Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. --------------------
    yea its possible to do that although if its an indica plant the yield will be small i'd give Indca plant about four weeks ,,,if its a sat or sat dom you can put it in to flower at three weeks ,because of the longer flowering time ,,,,,,mac  

2. ==================
     RIP jcj77d ,,,,,,,always sad time when a Brother grower passes on,,,,,,mac

3. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. #2444 SammySess, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Hey guys,

I've decided to grow my own medicine but im struggling. I'm not expecting a great yield or product, I'm just seeing how this plant will turn out. 

I got the seed from a bag and placed it directly in soil under a fluorescent bulb for 2 days where it hatched. I noticed it was stretching quite a lot so I dug out my old 90w UFO from storage and placed in under that. It was quite close to the LED light for a day, almost directly under the UFO so i moved it much lower just incase.

Since sprouting, the seedling is now on day 4 or 5. What I've noticed now is that the original two seedling leaves have started to point upwards and the seedling seems to be leaning to one side while the other two true leaves seem to be drooping slightly now? Should I be worried? I attached some photos. I'm leaving the light on 24 hours until its ready to flower if its a female. 

No nutes have been used, just soil from outdoors and water (pH has not been tested in water either). I feel like I might have over watered it for the first 2 days. 
    What do you think? Is it healthy enough to survive? I plan on moving it to a bigger pot once its roots settle.

Also, there is a water atomizer in there with the plant to keep the moisture in the air.

[​IMG]  [​IMG][​IMG]     

5. Droopy fan leaves are usually a sign of over watering. Is your soil damp? Don't worry about water ph at the sprout stage also. Give it a few days for the soil to dry up and your seed should perk up

6. Hi I'm new to this I'm using cfls about 10 of them and I was wondering if I could put those lights on a strand of Christmas lights and would it handle that much wattage

7. #2447 BirdDog64, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. Mysterious

9. so you want Christmas lights and cfls in your grow area?

10. Don't forget the presents on the tree

11. Sorry, meant to do search, not post! Tried to clean/remove post. My bad!

12. I apologise if I made you apologise bro

13. All good! 😀

14. I was talking about using the wire and putting the right fitting instead of the original fitting(socket) on the strand that way they would all be connected with one plug

15. why not use a Y - light bulb splitter. Two light bulbs per socket?

I'm really not understanding the Christmas light concept. Do you have a drawing or anything?

16. Well I would just be using the wire is what I mean like take the original sockets off the strand and replace them with the right sockets for the cfls that way all my cfls would be on one strand of lights for less wiring. Also I'm not talking about the new small Christmas lights in talking about the old school big bulb strands I was just wondering if the wire would handle that much wattage or would I lose power

17. I'm not going to lie, I never seen the type of lights you are talking about lol.

Another option is getting light sockets that go directly to the wall outlet. Then get a power strip and plug them into that. I've seen a person who was growing like that..

Maybe someone else can chime in on this topic

That's because you're not old like me. :)   They were the only kind most people had back in the '50's. I've seen CFL's at Lowes with that size socket.  It's called "candelabra".   

@jimbob, I would caution against using light strings that old.   If you feel you must , I would test it out skipping 3 or 4 sockets between each one.  If the wires get warm, stop!   You can't leave it unattended if it does.  

19. ===========
    always use the right wiring for the job you want it to do ,,,,wire does not cost that much money any how,,,,best to be safe than have your house burnt down ,,,,mac

20. #2460 CanIuseTHIS, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
    k