Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabis > SWINE FLU!!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Synned, Apr 28, 2009.

1. #1 Synned, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/cannabis-science-inc-reports-prospective/story.aspx?guid={03D1AE62-679E-460D-988F-EE0966A80445}&dist=msr_2

Probably propoganda, but this paragraph caught my attention:

As a result, the high lethality of some strains can be attributed to the resulting adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). ARDS is caused by an excessive immune inflammatory response driven by Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) that leads to the death of respiratory epithelial cells and resulting organ failure. Endocannabinoids are nature's way of controlling TNF activity. Existing peer reviewed publications have shown that phytocannabinoids can prevent this cell death by mimicking the endocannabinoids that nature has selected to prevent excessive inflammatory immune responses."

What do you guys think?

2. that's ridiculous, but sign me up ;-)

3. I have chrohns, and one of the medicines I am given via IV is called Remicade. It's an anti TNF drug as well, which is what helps my disease.

So cannabis also helps regulate the TNF?

4. Awesome great post.

5. That's good to know.

6. Time to get the word out, as this swine flu spreads.

Good news.

7. When testing CBD against type 1 diabetes, they noted that it caused a reduction of TNF of about 70%.

8. Yeah man, depending where you are you can get medical card for chrohns.