Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why do my eyes get red when high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by White Smoke, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Figured I would revisit this thread because I have the strange phenomenon of never getting blood shot eyes. Took a .5 rip of some sour earlier and my eyes stayed perfectly white. I read this thread and began to think could it be a sign of high blood pressure? Since thc makes your blood vessel expand making them more visible, it would make sense to me if ya already have high bp your vessels wouldn't expand as much as someone with normal bp. Any thoughts?

2. Haha I love red dialated eyes.

3. Simple really. When you smoke weed your blood pressure drops because your veins dialate. so since your eyes capillaries are the easiest to see they appear red. if we had completely translucent skin, our entire body would get redder :p

4. [quote name='"Bdimond105"']Simple really. When you smoke weed your blood pressure drops because your veins dialate. so since your eyes capillaries are the easiest to see they appear red. if we had completely translucent skin, our entire body would get redder :p[/quote]

Lol, no it'd get blue...

5. Well I'm saying someone with high bp may not have visible buldging veins in their eyes when they smoke I.e. myself.

6. why does the sun rise in the morning.

some things are destiny

7. [quote name='"GreyEclipse"']

Lol, no it'd get blue...[/quote]

Your blood isn't really blue, that's a myth haha.

It's your veins that APPEAR blue from the light diffusion. Blood is never blue.

Human blood is red, ranging from bright red when oxygenated to dark red when not.

8. Your eyes get red from Vascular dilation. this thread is from 2009, idk why it was dug up.

9. some of my friends grew out of getting red eyes, but I've been smoking for almost two years consistently and my eyes still get super red.

10. :eek: avatar....

11. your eyes don't get turn red for any of the following reasons. Proof: my eyes get red when I am really stoned but don't get red when i exercise.

12. Yeah.... you smoke something like a proper Sour Diesel - and you get no Red Eye and youre nicely blazed in a creative, social way

• Like Like x 1