Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Freezing Cannabutter

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Doogong, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Hello Fellow Tokers,

I'm making Pot Brownies for my friends this weekend and it seems there's really two ways of going about it:
    1.) Simmering the sweet ganja in a sauce pan with cooking oil for about 30-45 minutes and using the resulting THC-Oil Mixture as the oil component in my favorite brownie mix.
    2.) Going through the 1-2+ hour ordeal of making cannabutter.
    Now, I have no problem making cannabutter if it means a higher potency. My first question is which method is most effective for THC intake. My second question is, if cannabutter is preferable, do I have to freeze it right then? or can I put it straight into my brownie mix after it is done simmering?

Thanks for your help. Happy smoking.

2. not positive, but I think I saw somewhere than you just keep it in the fridge

3. i followed the cannabutter recipe posted in the sticky

all i did was, melt butter--put pot in--simmer for 5 min---put in fridge till it was hard---remelted butter then strained it--- put back in fridge for 1 hour, till hard then made some chocolate cinnamon toast crunch rice crispy treats