A rare phenotype?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by rockyhollywood, Apr 19, 2009.

1. please, you could stop this debate in its tracks with a few pics man.

ya know, since so far, we have 1 pic total.

2. #22 Jim Dunlop, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2009
    That's weed, just looks resin covered to me, and VERY sativa dominant pheno of whatever it is.

I'd need to see a closeup to be sure though.

The lighting is making it look different colors, the resin does weird things to pictures of weed.

3. doesn't the blue cheese also have that look too, pretty much any in that line i'm guessing, i'm not a fan of the cheese smell pheno though.

4. that's pretty much what convinces me it's either not cannabis, or is a cannabis plant somehow modified. this isn't a genetic mutation that will just all of a sudden manifest itself in just one generation. if I knew any botanists, I'd ask them what the use of fuzzy hairs on a plant are, because we all know plants don't evolve traits that are unnecessary or unsuited to its environment.

if a white, fuzzy cannabis plant grew in the wild, it would likely come from a completely different climate than where normal cannabis grows. if not, why wouldn't ALL cannabis look like that? the only way that trait would be brought out were if 1) the plant even had the genetics in the first place to look like that and 2) it were artificially selected and bred by a grower. since this is a very serious undertaking, producing a radically different phenotype, it wouldn't be so mysterious. there would be pictures galore, magazine articles, etc.

finally, if in fact the plant is covered in such fuzz, can you imagine smoking that? it seems to me like the smoke would be really, really bad for you....

5. #25 mattwood1011, Apr 30, 2009
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

thats white with Trichs not hairs, so idk what that first pic is

EDIT: second pic is week 3 and first pick is week 6 1/2 and it flowered for 9 1/2 weeks

6. #26 Jim Dunlop, Apr 30, 2009
    That is TRIMMED bud... if you haven't all realized that.

Stop saying it isnt weed.

The hairs are to catch pollen, the resin is to protect the plant from UV and bugs.... SIMPLE AS THAT.

7. Bro dont look at the picture, read what he wrote, its white with HAIRS, have you ever seen a plant thats white with hairs... i havent.. and i would like to see a journal of a plant white with hairs, and yeah your right hairs are to catch pollen, but not white with hairs..

EDIT: sorry if that sounded rude, when i re-read it it sounded rude :eek:.. :D

8. #28 amoril, Apr 30, 2009

ok...

lets assume it *is* cannabis. Then, what we see is still not right.

the magnification is great enough to see the bulbous form of the bracteoles. Yet, not great enough to see a piece of leaf remaining? In fact, there arent even gaps where a leaf would have been, and was removed. There should be flecks of green.

either, thats the best trim ive ever seen, or its not real.

if anyone wants a more thorough read on it, heres a link. NOTE, the link is in no way conclusive, just some different information / perspective.
    The Great Cheese Deception - MNS Forums

9. IMO i can see small remnants of trimmed leaves all over that...
    looks like some trimmed bud to me
    why would someone post pictures of some random ass plant they found that looks like weed? to be silly and look like a dumbass?

10. i magnified the pic to 200%, and I can definately see some leaves...but nothing obviously taken from the 'bud'

i still cant tell if its real, real but photoshopped, or flat out fake

does it not appear to be shaded at the top, and well lit at the bottom? but casting a more downward angled shadow on the plant next to it?

11. that isn't my picture, but I came across it by the internet. The look is identical to this strain, or charactoristic RARE apperence I'm talking about. Oh, and thank you to the ones who had something possitive to say. To the people with negetive feedback, I work at a clinic (kushism) in SFV and have been around cannabis growing most of my life. :pNot to mention I get to see and "donate" out about 2 lbs worth of differnt strains a day for my job. :hello:

Maybe, the look is an EXTREME concentration of tricomes that are very short and crouded? Another important aspect is that It always has an extremely high calyx to leaf ratio, and rarely ANY HAIRS AT ALL!!! I remeber the calyx being especially large as well.

