A rare phenotype?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by rockyhollywood, Apr 19, 2009.

1. #1 rockyhollywood, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
    [​IMG]
    This picture is suposedly a pheno of skunk#1 from sensi. And became the (original uk cheese) But wasnt cloned. (as legend has it lol)

I have a few times in my life seen marijuana that has this "white velvety" appearance to it, that does not look like typical marijuana at all. Once was a phenotype from a bubblegumXkush strain that someone i knew bred.

Another time was an unknown strain from a clone given to me. It had a extremely sour/dingy smell and tickled your nose to the point where you were guaranteed to sneeze.

Is there a hybrid strain that comes in seed that has this "fuzzy, fuzzy white/pale green" appearance?

How rare are these types of phenotypes, or how often do they occur? Is there a particular strain I can buy a ton of seeds of and maybe find this unique phenotype/characteristic?

Thanks so much, I hope my question makes sense, and isn't too confusing.
    :confused:

2. Wow Dude.........that shit looks off the hook bad ass.........can't help with the pheno, but couldn't help commenting........good luck in your quest to find.....will follow this thread to see if anybody knows anything.

3. thanks man... you have never seen bud with this look? I mean the calyxes and flowers leaves are hardly green, at all, very very pale greenish white, and its not crystals that make it white its like a fine fuzz all over it all i can describe it as is similar to velvet.:confused:

4. #4 Chunk, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009
  5. not a weed plant

6. I was going to say that too. I would be very nervous to try to smoke that stuff. Velvety white filled leaves nah I would have to pass. Usually in nature any bright colors means danger or Im poisonous.

There is a plant that looks like that and I know that if you break off a leaf or scrape the bark it will bleed a white milky substance that will kill you very quickly if ingested.

I also know that the wrigley tree from mexico is kind of the same but its liquid is used to make bubble gum so who knows. I just know I would smoke it;)

7. Ok... I'm not an idiot. I think I know what I'm talking about, and I have GROWN IT BEFORE, seen it and smoked it on different occasions:eek: <------ so, retard face to you guys, who said "It's not cannabis" :eek:

8. #8 zpyro, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009

hearsay isn't worth shit, buddy. I can claim that I grew bud that gave me head every day, doesn't mean it's true. show some proof, some better, more clear pics and people won't call bullshit on your story

if the plant actually had the fuzzy white hairs, I'd put $ on it NOT being cannabis. cannabis gets a frosted look from trichomes, and trichomes are anything but soft and fuzzy

9. #9 mattwood1011, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
    QFT, and put so perfectly. And with facts :D

10. what bothers me about that picture....

its obviously outdoors. Any of you ever seen a cannabis plant grown outdoors? it certainly doesnt have the appearance of being grown indoors in a 3gal container.

there should be some serious branching / bushing going on there. on the contrary, the picture doesnt even have anything that is clearly a leaf.

11. i have boght shit like that. its got female cannabis calyxes at the meeting place between branches and the stalk. i say its cannabis. it may have unique characteristics but even standard phenotype classification is not organized the same globally. testing of cannabinoid levels and different kinds is done in oakland, ca. search for for marijuana testing in oakland at google. they may be willing to test it if your a patient in cali.

12. Looks like weed to me. Some frosty buds. And whoever said it should be bushy - throw a clone outdoors in the first few months of the year or the last month of the outdoor season, straight from rooting and watch that sucker stay 8" tall and become a little cola mosnter - much like this one. Sorry to come trolling on you trolls, but that's my $.02

13. frosty with white hairs on the leaves? why dont you read ;)

14. I know the kinda bud you mean, but dunno if I can help with the strain. I'd start by looking at varieties of cheese, skunk, or afghan strains

15. I would like to see more pictures if you can take more for us?
    It kind of looks like a plant that is growing out of my bush out front but it is hard to tell.
    You can not get mad at people for telling you there input that's the whole point of posting your thoughts you should normally post at least 1 or 2 pics...

16. #16 Miguel420, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
    Rocky kinda made it clear that it's not his pic, and that it IS cannabis (a rare skunk #1 phenotype, supposedly)
    Oh and maybe throw this question onto the ICmag boards, they're clever over there lol

17. this pic is all over all the boards....

and, there is NO consensus. Tons of people, on ICmag and MNS, have requested more pictures, yet none of the cheese-heads have been able to produce one.

surely, it could be that rare of a phenotype....

but come one. how likely is it that 1 phenotype has only been photographed one time only...given how popular the cheese / skunk line is.

18. i dunno man

in my opinion it looks like some good bud that was grown indoors, got moldy as shit during the cure and fuckface went and brought them outside to take pics....

mold is the only velvety white ive seen on buds that looks like that

19. I get weed that looks like that bud, though it is greener it has the same appearance.

20. if u have grown it before why wouldnt u have more pictures of a weed that looks like that....