Guerilla grow in Winter, Australia

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by SmokeyMcPott, Apr 28, 2009.

1. I want to try and make my grow less suspicious by doing it in winter or around winter, (the cops seem to find alot of peoples grows around here). The average winter temperatures are June: Daytime 18-21C Overnight Minimum 9-12C July: Daytime 15-18C Overnight Minimum 6-9C August: Daytime 18-21C Overnight Minimum 9-12C

I have already started germinating so my plants will be 1 month old before winter comes. I am also growing on an island if that helps lol.

wat do you think?

2. It sounds like the temperatures in your part of the world are similar to mine in SE Florida.

6 Celsius ~ 43 F That is a little on the cool side, but if you can protect the plants from the wind you should do fine...assuming the plants are pretty well established by the time the temps drop that low.

3. Of course, it is the reduction in day length that triggers the flowering cycle, rather than temperatures. Have you got that sorted??

4. Lol that was the first thing that popped into my head after sending the thread. The plant would get between 4 and 6 hours of direct light and around 3 hours of indirect, would this be enough? I also thort that if i plant close to winter the days wil start getting shorter right away and maybe this would make them flower faster. wat do u think?

5. I am going to try a winter grow this year, inspired by OldSkool1010´s method.
    I am frost free, and am going to veg my plants on 18/6 indoors initially, with a MH I have just ordered, then, early Jan (not far off the shortest day) will transplant them into larger pots and put them outside. Hopefully the sudden change to shorter days will trigger them into flowering and I will have a harvest late Feb.

I don´t think you can just bung them outside in winter and hope they will give you a harvest without some preparation.

6. thats a really good idea, would a greenhouse be enough to protect plants from frost and keep them warm throughout a freezing winter in colorado perhaps?