicable.

DXM Hbr vs. DXM Polisterex

There are two types of DXM we are looking for here, DXM Hbr and DXM Polisterex. DXM Hbr is the mostly widely used but the Polisterex version is basically an extended release version found in Delsym cough syrups. Most will agree a standard DXM Hbr dose is much stronger than DXM Polisterex and is found in more products and cheaper products. DXM Polisterex has the benefit of tasting better, lasting longer, and being easily seperated in water for an extraction.

and maybe a bit more from stuff ive written before.

Current DXM only Products

ROBOTUSSIN COUGH GELS: 15mg/gel x 20gels/bottle = 300mg

Good starting dose and DXM is only active ingredient. After a 2 bottles of gels my stomach gets upset. You can get them anywhere, also available in generic.
Posted Image

OR

CVS TUSSIN: 15mg/dose 360mg/bottle
Kinda hard to down, but is the best and cheapest way to do DXM in my opinion. Found at CVS, also comes in 8oz for 720mg and a very good trip. THis is what the CVS brand looks like, most stores sell something similar but sometimes its hard ot find DXM only syrups at walmart.
Posted Image

OR
Robitussin Long Lasting Cough: 360mg/bottle
Posted Image

Which is the same as the CVS tussin just a bit more expensive and you can find these at ANY store that sells medicine.

Zicam Cough Max
Posted Image

This is the easiest stuff I think. Its been very hard for me to find, but look at CVS. One is good for a first level dose for me, two would be nice, three would be optimal. Very small amount of liquid, although it is pretty bitter.

3rd/4th Plateau Trips

(theres a bit more detail on experiences here, and not too many people on the boards do the higher doses)

What its like
:
The trip is very sedative. Most report a loss of the euphoria at higher plateaus, but I do not experience that at all. Sitting in a dark room with a low light source or no light at all is very pleasant. When you close your eyes is when you get the most profound effects. I tend to go deeper and deeper into my closed eye visuals which tend to be shadowing or based on certain colors at a time. Geometric patterns and wave like effects are really cool. The longer your eyes are closed, the more intense the visuals.

It gets pretty crazy kinda exploring the world inside your closed eyes, and the weirdest part is that you begin to feel like your eyes are open but that you see only this dark world. Sometimes this gets a bit unnerving but it is very relieving to know that as soon as you open your eyes you are back to your world. I sometimes like to leave music or a tv own as background noise to somehow keep me more grounded, but it is the most profound in complete silence and darkness.

I tend to feel very drunk and the ground feels as though it is a platform on an axis that dips subtly from side to side with the weight of your steps. Walking is fun, but somewhat troublesome. I would not advise talking to anyone that doesn't know what you are doing, because at doses that high it is VERY hard to speak coherently despite a fairly coherent mind (if you can call it that). Thought to speech translation is hard even if you concentrate

Some things to watch out for:
-Light usually hurts my eyes and makes it harder to focus
-Your eyes might find it hard to focus, but mostly in excess of 1000mg
-You will find it difficult to pee. Think about Ben Stillers fathers character in Zoolander with the prostate that won;t let him pee til he is standing over the toilet for minutes. This isn't really a problem, its just annoying.
-Ejaculation is impossible. Dont invite your girl over or try to have a date with Rosie Palms, your arm will fall off
-You will most likely get pretty hot, so keep a window open or fan on.

Dosing Recommendations:
As far as how to dose these areas, I tend to go to CVS and find an 8oz bottle of generic "Tussin" (its blue at CVS) and a bottle of Robo cough gels.The 8oz has 720mg of DXM and the gels total 300mg. I would take the bottle, chug quickly chasing with a cola every few sips (the bottle makes it hard to down the whole thing) and then take like half of the cough gels. Using the whole cough gel bottle is a bit much and at higher numbers I find they give me nausea if I eat too many (although that is usually at 2 bottles or 40 pills). Plus if you save half the gels, you just need another tussin to do the same trip again.

If you don't have CVS or they dont have 8oz, you can obviously buy 2 4oz which they WILL have, although it may be the name brand Robo (Orange "Cough" label). Or you can get an 8oz generic at Walmart but it will most likely have Guaf in it, which will probably make you puke. You only puke once, so its not that bad, and the walmart generics are 1/2 as expensive so...

