Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. That's out of my relm. Go to the search and type in what you need help on. Go to the beginning of this thread and read. It's not that easy. It is hard just to grow an auto flowering cloning is for more intermediate growers. You cannot clone an autoflower. I am new too. I learned by asking. I would ask some more and read. The other people will tell you to read it's not a set it and forget it. It's a constant checking and making sure your temps are right and the humidity. There is so much more than plant and forget it. You need to see if it's a female or a male. If it's male it's dead. You will have to kill it.

2. We're can I find good seeds

3. The big world of Google..............

4. I have tap roots on LSD, Liberty Haze, G-bomb and Vanilla Kush I will be following keeping an eye on this thread and posting progress

5. First time user and the first thread in which I have read, so I would like to start by saying hi! :wave:

Secondly thanks for the very descriptive/specific thread. I was initially going to post a thread with an endless amount of questions until I stumbled across this, however I still have a few questions that are specific to my situation. My closet is approximately 2' x 6.5' x 7.5' and was wondering if this is nearly enough space, especially with the measly 2 foot depth of my closet? Furthermore if it is, what light limitations(200 watt CFL?) and what container size(1 gal?) should I use to fit these constraints of space. IF all sounds good, I do plan on utilizing my drawers a little more for clothes storage if you know what I mean. :p  However I do understand that the overall size of the plant is heavily dependent on the amount of space and usable energy, because, well... that's just biology and the rule of thumb for most life forms here on our planet :D. Well those are my two main questions, all nutrient information was very well described in here as far as nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium ratios go in fertilizer and PH of overall runoff. Hope this thread isn't dead by now, but if it is thanks anyways for the numerous questions answered in one thread.

6. I am very impressed to know about the viable and Non-viable/immature seeds.......

7. olaaa

im ready for transplanting my new lady´s and bought myself plagron growmix 100% terra
    has anyone got experience with this?

thank you

8. THERE Is A Thread On Lights and keep on reading threads. Not to many experienced people are on here. Or they don't answer. Idk. It's not what it was 11 months ago when I started on here. A gallon for every foot tall of a plant. 3 gallon at the least. Those cfls have to be very close. And your plant will be against the door. Mine are and it is 3 feet deep by four feet wide and 7 feet tall.

9. mine is 60 inch height , 30 wide and 19 deep.. first time grower and i just done harvesting.. running on DWC.. growing white widow auto grow up till 95 cm reached the top.. 250w hps for lighting.. all my guidance and problem solved from this site and advice from well experienced guy.. mactheman.. also from this forum but on another thread.. try sick plant thread.. its always active and there is lot of people are kind enough to give advice and solution.. happy growing!

10. #2390 mactheman, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    ============== you could use some sort of low stress training to utilize the the width of the grow space .sort of spread the plant out like a fan ,which would keep it low so CFL would be nearer to the stems where the buds will grow ,,just my couple thoughts ,,it may work,,,,,,mac    

Sorry Franklins Tower i quoted you instead of Sweenyweeny,,,,,,,,,mac

11. #2391 Franklins Tower, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    I didn't mean that it's dead it seams like no one answers anumore. Look at the time and date of each post. You want to get a good set of nutrients get General hydroponics flora series. Works great. Has kelp in it and molasses. You need. Good soil buy some fox farm ocean forest and double the amount of happy frog potting soil, mix it and you should be good for a month after transplant before you need to add nutrients. You cannot germinate The seeds in this soil it is to "hot" too much nutrients. You should get fox farm light warrior seed starter. Ebay has them all. Soil and nutes. Comes descreet. Dont use mirical grow unless you want it dead. Most of it is time release and it doesnt give whats needed. The plant will tell you when it needs food. Don't freak out if part of the leaves yellow. Ask and give pics and someone will answer. It most likely will be that it needs nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium and the micro nutes. That's why you get the flora series. Get some cal - mag google it. You will need it. The nutes don't give enough out sometimes and you need it for flowering especially. I hope this helps some. Don't over water. 20% of what you used should flush out of the container the plant is in. Relax and be patient. The little plant will grow then stop because it's growing beneath the dirt. The roots grow. So be patient.

12. Thanks bud! Just got my medical card, and as soon as I brang it up to my dad that I had got a card he had mentioned growing without even me hinting at it. Pretty perfect. Lol turns out I'm growing in a bigger space approximately 6x3x7 space. How much yield per plant could I expect in a 3 gallon bucket?(under perfect circumstances) beginning my building of the environment soon, and plan on making a post on how to build a good sized grow box for cheap, so I'll mention you in the post so that I can get as much experienced opinions and/or knowledge that could help me when their available with the growing process.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. [quote name="asia noobs" post="21063332" timestamp="1418565115"]mine is 60 inch height , 30 wide and 19 deep.. first time grower and i just done harvesting.. running on DWC.. growing white widow auto grow up till 95 cm reached the top.. 250w hps for lighting.. all my guidance and problem solved from this site and advice from well experienced guy.. mactheman.. also from this forum but on another thread.. try sick plant thread.. its always active and there is lot of people are kind enough to give advice and solution.. happy growing![/quote]

Forsure thanks bud I could really use you in a thread I'm about to make for a reference when I have any questions, we all have problems we run into the beginning and your growing space is very similar to mine. Mind if i tag you in it so you could follow and answers any questions I may have?

[quote name="mactheman" post="

14. Thanks bud! Turns out I'm going with a 400 watt hps with the new space that is available. Might build a 2 foot high section for premature growth with CFLS in the space below my adolescent/mature growth area just have to figure out specifics first and decide how I could go about utilizing every inch within my box. Mind if I tag you in a post that I'm going to make so that I can refer to you and other more experienced growers?

15. [quote name="SweeneyWeeney" post="21071016" timestamp="1418710358"]Forsure thanks bud I could really use you in a thread I'm about to make for a reference when I have any questions, we all have problems we run into the beginning and your growing space is very similar to mine. Mind if i tag you in it so you could follow and answers any questions I may have?

[quote name="mactheman" post="

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]

sure mate.. but im still learning too.. gonna do my second grow soon.. maybe we can share and help each other.. and thanks

16. If this is your first time growing don't expect to get a ton off of the plants. Unless you have a natural "green thumb" you could pull an ounce per plant depending on the size of the plant, the amount of light it got while growing. There are so many different things that need to fall into place perfectly or your yeild will be less and the size and density of your colas will be less. Don't get panicked at all. The first time be patient and have fun. Ask alot of questions. Always ask. Take pics and post them so others can see and help. I am very blunt. I won't say your doing good if your not. I won't be mean either. Don't expect anything, so at the end you will be happy.

17. I've been growing consistently for 5 years now. In that time I have experimented with various hydro methods and lighting, going from low watt CFLs- to HOT5-LEDs. There is a HUGE disparity among LEDs. Really good ones are designed by mj growers FOR mj growers

While cannabis is a weed, optimizing the various elements (light/food/humidity/air flow) has a HUGE impact on the quantity and quality of your harvest

I have developed a super simple hydro system that you can follow

Pics are current grow under Solar Spec 260w LED in m DIY Mini-Me F & D

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/1343134-how-maximize-2-x-2-closet-easily-expandable.html

Attached Files:

Hi, this is my first time growing and I need to figure out when to harvest ?? The plants have been flowering for the past month - when is the best time to harvest?

Please help - see pics.

View attachment 6781

Any help will be appreciated!

19. If my plants was flipped could I reduce the stretch period any way at all maybe by lowering the lights closer to the plants? Or will they stretch no matter what?