Telekinesis, Telepathy, Empathy, Clairvoyance, Astral Projection, Precognition

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by iMaven, Apr 24, 2009.

1. yup,

telek
    intentional and direct, only weakly, but yeah. takes alot of relaxation to get to that right brainwave though.
    indirect broadly... yeah... though that's way less easy to convince a science head that it happened. maybe if all science heads were like dean radin.

telepathy, hehehe, yeah... ;)
    buuuuut there's just soo much toxins n crap that can knock us off track n have us thinking all kinds of wrong things though. alcohol, garlic, excitotoxins, the shit in nearly all toiletries, certain frequencies and other forms of interference.... this kinda goes for all sorts of these "crazy" things you're interested in tho.

empathy... empathy??!? what's that doing on this list. i thought everyone had that as standard... no? frikkin dog people. :p

clairvoyance,
    yeah, but not so much as the other claires. ;)

astral projected a few times... though never really all that successful when intentionally attempting it. when the timing and situation is right and my energies are high enough, i can just kinda have it happen. setting out to do it hasnt been so successful for me so far.

pre-cog... now that's an interesting one,.,.... future is not set. there's no fate but the fate which we make for ourselves. i poke my thoughts out into the potential futures often. i consider it essential. sorry if this idea rubs in the face of now-ists, but really, when you do this properly you are just as much in the now as ever. how else can you ever know where you are going if you have no foresight? i suppose this is the usefull kind of pre-cognition, the real kind, not the stupid sci-fi version "can't change it once it's been pre-cognated" bullshit.
    like an as yet unwritten song's lyrics go that a friend keeps singin' to himself: "Prediction or Projection?"
    as for the type that you end up telling something thats going to happen... u can easily see how it works, on many levels. from all that spooky quantum effects stuff, to simply the subconscious working out the patterns of causality.

yeah, interesting stuff. i talk about this stuff with my buddies a bit.

2. my friend and i experienced latent telepathy once on accident. we were really high and had a lot of caffeine that day which, according to wikipedia allows for telepathy to work somehow. anyways i found it to be v ery invasive so i havent tried it again.

3. You guys must be having some good stuff over there... :D

4. No, none of my family members practice telekinesis. It is only my father that is also attributed to the realm of magick, and he's only been able to do astral projection.
    But, i have been able to move things, if that's worth noting?

By accident: this is the way my dad first astral projected. It is actually very natural and spontaneous in nature (which is why i think you can get into astral battles on the astral plane (subconcious astral projection by animals with predator instincts)).

And i am SURE that most books are BS. But the book i'm reading now, seems pretty credible, as reliable companies have accredited it.
    Once I get to the astral project part of the book, i'll get back to you.

Well, its kinda like finding the g-spot when you are doing psychokinesis (trying to move things). Sometimes you get lucky and find the right 'wave of thought' that you need to hit in order to move the object. that is why i'm not consistent yet! practice makes perfect, though.

I have also read that caffeine aids in Psionics, this is probably because it excites brain activity, allowing thoughts to be easier sent and easier picked up.

empathy is the ability to truly sense emotions, being able to feel them on all.
    i'm not speaking about the empathy/sympathy that you are thinking of haha.

And hmm... Well if you want me to try to explain one of my theories on how precognition works (with the future being set... kinda) i would be glad to type it out for you.

and you would need to practice for a few weeks with astral projection in order to learn to do it intentionally, consistently.

5. Indeed, I practice often and will continue to do so.
    Never. Your life would never be the same again, probly wouldn't even have one.

6. #27 Cos Mic, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
    ... i still think that's the kind i was thinking of too. sure though, we shut that out most of the time,... just wouldnt be evolutionarily savvy if we couldnt shut it out... at least to an extent. life conditioning probably has some folks switch it off almost entirely.
    yeah, go for it, quite keen to hear other perspectives on this.
    funny how i've spent more of my life attempting telekenisis than astral projection, when clearly astral projection is the cooler, at least on the entry level. way cool. hehe.

yeah, i don't think i'd want that pressure. its not as if much of this for me is all that reliably repeatable anyways (especially when faced with folks using thier psychic energies to unwittingly block such occurances). and even if it were, i dont think that challenge is genuine. seems more like a means of spreading discredit to the possibility in the minds of the public, as it clearly sends out the message "oh, well if it were possible, someone would have claimed, so i wont bother trying"... not to mention the potential for abuse of such things. it's fairly well reported now that governments, most famously the nazis, were into all these kinds of essoteric and occultist stuff. who knows where you might dissapear to if you showed up there with objects floating around you, and reading thoughts~ infact, that might be why no full-on telepaths have shown up yet. XD

i can think of a similar challenge...
    Jack Herer's $100,000 Challenge
    and it's there to point out how improbable it is, it comes from the viewpoint that it cant be done... so the challenge linked there by FatC0bra, one can only assume also comes from a perspective of "it cant be done"... methinks the illusion of scientific objective neutrality is thus shattered.