On another note, I HAVE ANOTHER BURNING QUESTION... :confused:The new "local-hit" strain in from so-cal co-op, :smoking:"MASTER-P" :smoking:any clues to the genetics of MASTER-P? It stinks soooooooo good!
    I no it has something to do with chemdog, but dont know if it's chemdog#4 or what other strain cross it is. The "SOUR-MASTER-P" is lovely as well! Thanks guys!

12. #32 zpyro, Apr 30, 2009
    Cmon, Jim, I had more faith in you :(

Hairs on a plant that are NOT pistils do nothing for pollination. It's equivalent to jizzing in your girlfriend's hair. What makes you think that, just because the gametes are stuck to the female, that it increases the chance of conception? Fact is, it doesn't. Pollen is completely useless to a plant unless it is on a female pistil, on its way into the ovule. If the pollen sticks to the "hairs" on the leaf, or even the calyx itself, the pollen will just sit there and do nothing, just like the jizz in the hair example.

13. #33 Duckyx, Apr 30, 2009
    Yeah, That doesnt look like buds. It doesnt have colas. It seems buds are popping out of the buds. and that just seems WAY to white, there is no other colour. then white. or could be a northern light strine or a white rino/white widow mix. or a REALLY well develouped male plant lol.

14. look for a strain called Millenium Ice, i know a couple of shops used to sell it online a couple years back. Looks just like this plant, same fluffy, velvet and white leaves. They say it gets its white appearence from the triches, but i doubt theres that many. Gl though, thats the only plant i know to fit those characteristics.

15. What exactly are you talking about?? Or are you just rambling about fantasies you have?

When did I ever say anything about the hairs on the leaf or stem? Don't really know how you got into the pollen debate.

I've grown cheese before, and I have to agree, there are tons of phenos out there, probably because the real UK cut was never actually given to a seedbank to butcher up. Keep in mind, the original UK Cheese is CLONE ONLY!!

Take a look at all the OG kush cuts coming out now, that are imitations, and are actually labeled as INDICA!! OGK is sativa dominant, always will be. GHS will further butcher the chemdog line.

What the plant pictured is doing is called foxtailing. The calyxes stack up in fingerlike form, usually in sativa dominant plants.

I really don't have the patience to argue about something as stupid as a picture that is obviously freshly trimmed cannabis. As it dries, you will be able to see more "green" color.

Could be photoshopped, but who cares. It's still weed. That's all I'm saying. It's a fuckin cannabis plant.

Do your fucking homework or grow some bud like that before you come at me again.

Here's foxtailing from my own garden. See how easily those little leaves can be clipped off leaving only resinous bud? This plant isn't even that resinous.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. #36 Jim Dunlop, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    Yep. Fat calyxes, high C:L ratio.

Again, trimmed up, and in the right light, this would look almost IDENTICAL.

[​IMG]

17. Here's another pure equatorial sativa, with the crazy calyx to leaf development.

[​IMG]

18. #38 zpyro, May 1, 2009
    What the fuck is your problem, dude? :confused:

Don't get sand in your vag because you forgot what you typed. For fuck's sake man, I never even mentioned anything other than the whiteness caused by fuzzy hairs, and YOU mentioned hairs catching pollen. If you're talking about pistils then fucking say pistils, hairs on a plant don't catch pollen, bottom line.

Why are you guys getting so goddamned pissy about this? None of the pictures posted look like the original posted picture. If you think it's weed then think it's weed, what does it matter what others think??

19. Check this one out. It looks pretty similar, with the mostly white color. It has a little more green and more leaves but it looks pretty close.

BC Seeds

20. #40 breedtheweed, May 1, 2009
    Hell of a wild look to that one,Ive seen stranger mutations on lots of plants and I see wher yoiu are coming from.This is a crazy mutant ,interesting but god what lose buds that would make.Still cool so tell em to kiss off.
    And looks like it would be mold resistant as hell and dry fast too so Kudos nice find.