Zicam Cough Max Spray and Delsym (especially extracted) are also popular but Zicam is slightly more expensive, Delsym is WAY more expensive and is weaker unless extracted and then treated to remove coating, in which case I still believe regular DXM Hbr to be both stronger and far more cost efficient. So I won't go into either of those.

Extractions are also very popular, especially if you can't get past chugging syrup or downing gel caps. But you will have to have access to non-sudsy ammonia, naptha lighter fluid, some know how, and time.

That's about it. I find that high 3rd and low 4th plateau levels are my favorite part of DXM, if you can get over taking that much syrup.

We don't need anymore...no offense or anything.

Edited by ÆRIAL, 14 May 2009 - 05:30 PM.

stoner_lukas

stoner_lukas

RIP

• Old School
  • 6,559 posts
Everything you said in your guide has already been said in mine, plus Dale's.

Have a bit more of a look around, especially since you claim you're bringing some new info to the table

DaleGribble

DaleGribble

Resident Zombie Expert

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,399 posts
yeah dude, we got it covered lol. but gj

Barnkis

Barnkis

OG Boxers are eternal

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,932 posts
Nice guide... but it's already all been covered. Sorry if you wasted a long time

steve42o

steve42o

• Registered Upgraded
  • 106 posts
this is a great guide, but u cant leave out the best, easiest dxm trip of all. zicam cough max spray in the pink box, u can get it at CVS usualy for like 6$ and they come with cupons for a discount on ur next one (haha)
EDIT: oops sorry just noticed zicam was already posted lol.
Posted Image

DaleGribble

DaleGribble

Resident Zombie Expert

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,399 posts
yeah, i used Zicam recently and it was very easy to do. the only problem with zicam is that its hard to find.

tussinsippin

tussinsippin

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
alright look- you wanna get fucked up?

Delsyum & Tussin Cough & Cold Long Acting
chug both them shits and your straight allllll day

stoner_lukas

stoner_lukas

RIP

• Old School
  • 6,559 posts

alright look- you wanna get fucked up?

Delsyum & Tussin Cough & Cold Long Acting
chug both them shits and your straight allllll day

No.

"Cough & cold" means that there are other things, like APAP, besides DXM in that bottle. Responsible users use DXM-only syrups, not the other bullshit on the market.

Please don't come here and give out shitty advice.

MUSHbag

MUSHbag

fucking queer

• Registered Upgraded
  • 311 posts

No.

"Cough & cold" means that there are other things, like APAP, besides DXM in that bottle. Responsible users use DXM-only syrups, not the other bullshit on the market.

Please don't come here and give out shitty advice.

Stoner_Gangsta

Stoner_Gangsta

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Nice guide man, I have recently tried DXM and let me tell you that I LOVE it! I cant get enough of that stuff and I made sure to read up all about it before trying it. I ready William Whites FAQ which is extremely extensive (it took him like 100 hours to write it). Delsym is my favorite, easy to get, tasty, and I like the long-lasting effects. That stuff didnt have me tripping for DAYS, more like 8-10 hours but the come-up is nice and the come down is very smooth, you barely even feel it and the effects of DXM are ridiculously powerful. At Plateau Sigma users have been known to succumb to a full-blown psychosis at which point they lose ALL contact with reality. As for me I like drinking just 1 or 2 bottles of Delsym (3 ounces) and I'm good. At the lower plateaus DXM is great for partying, you feel like you're drunk and stoned at the same time! But at higher plateaus you just need to chill in a nice quiet enviorment.

I also have a question for the creator of this guide. I am currently on the medication Fluvoxamine which is an SSRI. I know that taking DXM with an MAOI puts you at risk of Seratonin Syndrome which can be fatal. I heard that taking an SSRI with DXM can also cause Seratonin SYndrome. Just to be safe I stopped taking my medication before doing DXM but I was wondering if you knew if I could take DXM with an SSRI and still be safe.

DaleGribble

DaleGribble

Resident Zombie Expert

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,399 posts

I also have a question for the creator of this guide. I am currently on the medication Fluvoxamine which is an SSRI. I know that taking DXM with an MAOI puts you at risk of Seratonin Syndrome which can be fatal. I heard that taking an SSRI with DXM can also cause Seratonin SYndrome. Just to be safe I stopped taking my medication before doing DXM but I was wondering if you knew if I could take DXM with an SSRI and still be safe.

I take fluoxetine which is a similar SSRI and have had no problems.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users