Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Baking soda is ph up (base)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Baking soda is ph up (base)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. hey i got a good one for yall i have a problem with my first medical marijuana outdoor crop i dont know whats goin down with the plants sorry this is the only fourm i could post on i just fertlized im not sure if this is do to heat stress deffiancy ph to much water or under watering it would be great to know what the problem is and any ideas or solutions how to fix this thank you very much

hey i got a good one for yall i have a problem with my first medical marijuana outdoor crop i dont know whats goin down with the plants sorry this is the only fourm i could post on i just fertlized im not sure if this is do to heat stress deffiancy ph to much water or under watering it would be great to know what the problem is and any ideas or solutions how to fix this thank you very much plant 1.jpg

3. Necrosis. It is locked.up.with too.much fertilizer or something. The leaves give it away. Did this happen over several.days or with in a few? I would flush it with a ton of water. Thats what nute lock looks like inside. Kinda hard to see the pic its blurry.did it start from the top going down or bottom going up? I would flush three times the pot size with water to get all the salts off them roots. Salt loves to suck moisture away. Mabey try that and it should start

4. Nice work  :hello:

5. #2305 DanTana, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
    What's next?
    My question is this; I have a 8,500 lum light and I PLAN on giving this one plant JUST 5 hours of light because of its special situation; it was only getting 7 hours of bright its entire life and changing this to 5 hours of bright will be sufficient to bud?   Also plan on supper cropping or bending it down, because of its height [too big] .

The 4 feet –bush plant was grown on 7 hours of pure northern sunlight and the rest 14hour day - shade. Plant was deliciously receptive to being ‘Topped. I had to bring it indoors and its now getting 2 days of darkness to trigger buds.

[SIZE=12pt]Any suggests welcome.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

6. Hey does anyone know how they monitor your electicity use? If I start growing with a 1,000 watt light are my landlord and the condo people going to notice? Do they check for things like that?

7. Google it. The DEA gets involved. The electric company contacts the People who contact the DEA. 1000 watt is alot and there is a calculator you can get on the play store or Google it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Thought I'd mention I live in a legal state. Well if the DEA gets involved every time then how do people grow?

9. If it's legal don't worry. If you can grow don't worry. It's something like 30 00 kw in a month.

10. I only have a digital 400 watt dimmable ballast with my MH and HPS. I can go 100%, 75% or ,50% on the ballast.

11. Fantastic write up, thank you I have been looking for something like this for a long time :)

12. Fantastic write up, thank you, I have been looking for something like this for ages :)

13. There is a beginners guide on this site, a quite nice one too. The one this man gave you is good. Ed Rosenthal puts out books on this. He is world renowned for growing cannabis and has schools for it. I bought his grow book and the pest one and it has helped me a ton. Also asking. Headchef is a good one to ask also his friend loki with auto questions or any other.

14. Helpful 5 years on. Thanks OP, wherever you are :) 

15. Hi everyone,

I am a totally new beginner in this and desperately need some advice from the experts out there.  I am a bit embarrassed to ask these questions (which are probably so apparent to most of you), but I've searched the threads and forum and still can't find the information I am looking for.

Approximately July 14, I took about a dozen clones from an auto flower Northern Lights mother who was only a week away from harvest.  Of course the clones had buds like the mother, but I placed them in a power grow hydroponic cloning machine for about 2 weeks until the roots were developed enough to plant.   They were first planted in 4x4 pots, foxfarm soil with perlite and cocoa coir mix.  Stayed in those pots about two weeks and then transplanted to 1 gallon smart pots.
    They have been under CFL grow light for first 3 weeks 24/0 with little or no change.
    I thought possible they would go back to a reveg state, but did not happen.

Decided to move them to another room with a flowering cfl light and start a 12/12 to see if they would just go ahead and flower more to finish.  They have been in the flower room for almost a week now.  Still, very little change.  Mostly plain distilled water with ph of 6.0 some fox farm bloom at very low dose added.

Today, I decided I should take some of the top bud off to see if it would stimulate more growth.  Please, I know this sounds a bit crazy but as I said I am new at this.
    Only one out of the 10 started any new leave growth.  I am thinking that the clones were taken so late that the growth hormone was already there to finish up and they are stuck at the size they are.  My question is should I wait any longer to see if they change or just take them out and use the space more effectively? 

I have two clones from the same mother that were taken before she budded and they are doing very well.  These however are like little mini bonzi bud trees.  Cute but not worth the time and energy I have spent taking care of them.  LOL

Any suggestions other than the obvious, (don't get auto flowering for clones or take them so late in the flowering stage) would be very helful.

Attached Files:

16. I am going to start my second grow an would like to know if this soil is ok to grow with. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409252703.932781.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409252739.249005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #2318 mactheman, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    sorry DAZY ...but you cant take clones off any autos what so ever ,,,,as they go straight in to flower after 21 days or so,,,,thats why you plants/clones look like they do,,,,and if you plant auto seed they go in to at least 10ltr pots after about a week or ten days after germination,mac

18. Could someone Herr help me out with my babie I think she's a GIRL but this morning I saw her DIDN'T have these THINGS growing out the nodes where the branches split... I'M hoping they female parts or anything but male for REAL please TELL me if I'M expecting to much to soon she would look alot bigger and better but the little brother got hold of her with some lighter fluid so Yea... but she making it a point to try an provide something for me so I'M making it a point to Baby her and she's doing great but what are these little tiny growths... hope they are female parts!! And how much longer should l let her veg for she's on a schedule with the lights turned off at 10 back on at 1 when should I go 12/12 and is it female!?

♡☆Mrs.SnwBunie

Attached Files:

19. hi hoping you can help i have 4 ak autos and they have been germinating for abot 36 hrs do u think they are dead  ??