Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. --------------------
    what do you mean germinating for 36 hours are they dead' ,,did you soak the seeds first?,did they show white tails(roots) then did you plant into soil? or did you plant start into soil? if you planted straight into soil they will show above soil in a week to 10 days ,,,,if soaked and planted with tail probably show above in a week ,,,,patience mate patience,,,,,mac.. 

2. yes tails had cracked but not by much think just being a little impatients thanks for reply

3. ------------------- 
    a lot of people when they first start growing start poking around in the soil looking for signs of growth,,,,,even ive been guilty of that in the past ,,,but that little tap root will be growing down into the soil,,,,when its gets down to where it wants to be it;ll start shoving its head out the soil ,,,,if you had white tails before you planted dont worry they should show soon,,,now no peeking ,,,mac

4. just had little peak 2 started showing think i can relax a little bit now thanks

5. Looks like here is lots of literature for me. Cheers friends! :smoke:

6. #2326 DrunkTrumpet, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    IMG_0696.jpeg
    can anyone tell me what is going on here? the bud is looking weird and it is close to harvest time... should i be worried?
    thank you.

7. #2327 QuatroCT, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Looks like mold to me, but I'm no expert.

Edit: hard to see with the picture too

8. thanks for the input QuatroCT. the bud is becoming a little darker and the leaves are almost shrivelling, the crystals seem fine and there isn't any weird fungus on it but its almost as if the bud is over ripe. i had someone else comment and tell me it could be mold as well, i might just call it that. just a shame to lose such a nice looking bud.

9. My plants still in veg and was wondering when to go to flower, its about 12 inches tall and has a bunch of new leaves and pistols on it, giving it 18/6 now when should i go 12/12 any help would be great! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411590099.586533.jpg

10. No one can tell you when to flower specifically.

You have to decide yourself based on the facts and ask yourself some questions.

The facts that I can see are:
    -the plant is going to double or triple in height; is that the height you'd like to see?

-the plant won't be able to bear much bud; you wouldn't ask a person to work if they weren't ready would you

Just think about what flowering actually is! The plant will now focus on producing its fruit!

The longer you stay in veg, the stronger your plant can become and that can only make it stronger for flowering.

It's not when it's whether or not she's ready!

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1314811-My-First-Indoor-Grow-And-Journal

I'll sell my inventions so everyone can be a hero, everyone can be super. And when everyone's super.. No one will be.

11. Okay but if it triples in size wont it be ready for bud? I dont want it to get really big id say 2-3 feet is what i want it at

12. And if i put it in flowering stage right now how mch do u think i could get from it? Thanks

13. Okay. Well my buddie just tossed a seed in his alley and it grew, and summer was coming to an end so i saved it. Our guess is kemo, does it look sativa or indica?

14. #2336 jesterhopperpot, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    [Empty]

15.  its bud rot mate sorry answers a bit late...but other newbie people here will now know ,,,,,,,,,,mac

16. I just have an off topic question, I have been growing for some time now and am thinking about trying some autoflower strains(thinking of going with dutch passions autoextreme) but I am curious about the photoperiod. Do you continue to keep the lights on an 18/6 or 24/0 cycle all the way through harvest or do you switch to 12/12 when you start to see the flowering process start. Thanks in advance for this newbie question lol

17. I am new to this internet question asking. I am not a beginning grower and by no means an expert. I have been growing for three years and have had several successful crops at a previous residence in another state. At my new home, I have a dedicated extra bed room for growing. Personal use only never over four plants at a time. I have a good friend who is an owner of a gardening store and is an expert grower. He can not figure out my problem either. Someone please help, because I'm wasting expensive guaranteed quality strains. Currently I have one Great White Shark and one Chemdawg seedlings that are two days shy of five weeks old but only approximately two inches tall and look really bad. Since January of this year I have been attempting to grow a couple of plants with no luck at all. Here is what I got; The two strains from above, in mesh eco three gal pots with new "Roots Organic" soil that has never been stored where insects could infest it. I have two 125 watt cfl grow light that are new and reputable ( I have always veged with cfls). My temperature and humidity, I have controlled at 75 - 80 degrees with 65 to 75 % humidity with a fan blowing gently and a great air flow for proper air exchange for good respiration. I have sticky pads all around, including a top dressing layer of Gnat nix a pulverized glass topping to prevent gnats or other insects. Also I spray a product called Doktor Doom which is harmless to the plants, but kills and prevents insects as well. Yesterday my gardening supply guy gave me some products to use in which I did apply. They are General Hydroponics Rapid Start root enhancer as well as a 5-0-6 part "A" and 1-5-4 part "B" nutrients even though the soil is new and normally has plenty of nutrients to get well into the veg stage. Every attempt the seeds germinate with no problem and come up looking beautiful but then stop growing at about an inch and half to two inches tall then start turning yellow and begin to die. I track my water schedule as well and know that I am not over or under watering. I am growing organic so I was told I didn't need to check the PH levels. I use bottled distilled water. I can not think of anything else to do. Not to sound like a lot of vets playing on peoples emotions, but I am an retired Army vet that firmly believes in the medical properties of marijuana. This has enabled me to stop taking most of the crap that the VA thinks I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

18. #2340 TrichomeDome420, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    My plants roots are sticking out the bottom of the pot I have it in does this mean it's time for a transplant or should I allow roots to continue growing out the bottom ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum