can i live off of hemp seeds

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by eatmoreweed, May 10, 2009.

1. its a good supplement for fat and protein if youre trying to eat stuff that isnt nasty and are missing some protein and fat they served me well enough before little goes a long way theyre nice :)

2. #22 DaiLLeSTeL, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    well in order to answer this question we need to figue what nutrition it is that humans need to consume for optimum health.

i was wondering on this question too and gc was the first link. i also found this.

according to this book "Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill, Udo Erasmus, © Alive Books, December 1993"

A pound of hemp seed would provide all the protein, essential fatty acids and dietary fiber necessary for human survival for two weeks. The protein in hemp contains all eight amino acids essential to life and is easily digested. For this reason it is used in many parts of the world for treating malnourishment.

http://www.hemphasis.com/hempseed.htm

3. #23 BudsMckenzie, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010

:laughing: your a trip dude

i looked at some of the info about it looks legit man assuming the info was correct

4. Have a search for "Excess consumption of polyunsaturated oils" so you can form ore of an objective view at what hemp seed diet and thier high content of linoleic acid content could possibly do.

You might want to have a closer look at the companys and owners of webpages are who promte hemp seed use; obviously if they're self interest groups who benefit from the sales of diet books / hemp products, or are activists for Pot legalization, you may want to look at thier opinions as being biased, or even suspicious...

Personally, if i was seeking opinions on a diet, i would be asking in a purely Health/fitness forum, not a cannabis sub-forum, especially as the majority of answers are going to be from advocates of the herb ;)

You might also want to ask yourself why the World health organisation doesn't promote hemp seed diets... although I'm sure if you wait long enough someone will post some conspiracy theory :D

5. Only one way to find out brother... I'm on day 3, I'll keep you posted if I get sick ;)
    I feel fucking amazingggggggggggly clean!!! My thoughts could flowwwww so easily and clearly wow I feel like a new person what a difference!!! I feel like I'm naturally on MDMA!!! :hello:

6. I'm glad this thread was revived. I always knew hemp was an amazing plant, but I didn't realize it was the fountain of youth.

7. I think that for a fast or a cleanse it would be great to only eat hemp seeds, but for a lifelong diet im not so sure. Where will you get your vitamins and minerals from? Are you sure you will get enough carbohydrates because if your fairly active, which i assume you are since you are concerned with a healthy diet, your going to need them. I am all for learning more about the proper diet and i have tried LOTS and LOTS of different diets:eek:. Good luck in finding out what works best for you but remember that the key to happiness in all things is BALANCE(100% hemp seed diet doesn't seem to balanced:p)

8. ^^^I'm gonna have to agree. I looked up that nutrients and it is mostly fat and protein with little carbs. I read it would be good to incorporate a few tablespoons of hemp seeds into your diet, but its probably not a great staple.

9. lolol..

10. looks like he was raised in africa.

11. Guys, if you must go vegetarian, please read "Diet for a Small Planet". It will help keep you from getting protein deficient. And take some B 12 supplements- it is lacking in many vegetarian diets.

Our teeth say that we are omnivores- not herbivores, or carnivores! We are designed to eat a variety of foods that come from the earth!

Unlike most animals, we do not make our own vitamin C- this argues for a fairly large raw fruit component to a "natural" diet.

Our molars are clearly for grinding seeds, nuts and other plant roughage.

Our incisors can tear meat, but are not the teeth of a predator- at our most primitive, we scavenged other animals' prey, or found helpless prey that could be easily killed (new fawns, crippled animals, etc). But even in most "wild" human cultures today, (bushmen, the Kitavan of New Guinea, the Ache' of Paraguay, etc) meat makes up only a small percentage of the normal diet. (And as a FYI- Ache' and Kitavan teens NEVER get acne! :eek: It's their diet! Look it up!)

Hemp seed is a marvelous food, but we are omnivores! We need that variety to function at our best!

Granny :wave:

12. What is the advantage of eating meat besides its protein?

Isn't it possible to get all the nourishment the body needs without meat?

Just because the body is equipped to eat meat doesn't justify we should do so.

I say lets evolve.

13. Sure, vege's are good, but ( i read somewhere don't quote me lol) something along the lines of, " your body processes meat proteins much more efficiently than plant proteins, takes less energy maybe, so that you can eat less, and get more out of it" i think i dunno haha, but I like meat to an extent so, i'd would be a biased experiment-er lol.

14. The main problems with vegetarianism is the lack of complete proteins and B12! B12 can be gotten from brewer's yeast. (Which is why home-brew is actually good for you :hello: , unlike pasteurized commercial beers [​IMG]. My oldest son brews his own.)

Also if you don't go absolutely vegan- cheese, milk, infertile eggs (most are) and fish/sea food can supply the vitamin B12.

Proteins? Read "Diet for a Small Planet" and learn why rice and corn should be served with beans! It's sort of a case where 1 + 1 does equal 3! :D

Learning about nutrition is something you should do! There is a very old saying -

"We dig our graves with our teeth!" :eek:

Think about what you are eating!

Granny :wave:

15. wow, I bet I'd like to pick all that cool food info from your brain, seem quite knowledge-full. : D

16. That's strange, I learned just the opposite about raw foods anyways. Raw vegetables are easier to absorb because they are alive and full of readily available amino acids. The protein in meat has to be broken down to amino acids before they can be utilized which requires more time, work, and energy.

Meat contains complete amino acids where as vegetables generally are incomplete. So you have to know your stuff and eat accordingly to get by as a veg. Vegetarians get their protein from nuts, seeds and legumes. Also there is a common misconception that we need extremely high amount of protein to keep from being deficient. In reality you only need about 10% of your calories to be protein. Although there are many variables to account for like activity level, body composition, rate of growth, etc.

17. Yeah, said that wrong, it was something about having to eat vegetables all day, whilst you can eat a couple meals with meat in em, something like that i think, so you can do other things besides eat all day haha i dunno really

18. Rastafari, How is the hemp seed diet going? Im real curious as to weather or not its possible to eat strictly hemp seeds for lets say a month. How far into the diet are you/how far did you get? Are you only eating seeds? Or other products and parts of the plant as well? I heard you can eat the stalk, or a component of it at least. An update would be much appreciated! I hope your healthy!!!!

19. Yah dude do it man. Jesus Christ...