Essential Plant Nutrients

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by Vitamin 420, Apr 16, 2009.

1. [quote name="johnnyjane" post="19435880" timestamp="1391105290"]You can even get ph test strips real cheap at Home Depot or any nursery.I just bought another meter from amazon.Its a Blue lab and it does ph,temp,Ec and ppm.Its pretty bad ass.My first meter I bought was from amazon for $20 and it still works after 2 yrs lol. I bought a Hanna pen meter over the summer but had to return it because my readings were all over even after calibration.When I took it back to my local hydro store the owner told me they were having problems with some of them and gave me a new one.Its still works great but it's time I bought a good meter and amazon is the cheapest for them.Good luck and I hope all works out well for you.Sent from my Mansion on Mars.[/quote]I will look around thanks! Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Thanks for the info. I appreciate the time it must have taken you to put this all together.

3. #563 Chraynaus, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Calcium, Sulfur, and Magnesium are not trace elements or micronutrients.
    They are macronutrients. With this in mind it is best to refer to them as "secondary nutrients", to distinguish them.  They are indicators of the quantity of nutrients required in the plants, macronutrients being required in greater quantities PPM and micro in lesser. 

Sources - 

http://soils.wisc.edu/facstaff/barak/soilscience326/macronut.htm
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fertilizer

Side note - Take note that due to misleading nomenclature some would assume that any one nutrient is more important than others, and this is largely not the case. You need a well designed balance of every needed nutrient in order to keep things in order, as many nutrients in excess or otherwise can inhibit the uptake of other nutrients. However, many nutrients, trace elements for example, are easily found in relative abundance to the plant's needs to a degree that allows cursory care-taking on the grower's part and thus fall out of the spotlight.

Happy growing everyone, and great introductory guide.

4. Thanks! This is a great overview of the subject. I figure its better to understand the generic elements before even considering the maze of "nutrient Mixes" etc on the market. 
    I found this master gardeners overview on this subject very helpful for cannabis, even though he is talking about indoor plants in general
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7nVfrPro8Y#t=1546

5. My question is im mixing my nutrients in a 100 gallon res. I use flora nova, floriscious plus, pro tek, roots excel, diamond nectar, flora blend for right now since im vegging. And my nutes are seperating and clouding after 3 days in res.
    I have 3 air disk and one air stone, and 2 recirculating pumps to keep everything in motion.
    After the third day of flooding and draining ky tray it gets all the residue of the nutrients and it stays there and my nute mix gets less and less nutes and starts turning the color of regular water. Its a real pain.
    Ive never had this problem when i used AN but im doing a side by side with my regiment from AN and my friends regiment with GH

the first rule is to not follow the rules given for success

6. You guys ever mix up Fox Farm Ocean Forest with some good water for a day or two as a tea?

Seems like it would work very well.

But...

Need another opinion lol.

Reignâ„¢

Everything seen here is taken from sources online and in No WAY is this real at all. These posts are purely for entertainment value only and hold NO truth.

7. Two questions that totally contradict themselves and I get that... But I just need am answer... That's all. Not a reason why it's bad or wrong lol.

1) I made a Seabird Guano tea (0-12-0) couple days ago. 2oz guano to 1 gallon water. Also 1/2 tsp molasses. How much should I use to feed with? 1 gallon pots. Flower. =)

2) Using a "chemical" nutrient during flowering... Humboldt Bloom.... On a grow that has been nothing but organic up to that point... Will it totally destroy all the living soil? Just curious because I have a big bottle left!! (0-6-5) - 6% P2O5 available phosphate, 5% K2O soluble potash, and 1% magnesium.
    Also derived from phosphoric acid, magnesium phosphate, potassium phosphate, and magnesium carbonate.

The guano has a large percentage of calcium as well. =)

If I use this chem nute at some point, I'll dilute to next to nothing. But. The guano tea... I don't want to burn with it!! Folks on here say it burns easily and I have 2oz/gallon from Roots Organics.... Thinking 4oz every other watering... 1 gallon pot.... Thoughts???

Reigbâ„¢

Everything seen here is taken from sources online and in No WAY is this real at all. These posts are purely for entertainment value only and hold NO truth.

8. You should be fine.The thing that kills all your microbeasties the most is chlorinated water.Other than that you should bd ok as far as I know.Not 100% sure

Sent from my Mansion on Mars.

9. interesting.  how coem i cant make a new thread?  i did just join, is there a time limit before i can make a new post?  i need some advice!!

10. Shouldn't,I started one pretty quick

Sent from my Mansion on Mars.

11. #571 johnnyjane, Jun 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  12. Thanks! This is great!

