The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

How long can seeds keep?

• by crazyclimber43
  • Apr 30 2009 12:52 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • Please log in to reply
  • Banned

• crazyclimber43
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:52 AM

I am moving in about 2 months and am wondering if I could order seeds to this address and set up my grow at the next place. The problem is that there will be about 3 months that I am not going to be living anywhere and I wont be able to grow anything. I am able to set a box up at the place I am moving to but I wont be there for a couple of months. I am mostly just wondering as I would rather not order seeds to the place where I will be growing.
Replies (5)

Similar Topics: How long can seeds keep?     x

• World Strain Tester

• Burned Haze
  • Old School
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:57 AM

I am moving in about 2 months and am wondering if I could order seeds to this address and set up my grow at the next place. The problem is that there will be about 3 months that I am not going to be living anywhere and I wont be able to grow anything. I am able to set a box up at the place I am moving to but I wont be there for a couple of months. I am mostly just wondering as I would rather not order seeds to the place where I will be growing.

I wanted to know the same thing. Since i am holding a few seeds for guaranteed indoor.

• Banned

• Fungardner
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:15 AM

Stored in a dry, cool and dark place they can last up to 5 years. I keep mine in my shop fridge in the freezer. If you keep them in your fridge use a box of arm & hammer baking soda to control moisture. Since your talking about only 5 months, you should be just fine.

Peace,
FG

• Smoke Piff

• xspiggax
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 305 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:49 AM

i dunno man ive heard after 6months your germ rates will drop by about half

• Banned

• Fungardner
  • Banned by Moderators
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 01:54 AM

Germ rates do decline over time however the key to maintaining growth viability is to store seeds in optimum conditions. In my 18 years of growing I seldom have kept or stored seeds over 2 years for any reason, and still have germed them. its all about the conditions of storage brother. Since he was going to germ them then plant them in 5 months, there should not be any issues.

Peace,
FG

• Cannavator of Cultibis

• amoril
  • Bronze Member
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

allowing seeds from the fridge 24-48 hours at room temperature seems to help the process. also, soaking before planting may help (no longer than 24-36 hrs)

but they will definately keep for a year or two, as mentioned by fungardner, but only if properly stored.

if you can keep pollen, you can definately keep seeds ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved