Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Really worried after smoking - persisting numbness/tingling

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nolando17, Apr 27, 2009.

1. #21 AerithStone, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
    It is because you smoked pot laced with PCP.  Weed in the US is occassionally laced with PCP and it is dangerous.  I smoked weed that had PCP in it and began fainting. I had fainting episodes for 2-3  hours after smoking, my feet went completely numb, my lips went numb, and I had a feeling of illness. I felt like I was about to have surgery--if you have ever taken a medication to cause you to go unconscious you will understand what it is--and it isn't the properties of the weed.  You didn't overdose on pot or smoke weed wrong. LOL The weed you were given was laced and dangerous.  PCP is really dangerous. It does sometimes end up in pot, and you will know you ingested it because you may get extremely ill. 

2. THC and other cannabinoid chemicals in marijuana are similar to cannabinoid chemicals that naturally occur in the body. These endogenous cannabinoids (such as anandamide) function as neurotransmitters because they send chemical messages between nerve cells (neurons) throughout the nervous system. They affect brain areas that influence pleasure, memory, thinking, concentration, movement, coordination, and sensory and time perception. Because of this similarity, THC is able to attach to molecules called cannabinoid receptors on neurons in these brain areas and activate them, disrupting various mental and physical functions and causing the effects described earlier. The neural communication network that uses these cannabinoid neurotransmitters, known as the endocannabinoid system, plays a critical role in the nervous system’s normal functioning, so interfering with it can have profound effects.

For example, THC is able to alter the functioning of the hippocampus and orbitofrontal cortex, brain areas that enable a person to form new memories and shift their attentional focus. As a result, using marijuana causes impaired thinking and interferes with a user’s ability to learn and to perform complicated tasks. THC also disrupts functioning of the cerebellum and basal ganglia, brain areas that regulate balance, posture, coordination, and reaction time.

Marijuana potency has steadily increased over the past few decades. In the early 1990s, the average THC content in confiscated cannabis samples was roughly 3.7 percent for marijuana and 7.5 percent for sinsemilla (a higher potency marijuana from specially tended female plants). In 2013, it was 9.6 percent for marijuana and 16 percent for sinsemilla. Also, newly popular methods of smoking or eating THC-rich hash oil extracted from the marijuana plant (a practice called "dabbing") may deliver very high levels of THC to the user. The average marijuana extract contains over 50 percent THC, with some samples exceeding 80 percent.

Your experiences may be simply due to higher potencies. Because Cannabinoid receptors are present in multiple areas in the brain that a affect a variety of functions including the nervous system, it is possible that you are experiencing an over-sensitization in your sensory and perception.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Gonna bump this thread as I am experiencing weird numbness and tingling in my body (mostly right arm, back, slightly neck) about 15 minutes after I take a hit. I had yesterday and almost called the hospital I thought I was gonna have a stroke but then I remembered it was on my right side not left so that shouldn't occur. I have a fever and cold or something and haven't toked for a few days to help my sickness. I took a hit yesterday to get some sleep (was up all night sweat if im under covers/ shivers if not from sickness) and then my right arm from hand to elbow was very numb and tingling. Even my neck was tingling on the right side it was very very weird. I tried a toke of different bud today to see if it would still happen and it did. I have some numbness and tingling now. Any idea what this is? I am a daily smoker and never had this problem and now it's got me tripping out lol.

4. Same dude I got way too high like three days ago and I was completely numb the first day after and today I'm more like muted, like I can feel stuff but not totally. I can have an itch but I barely feel myself scratching it. Shits crazy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Very very weird. Did you smoke a new strain or from someone new? I did and I eliminated that bud and waited a day or two and went back to my own organic bud.. no problems so far. Hope we are all good!

6. Bumping this again as it it back.. do you think this could be from mildew or something in the bud?

7. I specifically created an account on this website to answer this question. I am experiencing the same thing and there is NOTHING on the internet to even help lead you the right direction. You probably won't even figure out what is going on unless you get lucky with a good psychiatrist as even doctors need to google it.

I got checked for storke, nerve damage, carpal tunnel, b12 deficiency, thyroid issues and literally just about everything until finally I met someone who has heard of the disorder.

I'm not any doctor so I'll just leave a link to a website that kinda tells you how to deal with it and what I believe it is. Let me know if you think this is what it is because it's so hard to pin point.

If you have drug-induced Depersonalization, read this NOW - Depersonalization Manual

8. dude that is exactly what I'm feeling right now, its being going on for 2 days and it feels like it will never stop. I'm so freaked out about it

9. I smoked 5 or 6 blunts a few days ago and I have the same symptoms. Tingly face and lip. Went to e.r ekg and cat scan normal.

10. Me too went to e.r they said its mental everything is normal

11. OP is 9 years old dude..

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hey is anyone still here?

13. No Doctors here that I am aware of..
    Maybe seeing a real doctor would be a good idea..(caution is the best road imo).

cannabis-doctor.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SSSHHHH if we’re real quiet he’ll leave

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Challenge accepted

16. You are all fine. The weed is not laced. You all used way too much weed. What did you expect to happen?. Did you expect to win a big screen tv?. You put so much THC into your body that you got shit face high and it has to process it and remove it all. It's the point I know I have done too much weed. The fat cells are drowned in THC. So the rest floats in your bloodstream for up to a week as you burn fat cells off and release the THC back into your blood over the first 2 to 3 days. And due to the feeling of a loss of control, it tends to trigger an anxiety attack that can cause some minor burnout feelings of dreed and just feeling off thanks to your feel-good chemical pathways being out of whack. It does get less intense as time goes on. It stops most cases by day 4 to 6. Never had one last past 6. I did a fat ass dab and an edible and was tripping balls running around pretending to be an airplane. Great times... Anyways, you will be fine young ones =). Too much weed plus anxiety can mix and create stress and make you scared so it puts you into fight or flight and with that comes a raised level of self-awareness and over processing of stimulus. AKA. Overstimulation. It all mixes and goes hand in hand. I promise you are ok. When in doubt just go to the ER. Better safe than sorry. Once they clear you. You will see it was just too much weed and anxiety. Try not being in a super shitty state of mind before you smoke. And make sure you are in a safe comfy spot to smoke. Laters! =).

• Agree Agree x 1