Growing for dummies: a simple, semi-comlete guide for growing your own cannabis

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chiefton8, May 12, 2009.

1. #21 Item9, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009

what a dick

disrespect and name calling are against the rules. If you have a problem with another member put them on ignore.

2. #22 KoopaTroopa, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
    Yo I am following the guide and just wanted to thank you for the time and info.

I just put my sprouts (3 of them) under 400 watt hps system.

Oh, and fuck the elitist pricks dude. You have done us newbies a great service by providing the pdf (which I have printed and posted in my grow area =D)

Thanks again!

3. When you grow up you may come to realise that you can have different opinions to other people without calling them childish names.

4. #24 chiefton8, May 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
    wait..what? first you say you read it, then you said you didn't. if you're going to insult someone, at least get your story straight. no need to make it that easy for someone to call out you and your credibility on this matter... :rolleyes:

and if you're not going to read it, use it, nor have anything to do with it...then why offer an opinion? if you read it, and find some information that is grossly wrong, then please offer a critique as i will be more than happy to fix it. there was no need to shit on it simply because you, the experienced grower who needs no guide to grow his own weed, felt there was no need for it.

haha...of course you would. i wouldn't be telling people to grow up when you're actions (-repping simply because someone -repped you for being disrespectful) aren't exactly setting much of an example. not that i give a shit, but i'd say that's classic rep abuse as i never said anything disrespectful to you or anyone else... :rolleyes:

every picture in there was a picture i took myself, and all of the information was based on what i learned from my own experiences. nothing was nicked from any sticky. i challenge you to find a single quote or picture that was taken directly from any sticky or post on this forum that wasn't already mine, on any other forum, anywhere on the internet, or in a book. don't insinuate something that isn't true.

ok, i'm done with this whole thing. you've been called out for your general douche-baggery...i've said what i needed to say. time to move on.

thanks guys, glad you liked it and found it of use. :)

i think 2x40w CFL's aren't going to be enough. they'll work for a little while, but once them babies put on some mass their going to be wanting more than that, even if you keep them small. consider doubling the CFL's and you might be good for flowering. :)

5. getting a 404 error, I'll try again later :D

6. i just checked it and it's working for me. not sure why it gave you a problem, but give it another try...it should work. :)

7. The link keeps saying that it cannot find the page anymore. was looking forward to reading it.

8. #28 chiefton8, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
    that original link still works for me, but nevertheless i uploaded it to another server so it should work. check the first post for the new link, or just click here

:)

9. second link worked and ran at 2 second dload about to go to some landscaping will read when i am done. thanks

10. Thanks for the guide man, im plantin my first...plant....in a few days. So thanks man. Anyone know of any ideas to cover the smell besides the filter?

My rent doesnt care, just hates he smell. Can use normal air sprays like febreeze and stuff? Or will the mess with my plant? Cuz im planning on growin it in a 2 by 3 meter closet. I also have an air purifier that eats smells. Could i put one INSIDE the closet?

11. I downloaded the file.
    Fantastic.
    I know i am a noob but after going through the forums this has been and will continue to be really helpful.
    Get paid tomorrow and will be ordering my seeds, white widows!! yay

Dont listen to the haters

pete

12. i stopped reading after seeing all the grammatical errors. i'm really picky in guides but i don't care in casual forum posts

i looked at the tiny section on tap water. you mention it needs to not have chlorine but you don't say to let tap water sit out and evaporate at least 24hours before taking it close to your garden. i've seen this missed step kill sprouts

13. Free file hosting and online storage gives u lots of options on your files & u can even give direct links, so ppl see only the file, no advertising

14. #34 jcj77d, Jun 25, 2009
    dont worry about cantharis, he's an old fart thats just grumpy for some odd reason, hes done the same thing in my threads too. look @ 1st link in my sig.
    BTW & FWI everybody, cantharis AKA spanishfly was banned @ 1 point, search for the spanishfly users page, & see it says banned at the top, being banned has to say something about his reputation. look:
    and not all his sig links are his like he states

Attached Files:

15. #35 chiefton8, Jun 25, 2009
    nice. glad you got it to work. :)

hey man, glad you can use the guide. as for filtering, i've never used anything other than a carbon scrubber so i can't testify about using other alternatives (why fix something that's not broken right?). i'd suspect putting your air purifier in the closet will help some if it is as good at 'eating the smells' as you say. :)

nice dude. my first grow was white widow too. you'll love it. :smoke: :D

hey dude, thanks for the criticism. i went back and re-read parts of it and fixed some of the more obvious gramatical errors and typos. i re-upped the newer version and updated the links. i understand your need for good grammar and such, but then again i'm not an english major (almost done with my PhD in Biochemistry though) nor did I send it to an editor of course. While forum posts certainly don't warrant perfect grammar, a couple typos and some less than perfect grammar in a free online guide written by someone who has a busy life are allowed a little. :)

nevertheless, thanks for heads up. i tried to fix what i could for ya.

thanks dude. i'll ssee if i can't get a direct link made for it. :)

thanks man...glad to see i'm not the only one. interesting to hear about 'spanishfly' as well. :) nevertheless, the guide in your sig looks great. :smoke:

16. lol it says gentile...

haha a little typo.
    but besides that this guide is great. I've started my first grow and I'm still not sure about some things. I saw the harvest from your last grow. Do you think you'll be trying lst or is it not necessary for your space?

17. saw this link in your sig man. awesome guide indeed, it'll be of great use for me. :smoke:

18. #38 Got Milk, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
    Very handy guide, useful for those interested in growing the wonderful herb, or even those just wanting an interesting read.

Im along the way of building my own stealth micro cab for 2 plants. Wired up my fans, just gotta cut my exhaust hole and thats ventillation done ;)... And then to lighting haha God its hard scraping funds together as a unemployed, full time student living with his parents haha..

+rep friend :smoking:

19. +rep, great guide, well organized! thanks!

20. BEST tutorial I ever read!

STICKY!

+REP!