Session after possibly having the Swine flu

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DaComeUpCat, May 1, 2009.

1. Last Thursday, my grandpa came over from Alabama to visit us mainly because my grandma passed away a few weeks prior. Last Friday, he was telling us how he was pretty sick, he had a fever and was in and out of the bathroom all night. Fast forward to Sunday, after we had finished driving him halfway back, we turned around and headed for Atlanta. Right when we crossed into Georgia, my dad began complaining about his stomach and how he might not make the drive back. We stopped at a gas station and then used it. After that, we got back on the road. Before we could even get back on the highway, my dad pulled over, stuck his head out of the window and threw up about 5 or 6 times. I had to drive the rest of the way back. I had been seeing the Swine flu on the news a lot and wasn't sure or not if they had it. I wasnt worried about myself getting it though because I assumed that they just ate something.

But the next day, sure enough, I woke up with a fever and a pounding headache whilst feeling extrememly nauseated. I sat up for a second before laying back down to prevent from vomiting all over my bed. I planned my dash for the bathroom and then went for it. I barely made it to the toilet before I began vomiting my insides out; it just wouldn't stop. I ended up going back to vomit two more times but just layed in my bed for the rest of the day because nothing was coming out but stomach acid and my stomach was killing me. My head continued to kill and my fever stayed high for the rest of the day. In retrospect, it was the sickest I've ever been in my life.

Fast forward to this passed Wednesday, my boy hit me up and asked me if I was down to match up with some other friends. I told him about the whole thing. He said that I should be good even though I know that viruses can stay in the body for 3 to 5 days after symptoms. Later on, he told me that our other friend and this other guy I didnt know already had a blunt rolled up and that he can scoop me and then we could go meet them. I gave in since, I hadn't blazed since 420 and I was feeling much better. My friend scooped me and we met them. We blazed in a tennis court at a random apartment complex. I met the other guy and he was actually cool as hell.

After we finishing the blunt and fucking around we left. Then we hit someone else up for a ten and we went to the gas station to get a 211 and a Spark. We got the shit, went back to his house, and blazed one blunt and killed our alcohol.

Now, I'm no doctor so I'm not a %100 that I had the Swine, but I can be pretty damn sure that I did have it. There's not point in going to the doctor because the virus should have left my body by now, so it probably wouldn't show up in any tests. But so far no one has called talking about being sick and I think they would've been showing symptoms by now since the Swine flu has like a 24 hour incubation period (or longer). That has really been on my conscience though; I dont want to be responsible for getting a whole bunch of my friends (and other people) sick. But its over and done with, so time can only tell what's going to happen.

2. well g sounds like you had the regular flu too...no way you can tell for sure on your own.

3. Yeah, I mean I haven't read much about the Swine Flu, but if it's big enough to be talking about it all over the news and stuff, then it's going to be a lot worse than throwing up and feeling shitty for a few days - we're talking a hospital stay at least. Sounds like just the regular Flu, or even just a bug.

4. If it was the swine flu it wouldn't just 'leave' your body, if so there wouldn't be such a fuss over it and getting vaccinations.

5. yeah dude u guys prob all caught a stomach virus i think ur straight...

and if u think u have a chance at having the swine flu go to the doctor immediately

6. First, most swine flu cases in the US as well as most other countries, have been minor cases (meaning a doctor visit, and no hospital). The only serious cases have been in mexico. And, no body is making a fuss about getting vaccinated for the swine flu, because they haven't had a chance to make one. If people would read any news articles, they would realize that most of this swine flu hype, is just that, hype. Hype by our president and government. He needed to get his health secretary confirmed. What better way then a looming pandemic. Also, any that can take the attention off the shitty economy is worth exploting.

7. the only serious cases have been in mexico....

pretty sure i heard about a little two year old girl dying of swine flu in texas.... thats pretty serious if u ask me

8. If your talking about this
    U.S. reports more swine flu cases, no additional deaths - Washington Times
    Then your right, I am sorry. Let me rephrase my statement.

No American in the US has died from swine flu.

I am pretty sure that no american has died anywhere from swine flu, but i am not 100% on that, so i am not going to make that statement. The girl was a mexican who was still wet from crossing the boarder. You know what, Obama should use part of the $1.5 billion he asked congress for to send every swine flu case on a paid trip to mexico. That way the us could say we have no cases of swine flu in our boarders.

9. well from what i can gather from what i have heard about it and im just assuming this. But i think thw hole fuss about the flu has been completely overblown, they are just giving it huge media coverage because it is new. In Canada and the US there arent a huge amount of cases (comparing population to infected) and in mexico there are quite a few. This is because in mexico there is a much more densly populated place, for example mexico city has more people in it than canada all together, also it is not as clean as the rest of north america, so risk of infection is much higher. So you shouldnt worry about swine flu, just take some small precautions and stuff. You'll be fine, but if you are really worried about it talk to your doctor

10. On a side note, the only reason it's so big in Mexico is that people rarely wash their hands and worry about all the things we do (In the poorer areas, which is most of the areas). This is not bias or anything but it's true, we shouldn't have to worry about it going wide-spread especially since we've all been taking pre-cautions since the first news of it here.

11. Finally some other people who can see that this thing is bs.

Here is a interesting website:
    Deaths from Flu - WrongDiagnosis.com

That is a shit load of people dieing of the regular flu. Let me know when this pig thing gets close to those numbers.

No matter how bad you think this thing is, thanks to modern medicine, it will never be as some of pandemics of the past:

Pandemic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. Learn the facts, the media has completely blown this out of proportion. Most people recover without needing any medical attention at all.

13. Damn, seems like anyone that doesn't feel well these days immediately thinks they have swine flu, or if someone's sick people are automatically like "Hope it's not swine flu!" WTF? Obviously the media has been doing their job of keeping us in a perpetual state of fear..

14. Like I said, I'm not a doctor and I based my assumption on the knowledge that I have on the symptoms of the (swine) flu. Regardless of whether or not I had the swine flu, it was the sickest I've ever in my life and with all the media surrounding the swine flu, that was a pretty rational assumption in my opinion.

15. lol, there is a lot more flu viruses than Swine, and chances are you didn't have Swine. Everybody is freaking out about the Swine flue, when it's really not affecting that many people. We should be more concerned with looking each way when we cross a street, than we should be about Swine flue. haha.

Oz.

16. I know there are more than than just one flu virus. And how do you know the chances are I didnt have the Swine flu? I said that was the sickest I've ever been in my life and if that wasnt the Swine flu, then I seriously cant imagine how bad the Swine flu is. I kept telling myself, if I didnt have the Swine, then I had something worse because that was hell for me. Here are the flu symptoms (I definitely had some strain of the flu if I didnt have the Swine):
    CDC H1N1 Flu | H1N1 Flu and You
    Here are the syptoms for the Swine (I showed a lot of these as well):

And btw, the first American has died from the Swine if anyone's interested:

Relatives grieve for Texas woman with flu who died