million my ass.

dean radin - Google Video
    also may be of interest (just of a quick google search):
    [physics/0103031v9] New Approach to Entanglement and Quantum Psi Phenomena, Based on Unified Theory of Bivacuum, Particles Duality, Fields & Time
    &
    Quantum Mechanics: Psi: Physics
    &
    http://www.meaningoflife.i12.com/Telekinesis-Video.htm

pah! a million is chump change. ;D

ps. we all influence the weather with our thoughts, emotions, moods and other vibes.

7. I know what you're sayin man, I've had similair expierences, and I loved it, I got goosebums all over because I could do it more then one time.

Also I have been able to move the fire from candles a little, and also when I was younger -- I believe when you're younger you are way more open and not poluted by all the hism-scisms -- I removed my mothers migraine just by visualizing me going into her head and removing the bad energies I saw/visualized.
    It was pretty hard I can remember, because the energies were like magnets to her head, but eventually I made a barrier and some kind of 'weapon' u could call it to hit them back, out of the magnetic field and keep them there with the barrier until they vanished.
    Shortly after, I myself got a headache but my mothers heavy migraine was gone and this only took me about 5-7 minutes.

I would like to know though, what is Clairvoyance and Precognition?

8. So.
    The universe is infinitely big (it doesn't have to be for this theory to make sense)
    We cant prove it, but it just has to be (or so i've read). Also, it HAD to have been created by something our minds just CAN'T wrap around – a God or Gods (well, that's just my opinion.. it doesn't matter if there wasn't a god or not... Just have that set for this theory) Also, if that is the case, then he is most likely omniscient. Since he is omniscient, he had to have made the universe and all of its inner workings depending on the notion that he knew what would transpire. And since that is the case, there must either be trillions of parallel universe (each universe representing one instant of the time in which the universe exists), or the universe is just one big loop. The loops circumference represents the time of existence of the universe we live in… So, as you can imagine, it is either very large, or very condensed. It would make more sense if God started creating this loop in freeze frames… starting with the end: The Result (aka ‘The End of Time'). He then created a cause for The Result, and then a cause for that cause, and so on and so forth. If that is the case, it would make sense that maybe at ‘The End of Time' (the end of the universe), after all of the stars collapse/go-supernova/whatever, that all existence and matter gravitates (over multiple millennia) towards one point in the form of dark matter (or just super condense matter) (this is what inevitably would happen, no?). So the end of time would actually be the beginning, if the universe was represented by a loop… It's like a rollercoaster ride in the shape of a circle – it becomes stationary at the top of the ride, where the most potential energy is present, and then gains kinetic energy as it gets a little mechanical burst of motion (or however it goes from stationary to moving)… AKA The Big Bang. So the end of the universe most likely creates the beginning of the next… And if that is the case, it would make sense that if the universe is truly infinitely big, that a planet would HAVE to form that could suit the requirements to sustain life – Humans and all that is on Earth. In this universe's life, that planet is Earth. There could be a multitude of others. So MAYBE, whoever created the universe, only supplies the formation of the biological life on this earth… unless the Big Bang could possibly create that by itself??? Also! This could explain déjà vu and precognition, as those events that you feel familiar with (in the case of déjà vu) or that you see (in the case of precognition) have happened in a future/further part of the loop of time which is the universe.
    And hmm. Maybe there are an infinite amount of universes.
    And i know that the universe is 'stretching' to be more accurate (space stretches, and if its infinitely big (the universe) it can't really expand into anything). i just think stretching is a better term to coin (just my opinion, feel free to disagree).

Clairvoyance - apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses

Precognition - being able to see events in the future.

9. i kinda of agree with your theory. I add to this view that thought that this omniscent "thing" if he is so "powerful" and he was/is/will be,the creator of it all than this means everything vome from him/her/it, meaning that we all come from 1 source. where that the case, you, me and evryone in here in essence, are all just 1 thing.
    so along these lines, if you and i are 1, as are the micro components of a cell (which we are composed of), then i beleive everything is 1 thing, 1 mind is what i call it.
    if this were so, these vessels we call bodies, are just like a possible personality the main universal deity has.
    to better explain my point:
    if youve seen fight club:
    the main character has a second persona that was made up by his mind to confront scenarios he did not want to, or could not handle, but tyler durton could. although it was just trully him. so doesnt that mean anyone here living a life, is just a separate personality of 1 single thing that maybe got "bored" and decided to see all his possible thoughts develop, by thoughts i mean different lives.
    the problem with my hteory is that like anyother you can always ask, why? but then, what is the purpose of this omniscent being, why would he make more possibilities of him self, or even maybe he didnt, we're just like the pieces of a cell(planet) which is a piece of section from an "organ"(star system) which with many put together make an "organ"(galaxy. example: milkyway) and with many organs you can make a body(universe) and the universe, is unique, the only one.
    summary: the universe and all in it, is "god", we are all "god".
    thats my beleif.

