Super Growth Using Ultrasonic Frequencies!

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Dug, May 12, 2009.

1. Ive read some articles about this, Im glad i saw this post. Im starting a grow in the near future once my aeroponic system is complete, hopefully by the end of the month, and I am for sure going to incorporate this with my other "Stoney-Steroids" such as Co2, Nutes, and High Power LEDs, and now Ultrasound :D. Ill have a journal of the grow once its finished.

For those of you interested, Im also going to do a comparison between the exact same genetics w/ultrasound and w/o ultrasound grown in the same environment with the same type of aero-systems. ill try to keep lighting and feeding as similar as possible but if the growth becomes too rapid ill obviously adjust accordingly and go with the flow.

Im not online that often so i may not have anything to show for awhile but once its over with i promise ill have a detailed bibliography on the life of both sets of plants, and then ill be more then happy to comment on the experience and hopefully have some valuable info to pass on :)

2. I have an i-pod touch with an application called annoy a teen. it does have an speaker built in so it can play out loud and one of the sounds is 20 kHz would that work??? if so WOO! :hello: apple workers put an app to work with weed. :smoking:

3. Amazing! I am very interested... Just found this and hope to have a try...

4. So would my option work with the ipod??

5. Can't wait to read your journal man, you sound determined ^^
    The main problem we have with ultrasounds is the tall&thin growth pattern that our plants follow if not supplemented with something more. But I don't think you'll have such problems with all the other steroids you got! Be sure to be a little more generous with the Co2/Nutes etc when you have the ultrasounds running, the plants will need that.
    Good Luck!

Hah nice one, man, that's a cool gizmo. I wonder if you could tweak it a little bit to produce higher frequencies. Can you upload a pic of the speaker? Any info written on it? Is it easily opened?

You'll have to test this yourself, mate, I haven't tried running on 20KHz for a long period. The beneficial frequencies are suposed to be around 30-40KHz, but nothing is certain yet. So my opinion is go for it, you might be pleasantly surprised.

It's worth it dude, go for it :smoking:

Thanks mates, see you around

~Dug

6. #46 kyoobeh, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
    I was not able to find a tweeter at radioshack when i went and checked all this shit out, so I thought i might try to just take an old one out of some crap speaker i bought at salvation army. the circuit deffinitely works, and it produces a god awful noise through the speaker i got for now.. I've been talking to some guys at one of the local car audio shops, and I think i'll have better luck getting a Piezo Horn from them that has 20-50 KHz capability. I'm going to try the current set up just to see if it is still emitting the proper frequency as is. Hopefully ill get one that doesn't make any noise that my ears can pick up

edit: after i had things put together i noticed some piezo horns at radioshack, though i am still not convinced they are capable of the freq's we are looking for.

7. Ive been doing tons of research for quite a while now in preperation for my very first grow and I would just like to say that this site is probobly the most imformative so far!

BUT...

I can't seem to find anything here on a particular subject so I thought I would bring it up since this is the most related thread. I stumbled across some information relating to a study by Dr. Masuro Emoto. The study was called "The Hidden Messages in Water". It had to do with making ice crystals under the influence of different types of music and different labelings of the crystals themselves. It showed that certain music and wordings produced more attractive ice crystals then others. It makes sense to me that this is probobly having more to do with the actual frequencies of the sound than anything else. What I would like to add has to do with the more supernatural (not sure if thats the right word to use) side of this phenominon. I found information on the effects of green Tourmaline crystals and quarts clusters relating to plant development and potency. Supposedly this type of crystal is a plant spirit crystal with energies in tune with the plants. Quarts clusters were said to be a natural amplifier. I'm simply wondering if anyone else has came across this information or implemented these crystals in there grow rooms. The information was taken from an article titled "Humbolt Heaven" in a "Cannabis Culture" magazine. It was the January 2007 issue. I should also add that the writing placed on the plant pots was "Love and Grattitude".

8. DemmerSlave, unless i misunderstood your post your saying putting a few quartz crystals in your grow room that were talked to will make your plants bigger?
    sound like complete BS to me. lets say that talking to the crystals while they were growing did alter their crystal structure, it would still do absolutely nothing for your plants. don't waste your money on buying things like that.

9. @kyoobeh:

Yeah mate, simple tweeters just can't cut the mustard here, you gotta get something capable of higher frequencies. The piezo horns sound good though, I'd give them a shot. A simple thumb rule to test your gizmo would be that if you can hear it, it's not working properly.

@DemmerSlave:

Welcome, man. It's always good to know there are people out there willing to try new things, no matter how radical they may sound. Every idea has a sacred spot on the table of experimentation, and that's about the only rule there is, right?

That said, I've found some really interesting stuff concerning "charged water" (see previous pages of this thread), and it really is a field into which I'd really love to dwelve.

As far as crystals go, it is logical that crystals are natural amplifiers of sounds and energies. Crystallic structures do that. In general, geometric 3d structures have peculiar ways of impacting the environment. I'm sure you'll find it interesting that the Czech army used to provide soldiers with little pyramid shaped boxes, instructing them to keep their razor blades inside them in order to conserve them. How about that, mates?

Czech scientists (mr Pavlita for example) have done several experiments with pyramids and other shapes, claiming to have stunning results, like the abnormal preservation of organic matter inside them.

Now, that said, there is only one gadget we "inquiring minds" really need to have on us at all times: our "trusty bullshit detectors (R)". There is a very thin line between facts and bs, and it is our obligation to define it. But as far as crystallic structures go, I thing there is something to be found there. It's just really hard to tell shit from shinola. I'd be really interested to hear from any results you might get from your experimentations. Please, by all means, do try any weird idea you get, this is the only way to make any real progress, the only way is through funny smelling swamps of merged bs and diamond fragments.

