Simple Guide to Best Quality Hash Oil and Crystals (70 - 99% Pure THC)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by bombchron, May 3, 2009.

1. #1 bombchron, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
    [FONT=&quot]I have been looking at "how to make hash oil" pages for a couple days now and this is by far the best method I could find and I tried ALL methods.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The potency that this method makes is around 70% to 99% THC so you get baked off like 2 hits.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]:D[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Steps:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Freeze your bud/trim for at least a few hours to get most of the chlorophyll (green stuff that degrades oil quality) out.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put your frozen buds/trim into a mason jar and fill the jar [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1 – 2 cm above the bud/trim with 95 - 99% ethanol/isopropyl then shake vigorously for about 30 seconds and quickly pour the contents of the jar through a mesh or wire strainer into a bowl underneath it. There still might be some plant matter left in the solution don’t worry about it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]3)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Now pour the contents of the bowl through a coffee filter and into the Pyrex dish. This will filter out any plant matter left.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]4)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put the Pyrex dish on top of a very low heat source such as a stove burner on minimum, a sink with hot water or a hot water heating pad and make sure you have the dish close to an open window or if you do it on the stove turn the stove fan on for ventilation. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]5)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Once all the ethanol/isopropyl has evaporated you will be left with golden colored sticky goo. Now put the dish full of golden goo in a dark place to cure overnight.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]6)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] In the morning stick the Pyrex dish in an oven preheated at 220 F (105 C) with the oven door closed for about 10 – 15 min. This is where the decarboxylation happens and the THC – A loses a carboxyl group and becomes the more strongly psychoactive THC. (if you used really good bud that has been cured and decarboxylated then you can skip steps 6 and 7)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]7)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Take it out of the oven and let the Pyrex dish cool for a few minutes.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]8)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you just want hash oil then you can scrape it up right now off the Pyrex dish but if you want to make the hash oil crystals then stick the Pyrex dish in the freezer for a couple hours. The hash oil will freeze up forming very hard crystals.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]9)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Once out of the freezer immediately begin scraping the hash/honey oil crystals from the bottom of the Pyrex dish with a fresh and sharp razor blade. Try to do this quick so the crystals stay hard and once you’re done scraping you’re ready to start smoking. :smoking: Best place to store it would be in the freezer.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hash Oil Uses:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Oil hits[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Oil papers[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Melt some on a bowl[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mix some bud in with oil to make hash like stuff[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Hash Oil Crystals Uses:[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Sprinkle on bowls[/FONT]
    ·[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Put in joints [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I can’t really advise lone stoning joints of Hash Oil Crystals, probably look like this after :p
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

2. #2 Mike_Mike, May 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
    [FONT=&quot]"6)[/FONT][FONT=&quot] In the morning stick the Pyrex dish in an oven preheated at 220 F (105 C) with the oven door closed for about 10 – 15 min. This is where the decarboxylation happens and the THC – A loses a carboxyl group and becomes the more strongly psychoactive THC. (if you used really good bud that has been cured and decarboxylated then you can skip steps 6 and 7)"

Really??? Will the Pyrex not crack or do you wait until it cools before putting in the Freezer?

And one more thing...what if you are skipping 6 and 7 like mentioned..at what point do you put the oil in the freezer to make crystals?

I am doing some testing right now with some bud we already vaporized once or twice...would heating it like that qualify for "decarboxylating" the bud or would you suggest going through the process of curing and reheating in the morning for a 10 minutes as suggested?

Thank you for posting this by the way...I think your right best one I have read and have done it several ways over the years.

A little off topic but any advice you can give those of us that might be considering using Everclear 151 (in california)??

[/FONT]

3. Yes wait til it cools down enough that you can hold it in your hand, then stick it in the freezer.

If skipping steps 6 and 7 just stick it in the freezer a few minutes after your done evaporating the alcohol and after it's cooled down a bit.

Yes, vaporizing should decarb most of the weed.

And about the everclear 151, it would work but if it's not 95 - 100% pure you will get worse quality oil so I would only go with the everclear if you can't find anything else.

