Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

My grow is about 5 weeks old. Some questions.

• Please log in to reply

Kanra

Kanra

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
I have 7 plants (white widow from a-dam and some random seeds). They are all about 5 weeks old (germinated at different times). They have been in their cups since their start, under a 20watt fluorescent light 24/0.
I am feeding them miracle grow, as well. They are about to 6 inches or so (i'll take pictures soon I guess).
Do I need to top them? What is the exact point of topping,,? I have a big grow room. is there a need to?
Also, I hear about at 1 foot (2 more weeks or so) i'm going to 12/12 and start blooming them. I know how to determine the sex, but do I figure it out during the start of 12/12?

Thanks!

chiefton8

chiefton8

Boofmaster

• Bronze Member
  • 3,561 posts

Kanra

Kanra

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Actually, they are 3-4 weeks old, my bad. and i'm not sure my lighting specifications are correct, honestly have no idea, it's from a friend who's done it before. The light is about 4 or 5 feet, pretty bright UV. They are real bushy.

Edited by Kanra, 18 April 2009 - 01:41 AM.

Acid Raindrops

Acid Raindrops

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,935 posts
You are gonna need a lot more wattage for 7 plants bro.

Kanra

Kanra

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

You are gonna need a lot more wattage for 7 plants bro.

Like I said, i'm not sure exactly what wattage is... it's a big ass light, i need to find out the correct specif. tommorow and i'll get some pictures up.

snax4daze

snax4daze

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 974 posts

Kanra

Kanra

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Cool, thanks.
2 more questions... there is small brown on one of the plants leaves, but not a lot... should I be worried? Second thing is I had to move 2 of my big plants to a different place for a day, and i dont have any light besides a lightbulb to put them under.

snax4daze

snax4daze

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 974 posts

Kanra

Kanra

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
Okay. I repotted 3 plants into 3 gallon buckets and put them outside to get air. I tried topping one of the plants, not sure if I did it right, I just cut off an inch or two from the top above the 2 nodes (V shape).

chiefton8

chiefton8

Boofmaster

• Bronze Member
  • 3,561 posts

pepito120

pepito120

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wow wow i have the same issue 7 weeks 10 inches maybe he can help us understand what we doing wrong im outdor man lol using 1part ewc 1 part manure/mulch 1 part perlity n some amedmants

Sent from my PC36100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users