Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and Paranoia

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by JOOSEDndBLUNTED, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I have been thinking about this subject a lot lately. Many if not all marijuana users have experienced paranoia at some point in their smoking career. Many people have said that it is a side effect from marijuana, but is it? As i said, I have thought about it a lot lately and i personally don't think its an actual side effect of the plant. I actually think it is a government established side effect. By that i mean that people wouldn't be paranoid if it were legal right? If no one had to worry about getting it trouble for it, i don't think there would be paranoia. How do you fellow blades feel about it?

2. well i know I probably wouldn't get paranoid if i knew i couldn't get arrested smoking weed.

3. Well, all you said is true, however I think another reason for paranoia is the feeling of being helpless, and not functional when super high. At least for me functionality is a big factor in my paranoia

4. #4 ModderXtr, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    Exactly, I don't get paranoid ever anyways because I just say "it's just the bud, calm down" but if it were legal, thered be less paranoia. Not all the time do I get paranoid of cops, but that is it 99.9999999999999999999% of the time so once its legal coincidentally I bet paranoia basically vanishes.

Plus, the last two weekends I've been able to smoke bud here in the great city of Austin Texas at both Marley Fest and Eeyores Birthday (Eeyore's birthday is FUCKING AWESOME) and I didn't get paranoid once of cops or anything, I just had a blast! Im sure I saw some of you blades there too...people travel to that from everywhere I hear.

At both of those events, there's simply too many people all smoking weed and doing other drugs for anyone to do anything, so they just tolerate it (like in Amsterdam) for those three days. (Marley Fest lasts two days)

Its a wonderful feeling. :smoke:

Edit: I took to long to post...

Im very functional when I smoke, I usually get ripped and go into work most of the time. :D

5. im sure paranoia would recede if it were legal, but sometimes im afraid someones gonna stab me and ill just be like "whoa bro, youre stabbing me" and then just die. you know, its like the idea of knowing you wont really try to prevent bad things from happening. at least for me anyways

6. Paranoia would most likely decrease due to authorities, but overall paranoia just happens because of a high state of mind. I mean, usually if i get paranoid it's just small thoughts about people around me, like me wondering what they're thinking- which is directly because of weed.

7. I'm a highly paranoid person, but a strong will always chases the bad thoughts away.

Oh and in Canada, the paranoia of getting caught is... really nothing.

Elend.

8. your getting paranoid b/c your doing something your not supposed to do probably, I wouldnt say thats the gov's fault. But weed may cause paranoia i dont really know, never looked into it

9. #9 JOOSEDndBLUNTED, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    Yeah i get what you guys are sayin. There would probably be paranoia about other things. I do get paranoid about things sometimes that has nothing to do with authority like life situations. For the most part i dont get paranoid when i'm smoking because i'm always in the comfort of a home. But when i'm ridin with it i'm paranoid whether i'm high or sober. I just feel like i can never be too cautious. But i know i would love for the paranoia of law enforcement to be gone.

Edit: I said its the governments fault just because of marijuana being illegal.

10. I think it may be because your not completely aware of everything, especially if you're alone... But paranoia can also be because of all the lies that we were told when we were kids?

11. I cant say I get paranoid of the cops anymore. Last night though I was pretty fucking high and tired which always makes the high a little more intense. In this state of highness I was paranoid out of my mind and thought someone was in my house...Oh silly me:hide:

12. im never paranoid even in public places. the worst thing is when you're about to go smoke with a friend, you have everything ready and just before you step out of the house your friend calls and cancels out of paranoia. Its just weed, live your life!

13. I am less paranoid outside well since it's New York City and you know a total stranger will have your back if something happens. At home, well my parents own the house so it can get creepy when no one's there, i hear it creaking and stuff, and today i heard some bumping outside and i thought it was inside, but I stopped it right there and told myself it was just the house.

Proceeded to have a great high, nearly sober now.

14. With all the corrupt and unfair penalties just for possesion, smokers have a right to be paranoid. I have, for the most part, gotten over paranoia and anxiety attacks and stuff like that. I think if it were legal and you were allowed to do it I don't think people would get any paranoid feelings. The effects of cannabis make a lot of emotions more intense, so any bad thought pretty much goes along with it.

15. Like i said, i rarely get paranoid. I just wanted to see other blades views on it. I only smoke with a few people so i'm never worried about them. Just traveling with it is what i dont like. I try to keep a good little high going all day and i only smoke in few spots to avoid any hassles.

16. The only time I ever get paranoid while high is when I'm afraid of getting caught by the cops, so I suppose if it was legal my paranoia would go away.