What happens when you die?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mushie, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Yes, exactly.

2. each religious belief is its own belief, can't say it any other way, except to enjoy the pussy and weed and everything you find "enjoyable". Live while you can and make the best of it, no one knows what will happen after each individual dies, it's something each one will find.

3. As crazy as it is to exist at all....

You make an assumption... based on "facts" you can't understand, perceived in a way you can't explain.

Fair enough - the man is confident. (Had to take another stab, sorry)

4. in my perfect world

i would die, ascend to an otherworldly area (heaven), meet up with God, and he'll say to me

"now what do you wanna do? seriously, go do whatever man, go be a bird for a few months, then move to peru? fuck if i know. OH! shit i gotta show you dimension F man, that shit is off the fucking chain bro"

5. i like pineapple skunks interpretation of life after death haha. i think that death feels like a deep sleep, one where you either are or aren't aware that you're dreaming. it seems overly optimistic to say that there's life after death. and it seems overly pessimistic to say we simply rot in the ground. so i think there has to be some relativity to it, like everything in life.

6. lol. yea, idk why i feel that way i just do.

and i am open to the fact that anythings possible. so i don't put down anyones ideas. its all good, whatever happens, happens.

7. This for sure..

Nothingness.

8. Something.

Or Nothing.

9. Or everything

10. i believe that you just fade into nonexistance..in other words, do you remember anything before you were born? Nope, you dont...i picture its like that... im agnostic, sometimes athiest...so the body decomposes, rots with worms, and life goes on....

11. do any of you remember being in the womb of your mother before you were born?

i believe that death is exactly like it was before we were born.

absolutly nothing.

i think that this entire planet could disintegrate in seconds and the rest of the universe wouldn't miss a blink.

enjoy life while you're here on earth. this IS heaven.

soak it in, and toke it up. :smoking:

12. well i kinda feel better knowing that a lot of others feel the same as me

13. #34 ricard0, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2009
    It's no big secret. What happens when we die? What happens when your cat dies? It's recycled. Composted. Biodegraded.

C'mon folks, can't we all just be content knowing that our rotting shells will help feed some worms and/or plants. LOL

I wish there was a heaven or an afterlife or something that perpetuated this wonderful thing we call life.

But alas, in death, nothing but ego separates man from mammal.

14. for those of you saying death Is like before you were born. How do you know before you were born was nothing if you have no memory of it? What if it was everything and when we were born our minds oppressed us from swing what really is. Just some food for thought

15. I like to stay open-minded about death... anything is possible...

Maybe our spirit or consciousness is transfered into another being, human or otherwise.

Maybe we go to heaven and sing songs all day or we go to hell and burn in a lake of fire.

Maybe we enter a perpetual dreamstate.

Maybe we just die, and that's it.

Either way there's nothing we can do about it, so there's not much sense in worrying about it, although it can be interesting to speculate at times.

You can count on one thing, though... it'll be a new experience, even if it may be your last :p

16. For those that believe the brain is the beginning and end all of conciousness and there is no after life you really need to hear the biologist Bruce Lipton lecture on how the human body is made. It will blow your mind! Once you listen to these facts, you might have a change of opinion. Go on YouTube and search for him. The lecture is called "where mind and matter meet".

17. I personally can say that I do not know what happens after death. I have never experienced it and thus my views on death is this: Many people choose beliefs in gods, reincarnation, freedom from mortal bounds, revealing of the universe etc. But I believe it's because everyone doesn't want to believe/is afraid of what might be true: Find some place silent and close your eyes. Like that, but without your thoughts. And that's just fucking boring :(

18. Worm food!!!

19. Thanks to Article 3 of the bill of rights, we are all entitled to believe what we want, right. Here goes...

Heaven or Hell, plain and simple. It's not popular, I know, but it is just as real as this present world.

No religion, no alms, no prayers for the dead, and no purgatory.
    No works being weighed (good and bad).

Only the FAITH in the shed blood of Jesus Christ can save a soul. So all you out there who think your just passing on in some journey, or you will dwell in nothingness, or you will reincarnate, I hope you reconsider your latter end.

So when it's all said and done, and your dead, education is useless, money is useless, friends and family are gone, all influence you ever had in life, wiped away, no one there to sound cool to, no one is there to impress with your knowledge, no one is there to hear you mock the dumb Christian, and you are standing before a HOLY, righteous, supreme, GOD in your own righteousness, and he says, "Give account...", what are you to say?

Remember, before you answer:
    "Every idle word that man shall speak shall he give account thereof in the day of judgment."