10. well the logic says that if a human creates a pencil, and then he creates a paper, then that paper and pencil are one and the same... That's obviously not correct (well, is it?). I'm trying to understand what you're saying, but I don't think you're giving the best approach. Maybe I'm just stupid, who knows. Try explaining again?

And also, to the people talking about the million dollar challenge (the amazing randi), before coming into this thread and mentioning that, try reading the rules and regulations of said challenge (oh yea, TONS of loopholes). In fact, you can't even apply for the challenge until you have a large media gathering, and what person who devotes a quiet life of practice and perseverance to Psionics (encompasses abilities in thread title) would actually want to whore themselves to the media, for the sole chance of getting a million dollars? First of all, the percentage of people who are actually TRUE psi-users is probably less than .0001. Secondly, the percentage of them who would actually want to whore themselves to the media is most likely small as well.. Thirdly, getting a large media gathering is hard as it is... THere are many more loopholes in "The Amazing Randi"'s challenge; look it up on google for further info and analysis.

11. The challenge is a non-issue, I linked it because I thought it pertained to the thread. Demonstrating what any "psi-user" can do would be one if, if not the greatest discovery of the human race.

12. #33 Zylark, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    Yes, I snipped a bit. The reason why it is now restricted to people having some media coverage, is because the JREF experienced a lot of cooks trying for it, people who are clearly suffering from some mental condition. The JREF page explains all of this, look it up. All the information is freely available, so why misrepresent it?

What you are doing on the other hand, is just repeating all the usual canards that have been refuted so many times by JREF itself and others. The challenge is just now more focused, aiming at those that claim supernatural abilities, and do make money and get media exposure from it, yet do not want to be tested.

Is that so unreasonable?

13. I didn't do too much looking into the challenge, but I'm sure if you walked up to anyone even remotely affiliated with JREF and moved a cup across a table, any and all "loopholes" would go out the window that instant.

14. Indeed. Provided it was under controlled circumstances where "cheating" (what magicians do) is not possible.

Like all preliminary tests that have been done for the million dollar prize, once you get a clear definition of what is to be done by the claimant, and do it under controlled circumstances, somehow, their powers disappears...

15. No, its quite reasonable..
    But the logic you use is like saying "Well he killed your mom for this and this and this... its quite understandable" So then if i kill my mother's murderer, am i committing wrong? Or if i'm complaining about it?
    No. Its just relative. Relative to true psi-users (bringing in those imbeciles who claim supernatural abilities is pointless, because they are mostly, if not all, fakes (the famous ones)), the fact that, because of other's 'insanity' (mental condition, or whatever you dub it), we should have to suffer the process of whoring ourselves to the media, and makes an extraneous effort to make a name in the media. Relative to the challengers, it is understandable for them to limit the competition to only people with media coverage, if they have truly been hassled with 'cooks' (kouhks) and the like. (but i'm pretty sure that rule has been in the fine print ever since day one??).

And what I'M trying to say, is this: First, let us understand what it would take for one to believe that they had the ability to complete this challenge:
    1. An amazing display of psychic ability (as the rules themselves say they will ONLY be accepted if they are seen fit by Randi... So if he goes "Nah, not gonna accept it. " then you are just SOL. )
    2. In order to get number 1, what would have to have taken place ( this is speaking from a non-anomalic context (psi-users are actually an anomaly, so we are ruling out anomalies of such a far reaching first anomaly.. make sense? We are not going to include the possibility of being a natural psionics who can use psychokinesis like it is as easy as breathing)?
    a. According to all the beliefs on Psionics... Practice makes perfect. For me to even move a pencil an INCH, it took me 3 straight weeks of practice... more than 3 hours per day. Now, I stopped practicing for a while after that, and I'm pretty sure it would take almost as much time as it did before in order for me to do it again... I'm aware of my own ability, but my consistency is lacking, truly (due to lack of practice!). So, do you think Randi would accept a pencil twitching forward a little bit? Most likely not. This leads into the notion that he would NOT accept a display of psionic ability unless it was of a vast enough magnitude, and also of an obvious consistency. For me to show the most pitiful display of psionic ability, it took me over 50 hours of practice. In order for me to show the most pitiful display of psionic ability, but with consistency, i can only imagine. In order for me to show a vast magnitude of psionic ability, and THEN couple that with consistency... The amount of practice that would require is hard to imagine. People who have been practicing for years can hardly move a pencil.
    b. With the practice of Psionics, one is GOING to be confronted with multiple paths... all of which are up to him/her to take or not. This is only concerning the concept of the betterment of one's psionic abilities (the better you get, the more paths that you'll have to take). What I'm getting at, is that MOST LIKELY, one will have to submerge themselves into the spiritual world (i don't know the term i'm looking for) which encompasses meditation, bringing one's own body into a trance, speaking with one's own subconcious, and so on. These, again, are ALL time consumers (in order to be anywhere near efficient in their usage).