4. I think Bacardi makes 151 and Everclear is 95% Alcohol by volume so it is better I guess.

5. #5 MuffinMan44, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    According to Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible heat does nothing but degrade THC. The only time you need to put your pan in the oven is if it needs to evaporate more.

Also, putting the bud in the freezer doesn't get rid of the chlorophyll, it actually stops it from breaking down into other chemicals. The reason you put bud into the freezer is to make the resin glands fall off the plant matter more easily, just like during bubble hash making using ice water.

I highly recommend the above book. It tells you almost everything you might need to know about herb.

6. 151 is only 75.5% so it isn't the best thing to use. Everclear is 95%, hard to come by usually, expensive, and/or illegal depending on where you live. It is easy enough to buy 99% Isopropynol (rubbing alcohol) from most pharmacies over the counter in decent volume, or for large amounts hit up your nearest hydroponics store.

7. #7 Blaze21, Mar 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
    That book is horribly inaccurate - you have to remember that much of the info in there is just based off Cervante's opinions. He seems to understand little about chemistry and biology and many of his assertions and statements are not based on scientific research or anything else of substance.

I would have to agree with the original poster - a small amount of heat and the end of the process for a limited amount of time does make a much better product and does not negatively effect potency so long as you do not heat it too much or for too long.

I've done several side by side tests using a method similar to this and there is no question that the heating and freezing makes a big difference in the quality of the finished product.

8. this is the entire point; to degrade the useless THC-a into delta-9 THC

or in tecnical terms heat the extract to decarboxilate (remove the COOH group) the non psycoactive thc-a into the highly potent and psycoactive delta-9 form of thc

this has been my technique for making highly potent qwiso for years and it wasnt until not long ago i figured out why my product was coming out more potent than my other forms of hash or qwiso

9. not only did you resurrect a dead thread, it is one of hundreds of guides on here pertaining to qwiso.

10. i thought you were never supposed to heat thc above 120F when you're not tryin to get high off of it :D

11. #12 mosaicAce, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
    it definitely is.. he even copy/pasted info from the other post!

12. i've heard that light will harm the hash oil, so you're supposed to keep it in an opaque container. any truth to this? how long can you store the oil if it's not frozen?
    thanks.

13. i cant stand this kinda hash, it's got that ghetto taste imo...if you want great hash spend some money and buy a set of bubble bag's...don't ruin tric's doing this people...
    it just seem's like a really lazy way of making crappy hash...
    and yes i smoked some yesterday, made from haze bud...no trim, and my bubble bag leaf trim hash kicked it's ass....hand's down..

14. For taste, then bubble bags are the way to go. It took a lot of tinkering but I have been able to get my alcohol based hash to come out very clean lately. Not as flavorful as bubble, but no more funky flavor, and it is a LOT more potent.

It helps if you can find higher proof alcohol (like 196) and you do need to do heating and curing process to it at the end.

15. true true, i make it in hard times from trim, but man..that bubble sure does rock..lol

16. Oh yeah bubble is still my favorite too - you just can't beat the flavor. What I've been doing lately though is taking all my low grade bubble (like from the 120 screens) and doing the QWISO process to it. Comes out much better than the shitty bubble it came from ;-)

17. ahhh! not a bad idea at all...

18. I agree, this is basically OSG's guide (stickied at the top of this forum). I've tried it once, it wasn't tasty hash at all, but it doesn't claim to be. It is fucking strong though, without a doubt the purest, strongest smoke I've had.

For tastier hash try bubble bags, hand rubbed, "scissor" or "finger" hash, or dry sifted, pressed kief.

I once made blender hash, it was great and pretty strong. It had the more authentic hashy smell and taste. It was also easier to work with cus this hash oil goes really sticky in your fingers.

19. I've also enjoyed making blends of the QWISO and the bubble lately - you get the better flavor of the bubble but the potency of the QWISO. At this point I prefer it over smoking straight QWISO because it tastes a lot better.