could we live off of cannabis fruit?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by baked4now, May 9, 2009.

1. or maybe hes just trying to end your hostility towards him... lighten up man

2. #22 Sam_Spade, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    How am I being hostile?

Because I disagree with him? Because I'm commenting on his demonstrated mindset on the issue?

It's call critical thinking, man. If you have thin skin enough to become insulted by simple dissent, then perhaps the internet is not the best medium in which to share ideas.

If would be all peachy keen if we could all agree about everything all of the time; unfortunately that is also an idea centred around intellectual stagnation.

3. cool bro its all good, dont fret :smoking:

4. Damn man :( I don't like having a bunch of duplicate threads either but why so much anger?

5. haha man your awsome knowing all these words. keep them coming bro.

6. I guess you're speaking from an experience in the American education system. :rolleyes:

7. yea i never paid attention in school not because i didnt want to but because i felt it was wrong what they were teaching us and i couldnt because i have ADHD but who cares about the disorder the education here is pathetic. as long as we know some words to tell people what we want them to know we are good. big words just confuse people so why use them right?

8. #28 Sam_Spade, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    Words ought to be a little wild for they are the assaults of thought on the unthinking.

I use my language specifically to illustrate very specific ideas. I use it to increase my accuracy of thought. In that sense; it doesn't seem strange that you have a very limited vocabulary.

Higher education isn't for everybody.

9. nice quote, thinking is just for fun.

10. lmao
    whooped

but let the oblivious continue their journey of ignorance.

11. exactly but i can illustrate my ideas very clearly with my vocabulary that i have and in a way that everyone can understand not just people who would rather study words and confuse people. and i meditate to increase my accuracy of thought. words are just a way to communicate expieriences meditatine is a way to expierience the mind.

12. #32 Sam_Spade, May 10, 2009
    This just perpetuates the lethargic stoner stereotype.

It's something that I do not enjoy. Much of the contributing reason why we're still declared criminals in most places. Popular perception is our worst enemy as a community.

I defy the stereotype, not only in my profession but in my everyday life.

Within your own thought is one of the very last tangible faculties where one never has to settle with being content. Stagnation is a choice.

13. im accually not a stoner at all i am a lover of the cannabis plant. i believe it has way more uses then people really give it. i dont know why you think that im a stoner maybe because i joined this forum. but i dont apreciate you calling me a lethargic stoner. not to boast but i am 17 and live a clear enlightened life in my own eyes. and like we were talking about words mean nothing untill you expierence the word itself. if you never saw a dog and you heard someone say dog you would have no idea what it was but you know the word. thats why words arent the best way to express your thoughts. try drawing or playing music to express your thoughts. but for you studing words is something you like to do and since your good at it you can express your thoughts well. for me i can do it but i dont know half as many words as you do so its hard to express myself correctly. so sorry i cant keep up with you its not about smarts its about eduction.:smoke:

14. Well apparently you never learned to read TOA either.

15. I just wanted to say that I totally agree with most of the things you say and I actually enjoy watching you call people out on their mistakes.... The one aspect I'm not with is the way you come across to others when your communicating your ideas. Like you said, most people(especially in the US's horrible education system) have a hard time understanding and conceptualizing your ideas, simply because they cant comprehend them. I completely understand your problem in trying to get others to understand the complications of everyday life. Most people are frightened by new ideas and have a very hard time conceptualizing them. They put up brick walls in their mind which ultimately limits their capabilities of expanding and improving themselves. For that reason and because of time constraints(something we are all bound by, no matter what). I only spend my time with others who I feel are open for change and aren't limiting themselves mentally. I try not to waste my time with people who are stuck in the same pattern and who are too lazy or just too scared to actually listen. Just like you said, its all about critical thinking skills. So don't waste your time preaching to someone who will never understand and more importantly who just doesn't want to understand. They say ignorance is bliss and to a certain extent its true... Not me though, I'll keep my virtue and let the sheep stay in their own little worlds. :rolleyes:

Btw. The U.S. school system is HORRIBLE, trust me I went through it. The sad part is that its only getting worse. I still however honestly believe that it is up to the individual to stay persistent and to learn how to think critically, even in an environment that advocates the complete opposite.

16. while others were practicing reading and writing i was practicing meditation and how to live life the best way possible psychologically. now i am happy to have this convorsation with you even though you keep picking on me. instead of getting mad and saying mean stuff back im just calm thats what im good at now and i think its more important then education because i can communicate with people better then people who studied hard through high school. and these post only take me about 1 min each to write so im fortunate to be a fast thinker and typer. anyways i call myself enlightened but unless you think your enlightened you cant use the word because you havnt expierienced it yet. but if you wanted to you could easily you seem wise enough.

17. i agree with this completly but some people are entitled to there belief and if they want to believe it they can. ignorance is a just a word so you have to be more precise on what you mean. but i agree i dont think that baked4now accually is ignorant i just think hes just messing around on the forums for fun. at least he kept his kool when you called him all those names you have to give him credit for that.:rolleyes:

18. Of course everyone is entitled to their beliefs. My problem is when people are unable to to even entertain their opposing sides ideology's. If you want to prove anything then you should start out by trying to disprove yourself first. I'm pretty sure this sums of the scientific method and I believe its something that should be used every time anyone is analyzing anything of importance. I don't think baked4now is ignorant either(well we all are to an extent) and I definitely enjoy the way he is handling the situation(lots of others would have went off on a tangent by now).

I do however disagree with this post(but I am willing to entertain it :p). The point that your missing here is that everyone has subjective views on an objective world(different perceptions). For this reason there is a big problem we face(especially in this day and age with information being so plentiful) which is learning to properly communicate our ideas in an orderly fashion. Sam_Spade doesn't study big words to confuse people or to sound intelligent, he just has a larger vocabulary than most which he uses to get across his ideas and ideology in a clear and precise manner. This is something that we should ALL strive for simply so we can become better individuals which will ultimately lead to a better man kind. Is this just a shitty pipe dream that can never happen on any mass scale? Maybe but I do like to stay optimistic and enlighten those around me(at least the ones who are open to it). Does that mean that we as individuals shouldn't do our part to become more intelligent simply because the majority chooses not to? Absolutely not.

Meditation is something totally different(at least for me). Meditation to me is taking time to let go of all external inputs and simply come to terms with the reality's of everyday life. It's a way of clearing your mind and focusing on one single point of interest. A larger vocabulary will only help one think clearer and more precise which will only make the meditation experience a happier one. :smoke::smoke:

Here's a nice quote that I like to live by even though I don't know who said it or the exact words:
    "To be fully satisfied is to be dead"

So I guess the question most individuals should be asking themselves is are they satisfied with their education? The next one should be what are they gonna do about it?

Edit: Come on Sam_Spade I wanted to read what ya had to say :p

19. wow you are very wise, i have to say i disagree with the quote though because i feel like i am satisfied fully. but i have a life story that many people would die for but many people also would find cazy and dumb so its a very contrivertial life but you can think of it any way you want thats how life is. if you think of everything as a possitive thing then life is happy but if its in a negative way then life sucks its just that easy. thinking in a possitive way is how i satisfy my life. but then again it helps you through life so its a great quote. thanks for your imput.

20. #40 Yaysatan101, May 10, 2009
    This thread has been uber hijacked into a lexicon battle.
    I'll disengage, thank you..:hide:

Edit:

P.s. does obviously improper spelling/grammar in post kind of bug anyone else?

Just me?