So, basically, what we have is a very magnitutious (should be a word) anomaly of people... The anomaly being the amount of psi-users, those who believe in it, and those who can actually achieve it on a grand scale with consistency. Those who can actually achieve it, are an anomaly of those who believe in it. Those who can actually achieve it and do so with consistency, are an anomaly of those who can achieve it. Its a multi-threaded anomaly.
    Also, if this person has devoted all or most (or a major portion) of their free time to the practice of psionics, is it wrong of me to stereotype them as the type of person who cares nothing of material belongings? Those who put the solitude and respect of their life and privacy, respectively, before the chance at a $1,000,000? Those who don't really CARE what other people think or believe about their abilities, but able to find silent contentment in their own 'knowing', as they are most likely enlightened, due to the lengthy time of practice and meditation?
    I think not.
    I am becoming the person I make reference of, and even if i was sure I could display my abilities on a large enough scale, and do so with consistency, I would NOT subject myself to the media, or subject myself to be looked down upon in the eyes of others (this would propagate, people would think you were crazy)... and I just simply don't have the desire of a million dollars, or having other people believe me.

Does my logic prevail, Zylark?

16. Whatever, you continue to believe what you want, as you will anyways.

Fact is quite still, that all claims that have gone through preliminary tests, and they range the gamut of various paranormal claims, have not passed under controlled circumstances. Which would suggest paranormals are either cheating (magic trick) or more commonly suffer from personal delusion.

Put any paranormal claim under the rigour that scientific claims are, and the paranormal ones thus far end up rather lacking.

I find it rather telling that more known and profitable paranormalists, never do seem to find the time to have their abilities tested. Perhaps they know they are frauds?

But I'm sure you got an excuse for them too.

17. Did you read what I said, carefully?
    I'm pretty sure myself that all those people who are "more known and profitable paranormalists" are frauds. But, if you're looking for an excuse... if they are well known and profitable, that most likely means they are millionaires (you don't really get well known and known as profitable unless you're a millionaire (just an assumption)), and they probably don't want to bother with the million dollar reward. But that's just an excuse, not what I believe.

And, the rules and regulations of the challenge is shrouded with lies... It talks about how nobody has passed the preliminary tests, so no final ones have been created, which isn't even true... (i can go into further detail if you wish, but I see no point.. i'm just trying to expose the "wishy-washy"ness of the challenge at hand.)

But i mean... I've done telekinesis.
    So... What are we talking about?
    haha.

18. There is nothing wishy-washy about the challenge except the ones who do not dare to submit to its rules of strict controlled circumstances for the test.

For one simple reason, they know they will be exposed as frauds.

The rules are simple, make a simple case where you have a good confirm or not-confirmed result. Whatever you try to prove. Just like in science.

What you are really argumenting the case for, is that paranormal should not be subject to the same rigourous tests that normal claims are.

I got news for you, normal claims, the ones we test always, have led to something we call technology. Which saves lives every day, in the thousands, and led to amazing discoveries and possibilities. Even the computer you are argumenting your nonsense on. Paranormal claims on the other hand, have led to misery for the many, and a few rich pockets here and there for the ones dishonest enough to feed off human gullibility.

And that really is it.

19. hmm.
    well i think we've had a little case of miscommunication.
    i do NOT believe that "paranormal should not be subject to the same rigorous tests that normal claims are". All I am simply stating is the logic behind why the million dollar challenge has not been completed yet... That is all.

And if the rules and regulations having lies in it does not cause it to be 'wishy-washy', then what does?
    they aren't THAT wishy-washy, but they do have a few errors in them.. no matter, though.

also, there is a loooot more behind doing something under a controlled substances.

for instance, putting a covering (glass or otherwise) over an object that one intends to move, can cause a subconscious block (trust me, i've experienced it).
    and you can't just put off a psi-wheel consistently spinning as coincdence, even if no covering was present.. i'm under the belief that The Amazing Randi wouldn't see this as grounds for paranormal proof... because its not 'controlled' enough.