Any info you might need I'll be glad to provide. And any info you're willing to exchange when you get your first results will be greatly appreciated.

Take care

~Dug

10. Very good read, just have a couple thoughts/questions:

What were you using for a power source? 12v ac adaptor or a battery pack?
    I was reading up on the LM386 and it says that the input power is 6v. have you had any problems with them burning out?

11. #51 Mr. Mojorising, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2009
    You can use a 6volt latern type bat the big square ones or a srandard 5volt DC source like a old computer power suppy has a 5 volt out put as well as 12 and a 24.

Almost all digital devices in chip use a 5volt DC source. A ac adapter with a 5 or 6 DC output should be fine. ac voltage will prolly toast your chip so if you use a ac adapter make sure output is 5or6volt DC NOT VAC

hopes this helps.

Dug thread is getting interesting. Good read friend:wave:

12. i was reading the first few pages of this and thought - if certain frequencies (sounds) can so radically affect / improve / enhance the growth and structure of a plant, what would happen to a human under the same circumstances - under a framework that would normally kill them? Could it keep a drowning man alive? A person in space with no spacesuit or helmet? Fill the hole in a heart or remove the cancer from a lung?

13. has anyone suceeded in building one of these that can post some results?

14. Did you guys read the thread its 4 pages? We are in the experement stage here remember the scientific method? Not trying to be a ass here its just that there are no easy answerer to anything is this world. Surley this is no exception.:smoke::D

15. I've got an old mp3 player and a battery powered set of little speakers. Found a 20KHz tone online Internet Archive: Free Download: 20 kHz tone. I'm gonna set it on loop and see what happens besides maybe annoying the shit out of my neighboors dog. Their arseholes anyways! HA!

16. Hey I've been reading your posts about electronic stimulation and the use of ultrasonic frequencies to rapidly improve your plants' growth. I recently germinated 9 seeds I found in some amazing middies I have been smoking. I was very surprised when every single seed I planted sprouted!
    I live in a small town, and our roof is perfect. It is three stories high and and completely flat. Unless the plants get 5 feet or higher, it is virtually impossible to see them. I was wondering if it would be worth the trouble to put together the photovoltaic cells and leaf tweeter to speed up the growth. Being as how it's so late in the year, anything that will make my plants grow faster would be great.
    Also, since I'm doing this outside and in soil, what would your suggestion be for giving it nutrients? I used some topsoil from my friends garden combined with some compost from his pile (I didn't use potting soil because this isn't looking to be a great growth and I didn't want to drop too much money, plus I wouldn't know what to do with all that soil). However, if these two suggestions could give the possibility of super-growth that could get me semi-decent plants by fall, I might actually do that.
    To sum up:
    Is it worth it for me to try the electric and sonic stimulations?
    If so, what should I do about ensuring that my plants have enough nutrients?
    Should I use potting soil, or is it too dangerous to transplant my growths?
    I'll post some pics when I get them.

17. Never thought of using it to stimulate plant growth but i experimented with a meteorological laser and arbitrary waveform generator injecting the wave into the laser beam for measuring very long distances but perhaps it could be re focused to a wider area and directed at the plant it could produce frequencies up to 75khz and the ability to pulse and square wave and sine wave may have to try this and grow log a side by side comparison. I think it is still in the garage somewhere but i am relatively new to the indoor grow scene used too outdoor but times change. Very interesting though would like to have a chance to chat sometime with you to get a little better perspective on the base principles of this and any references you have to studies on this. Just imagine combining this with electric stimulation and taking a fast growing autoflower cutting the time from 8 to 10 weeks to perhaps being optimistic but just imagine 6 week cycle? The other question is how to pump nute's in that fast i dont see this working with soil hardly. Well i could ramble about this for many hours but the wheels are definitely turning something of this caliber could have an effect that reaches way beyond the scope of what we are talking about here.

Bones

18. Ok, this is a fascinating thread. Hats off to you, Dug. Great work here.

I wanted to add something and maybe make a simpler experiment possible.

I'm not sure if you get the Discovery Network show called "Mythbusters" down under. But, I'm guessing they've penetrated all English-speaking countries.

Anyway, they dida great experiment with music and flowering plants. If memory serves, they tried several types of music: classical, pop, metal, etc. What they showed was only the hard-core death-metal music made any measurable difference - and that difference was profound.

My grow is too close to me for me to do what they did, which was blast the music at the plants in what I would describe as a non-stop assault. I'm too old to cope with 12 or 24 hours of blaring metal. I think maybe I was always too old for that, actually.

But, I digress.

I don't have time to hunt for it. But, I bet a quick search would turn up info on that experiment and the specifics involved. We all have stereos to experiment with. So, it's a very accessible and robust experimental possibilty.

If results similar to the TV show can be achieved, it would be interesting to find if any particular pieces of music within the genre are more or less effective. That could get interesting, eh?

I love the spirit of this thread, by the way - looking at things from a new perspective and allowing for the fact that, as much as we know about these things, there is much more we don't know about plant and animal physiology and function.

The fact is, people can get together on forums and carry out a reasonable semblance of objective research with results that can be duplicated, substantiated and quantified. After all, that's why they built this internet widget in the first place, right? ;)

19. Allright so I apologize in advance if this has been addressed in this thread, but its really long. Anyways, after reading the ops post, and then checking out that mythbuster episode, im thinking about trying to play some deathmetal on a laptop in my room. (apparently deathmetal puts out a lot of ultrasound) I don't know, figured it'd be worth a shot.

Do you think the speakers are loud enough?