Welcome to my first grow journal! It should be a lot of fun, I've even been putting a lot of effort into something special, which I hope will start a trend for journals to come; more on that later.
I'm sorry to say I've been gone for a while, my spot got a little too policey, and I felt I had to kill my Big Bangs, *sob*. I don't hang around here when I'm not growing, so sorry if I left any conversations half-finished.
The current grow is sort of a trial run for this space. We've got a 600W light and about 1.3sm of closet. It's being exhausted with a box fan, and odor is handled by an ionizer, so if I have any problems, they will be heat / smell. The ionizer has worked in the past, although it's not 100% on the odor and these are much skunkier bagseed.
Everything else I've dialed in on previous grows but I still have yet to have a really *good* grow, where I know I didn't screw at least one thing up. hopefully this will be it. I'm still calling it a "trial run," just in case .
I tend to be quite verbose but I'll make an effort to keep rambling to a minimum.
When I first started, I found the best light / wattage could be had with a 600w, so, that's what I bought. If I'd the chance to do it all again, I'd read this:
Starting A Medical Cabinet, Bubbler Principles, & Calculating Nutrient Levels
followed by this:
Ask Lucas - Cannabis-World
Be forewarned that the bud from this will more than likely not be gorgeous like what some of you have; it gets in the eighties here w/ the light off and I have no A/C . My plans for temp: move a shitload of air through the room (boxfans) and pump a shitload of air into my DWC setup (35W pump for about 20gal). Again, if I'd known everything I know now, I'd be doing E&F as it doesn't suffer from high res temps like DWC does.
I had problems with ventilation last time, so this time I said fuck it: there's now two 20"x20" holes in my closet wall. Again, if I could do it all over again I'd probably have gone w/ CO2 and A/C, but I didn't realize how hard it would be to coax a box-fan into pulling air through a flat filter, even w/ two sandwiching the filter. I also *assumed* this would be cheaper in the end. Even if I value my time at $0 (which I don't), I'm not sure that's the case. And of course - it still isn't how I want it. *sigh*
The plants themselves are some super-skunky bagseed that I saved. I'm not a fan of bagseed, as it's like a box of chocolates, in a bad way, but I'll try anything twice .
They went in the ground on Mar-29, Aires on the lunar calendar, so it should be FIRE ( to any astrologists). While I've been setting up, they've been in tiny cups of MG moisture ctrl under two four-ft fluoros, and yes it shows. One plant that was smaller and more indica was transplanted to hydro early last week and was given her own 15W CFL bulb to catch up with her bigger sisters. I won't say which one she is, I won't spoil the fun of letting you guys guess .
Here's a pic:
Well that's about it. The room is still a bit of a work in progress, as you can probably tell. However, I was too excited to keep it to myself. They'll each get their own bucket very soon, power strips will be secured, etc.
As promised, this post is huge and rambling. It seems like I'm forgetting something, though. Oh well, you guys will let me know and get it in the next post .
Edited by Let'smoke, 12 May 2009 - 02:02 PM.