Any drugs I can use while on antidepressants?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Delusional K, May 1, 2009.

1. Most recent use:

50mg of ambien
    ~4 shots
    Cigarette

Now I know antidepressants are supposed to strength stimulants, didn't really notice any effect from the cig.

I thought ambien makes you trip but all that really happened was i had EXTREME double vision. As in my i was seeing a candle and then a second one maybe 3 feet away but not that much blurryness.

I don't remember much but i did some STUPID things I think it was from the ambien.

I popped 1, then snorted 1, then SMOKED one(i KNEW you cant smoke these, i have NO CLUE why i even tried) then snorted another and i dont know how i used the last one...

I might be getting seroquel soon for my sleep problems(legit), will these give me a high at all?

If it does i'll probably only take 1 pill extra since i really need it for sleep right now

2. #2 Diceman, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    Ambien is used recreationaly by some people but it generally just makes you tired. It's good for sleep.

The seroquil is the same it's for sleep. It sucks for recreational use though. The ambien effects your brain more and the seroquil hits the body more.

When I told my doc I had sleep issues he offered ambien along with lunesta (commercials on TV) and xanax.

I wouldn't snort the ambien either. Just pop it. Only some pills can be snorted. Not every pill is supposed to be ingested by snorting it.

3. fuck seroquil it doesnt work

4. It works just fine on most people who take it.

5. i was talkin about recreational not legitimate reasons

6. Ah ok :smoking:

7. but while im here i must say i did feel the body high that you were talkin about

i was in school to after a while i just said fuck it and fell asleep right in the fuckin lunch line

8. i'm on wellbutrin daily(it's not an SSRI anti-depressant) and I smoke/drink/take xanax almost daily, and i'm perfectly fine. I seem to get higher when I smoke, it's weird.

9. The term antidepressant is very broad. What antidepressants are you taking? I love Seroquel, it's really good for relaxing and sleeping, smoke weed with it. But not much for a "high", taking more will result in you sleeping for several hours.

10. I too take Wellbutrin, and it seems to make me higher. I think for me it's cuz when I don't have the Wellbutrin, the weed fills in the space, thus resulting in less of a high, and more "keeping you balanced."

To the OP, you may develop sleep problems if you take that level of Ambien. Go easy on that stuff. :)

11. I already have sleep problems, a type of insomnia(Have a little trouble falling asleep but i don't stay asleep i wake up on average 3-4 times a night)

I'm currently on 20mg of lexapro.

I was taking Prozac a while ago and I smoked pot and i got a panic attack for basically the entire high, my heart was racing and my anxiety was pretty high. Also my head felt very warm and kind of buzzing similar to extacy except I didnt get a rush of good feelings so it SUCKED.

Prozac was a little bit strong for me too, it gave me strong derealization and OBE feelings everyday. The lexapro does it a little bit but not anywhere near as bad.

Im afriad to smoke again because of the lexapro....if had a bad experience with prozac does it matter which kind of antidepressants or does my body just not take it well?

I'm naturally sensitive to medication I blackout easily and get high off low doses

12. my buddy was about to take his moms prozac the other day thinkin it was a "generic soma"

13. How effective is it for your depression? Effexor is a good one but has the worst withdrawls of all. Trazadone is a tricyclic that is also prescribed as a sleep aid and doesn't have the negative sexual side effects associated with SSRIs I would look into that one.

14. i'm on abilify and lexapro.

i still smoke, take percs, and xanax. and i did the same when i was on a higher dose of the two.

but if i did coke id skip a dose just to be safe.

15. I take it for OCD and Depression. It works really well for my OCD but doesn't help my depression that much.

I should note which ones don't work:

Trazadone doesn't help me sleep(highest dose was 200mg)
    Ambien doesn't help me sleep(First time i took it was off antidepressants and had lucid dreams which woke me up)

Also trazadone did give me negative sexual side effects, I kept getting boners that would wake me up a LOT during the night and they wouldn't go away. -.-

16. well from what i have read, you dont even say what AD your on.... do you know if its an SSRI or a non... you dont even say what your on exactly and the dose. you should be staying away from drugs in general on ADs, the big one that comes to mind is mdma among others.

maybe listing some 'drugs' you want to do, you really shouldnt be doing any if your emotionally unstable. itll be better off in the long run. look at yourself, why are you on them, if you have serious problems i would refrain, they might be a cause of alot of your problems

why dont people do there own research, you need to check your drug interactions. since you dont say what your on, look that shit up on google, than make a thread with left over questions

17. #17 MarijuanaBudha, May 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
    LMAO! At least you could get a boner though.
    Your body chemistry seems odd if ambien and trazadone didn't work, what do amphetamines do to you?
    I would suggest trying a heavy-duty benzodiazepine like Restoril (Temazepam) or Rohypnol.

18. at least you had sexual function..i couldnt get in the mood ever when i was on a high dose of lexapro. and when i did get in the mood i couldnt come.

tmi i know but it happens to people alot.

19. Well the reason I'm taking lexapro isn't because of my drug use, I dont use drugs that much it is because of my OCD and i've had depression for a long time.

Anyways the drugs i want to try are...weed and downers of any sort. opiates or maybe a little bit of alcohol

Is that safe at all?

20. fuck anti depressants Zoloft makes me angry as FUCK