Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Freezing Cannabutter

• Please log in to reply

Doogong

Doogong

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Fellow Tokers,

I'm making Pot Brownies for my friends this weekend and it seems there's really two ways of going about it:
1.) Simmering the sweet ganja in a sauce pan with cooking oil for about 30-45 minutes and using the resulting THC-Oil Mixture as the oil component in my favorite brownie mix.
2.) Going through the 1-2+ hour ordeal of making cannabutter.
Now, I have no problem making cannabutter if it means a higher potency. My first question is which method is most effective for THC intake. My second question is, if cannabutter is preferable, do I have to freeze it right then? or can I put it straight into my brownie mix after it is done simmering?

Thanks for your help. Happy smoking.