Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Asthma and Weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bman1, Apr 20, 2009.

1. I have asthma, sometimes frequent use ( taking huge bong rips over and over everyday) gives me a cough but then I lay off for a couple days and it's all better

2. I've been put in hospital for asthma they rekon it was life threatening I thought they were over reacting tbh that was at the age if 10 I used inhalers n all tht shit, started smoking at the age if 13 noticed my lungs were getting worse til the age of 16 when I started smoking weed everyday and after a few months I had no need for my inhalers.

In my opinion weed cured my asthma.

3. #23 Gesneuveld, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
    Buy an inhaler vaporizer somewhere on the web. Some look just like normal asthma inhalers. It's much healthier for your longs and you can blaze anywhere you want without anyone noticing. You can thank me later:)Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

4. this may be true but all the chemicals they put in with the tobacco does the damage.  used to smoke then all of a sudden couldn't take it anymore.

5. OK, so I have asthma and used to be a daily tobacco and weed smoker.  You will hear mixed things, and it's kinda a complex thing to objectively talk about.  Let me explain :)

When you smoke tobacco, it closes your airways a bit. Very bad for asthma.  However, when you smoke cannabis, it actually OPENS your airways a bit, as one of the properties of weed is that it's a bronchodialator - the same as the drugs in your asthma inhalers. So short-term, smoking pure weed may briefly help. But it's still obviously not a great thing, as you're inhaling burning plant matter (with some carcinogens present, although less than tobacco), paper, etc, still irritating your throat with fire. 

The problem is, when smoking weed you're still smoking, so there's debate as to how helpful it is to smoke it for relief from asthma, but there are plenty of other ways to consume cannabis.  Eating brownies (probably too strong for your first time though!) or vaporising are by far the best options.  If you're going to smoke it just try to avoid it being mixed with tobacco. A blunt (cigar with weed in) would probably fuck you up, they used to with me XD I'd cough a lot.

I don't know how bad your asthma is - mine's generally okay until Winter where I have a bit of trouble. But smoking weed on the odd occasion, especially without tobacco, you'll be fine I expect.  Keep your inhaler with you just in case. As a newbie you probably won't need more than a couple of puffs anyway, which from the point of view of your lungs is really nothing. You might cough a little bit.

so yeah, hope that helped :) Also, you may well be a naive teen 'going through a phase'.  Lots of teens find and use cannabis that way.  But it's a herb that's been on our planet for thousands of years.  A 2,700 grave in the Gobi Desert was recently dug up, and the guy was buried with 2 POUNDS of weed lol ... It's been used responsibly and valued for intellectual, spiritual, medicinal and recreational reasons literally forever, and there's a lot more to it than just the naive teen phase approach to it.  It's up to you :)