Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

brown hairs on bud means it's cheap?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by high tymes 420, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ppl keep saying that brown hairs on the bud means it's a garbage type of bud and then a few ppl say the brown hairs means it's healty and will get you higher

what is the real answer to this question?:smoking:

2. #2 Viktor, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    I've heard the brown isn't that good of weed. I'm not an expert but I believe red hairs are good indicators of good quality weed, etc.

Edit: There's a lot of threads here showing off pictures of weed people have, I would check out some of their pictures.

3. I suggest you check out the guides to quality available in the Apprentice Tokers.

Brown weed is usually shwag or lows mids which means its poorer quality.

4. Brown is usually bad, but orange hairs are good :D

5. brown hairs can mean that the bud wasn't harvested correctly, they should be orange. the grower might have taken too long, but i don't think it's that big of a deal if it's just the hairs. how are the crystals?

6. Noo.. ANY brown is bad. Brown is shit, shit is bad and smelly.

Brown weed is scwhag, and the brown hairs they claim are really loose aritifacts and steams in the dirty weed.

This is scwhag with those so called brown hairs:

[​IMG]

Now good quality bud is dank and kush strains.. these are green budded with trichromes and orange hairs, and hairs that are orange,white,purple,yellow - its a good sign...

[​IMG]

7. i've never heard of brown hairs only brown bud, its most likely some dirty shit but if the bud is grean and only the hairs are brown then you could have some super crazy shit. definenly post a pic though i wana see this.

8. My mind is about to explode as I read all these comments. It's OK for your bud to have brown hairs, some strains do, it's the brown bud that you don't want.

9. it's ok herbal. it's mostly just kids.

Yeah hairs can be brown. It doesn't mean ANYTHING. Many many of the finest strains on earth have brown hairs.

10. #10 Noid, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    Hairs begin as white or clear on the plant during the first months of flowering.

As the plants buds "mature" or ripen, just like most fruit- they tend to get darker.

Dark hairs can mean many things- it can be affected by maturity, types of lights used to grow, chemicals or soil used to grow, and even strain.

Don't judge bud solely on the color of the trichomes, can be deceiving.

11. that shwag literally looks like a chunk of dirt with worms in it!
    who the fuck could enjoy smoking that?!

12. I was about to sy the same thing, does anyone on this site even smoke?

Oh look, brown hairs on the dankest dank i have smoked, gotta be shitty.
    [​IMG]

13. Don't forget pollinated calyx's ;) or over ripened bud.

14. Not over here boy, know what im sayin? lol :cool:

15. If they are on beasters or mids then its probably lower quality herb but if it is schwag or bobby browns then its a no go for smoking. That will make you sick.

16. that scwhag kinda looks like that leagal bud shit

17. Ye man, exactly what you mean :smoking:

18. this is called thia weed its full of stalk/leef/seeds and very little ammount of bud but wait thia weed is normally greener but still shit tbh i got given a quater of it by a mate and i had like 3 shottys (bong) used about £5 and it just made me feel lil bit mellow nout special tbh,but ur stuffs brown its proberly old thia weed m8 just grind it up and do £5 spot bongs lol it should do somethink

19. Brown weed usually means worse weed, but the orange hairs can sometimes appear more brown, and that usually isn't an indicator of quality in any way.

20. For weed and acid, use this rule of thumb
    STAY AWAY FROM BROWN!!!