13. I am super scared right now haha. I've read through almost 15 pages on this topic and well I nothing relating to what I use. I did however notice you can use sulphur? Hmm I'm very new to grass city before grass city about a week ago I was just googling everything. Basically I looked up what I can use for nutrients and many people at least on google use molasses. They also said to go unsulphurisized idk how to spell that haha. Anyways the main reasons I went with molasses was because
    1. Super low on cash
    2. Google info said molasses gives your bud a sticky good taste.

I also use one tablespoon for a gallon of water. I've been spraying my two plants baby plants
    I germinated them and planted them since I've planted them it's been 6 days and they have been growing.
    I also have a fan on low blowing air. Should I not have the fan since they are such baby plants?

14. how do i scheadule my feedings.

15. Someone please help me, my post has no replys and i Need help please

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Thanks for the photos

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. 1, fan is good even if small newbie plants, just not directly on the plant. Enough to rustle the leaves and stems.
    2. stop the molassess since you are on a budget. you are inviting insects and other stuff. if you must do sugars i would recommend the last 3 weeks of flower. if you run into problems you are so close to harvest you can flush and chop without a significant loss.
    3. I hope you started with a good soil, you do not need to worry about nutrients until you get midway into the flower stage. Keep an eye on the plants and get intimate with them, do not be afraid to touch the leaves. See the articles at the bottom: http://www.just4growers.com/stream/plant-nutrition-and-growth-enhancers.aspx
    4. monitor temps and humidity, outside of that good Ph water but that too is not an end all be all.

18. Can you tell me if Miracle grow can do bad things to a healthy plant.  I thought I would help the buds grow and gave a healthy dose of miracle grow to the plant.  The leaves look horrible.  What did I do??

19. I leave this post organic fertilizers
    \tHome 
    \t 
    \t Blog \t 
    \t Post
    \t\t\t<div>\t<div style="margin-left:10px;"> 
    \tSHARE THIS PAGE | 25
    \t
    \t</div>\t</div> 
    \t\tOrganic fertilisers for marijuana plant\t2014-05-30
    \t 
    \t\t\t\tStrong and healthy plants\tThere exist a lot of options in the market to fertilise the plants and enrich the growth and the production of hearts ofmarijuana.
    \t[​IMG]
    \tThe election of the fertilisers for the cultivation of cannabis will depend on a lot of factors. For example: if it is an interior or exterior plant, the kind of seeds that you have bought…
    \t<blockquote>\t“You should have into account that if you cultivate in the exterior, the plants will be in contact with bacterium, plagues and fungi.”
    \t</blockquote>\tNevertheless, the decision that you should take is if you prefer the fertilization of the plant with chemical elements or organic.
    \tWe recommend you a strong engagement with the environment and with your health, then we will talk about organic fertilisers. These are more common for cannabis plants.
    \t\t\t¿Why is it necessary to fertilize the marijuana plants?\tThe first thought of an inexpert marijuana cultivator is that, if you take care of the plant and you give it a good ground, an optimal temperaturesun and water, it should grow in a natural way and produce a reasonable harvest.
    \tHowever, the fertilisers and substrates are necessary in the harvest of the marijuana plant, because they give the necessary minerals to have a healthy growth and an abundant blooming.
    \tIt is true
    \tYou will get plants:
    \t
    • More resistant against insects, fungi or climatic conditions.\t
    • Less distance, which you will get more hearts.\t
    \t\tWhich nutrients does marijuana plant have?\tThe principal alimentation of cannabis plant is nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium NPK. You will need small elements like calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, boron, manganese…
    \t<blockquote>\t“The chain of the needs of a marijuana plant starts with boron (that is the manager to make the plant to release sugar in the substratum. After performs the calcium, nitrogen, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium.”
    \t</blockquote>\tIf one of the connectors of the chain breaks, the plant can suffer some lacks or stress, which will provide negative consequences for the harvest.
    \t\t\tFertilisers according to the growth cycle.\tMainly, there are 3 important vital steps where fertilizers should be used. The fertilizers are normally applied during the watering of the plant.
    \tFertilizer of the ground: an enriched ground will give to the plants a strong base of growth. We recommend youcoconut ground, rich in nutrients and really affordable.
    \tGrowth fertilizer or rooting fertilizer will help with the root growth in its enlargement and thickness.
    \tBlooming fertilizer: during the blooming it is essential to be more productive and healthier. These fertilizers stimulate its immunological system, making them more resistant to the environmental.
    \t\t\tBet for easy\t[​IMG]
    \tIn the net you can find severalhome-loving "recipes to make it for your own coffee tea, banana earthworm humus…
    \tBut, if you don't want to cook and make experiments with yourcannabis harvest, we recommend you the following brands.
    \t\t\tSome kind of fertilizers\t• Fertilizers based on manure or guano: they are really easy to find and they are affordable. They are enriched by other organic nutrients and minerals like bacterium and enzymes. 
    \t• Mineral fertilizers: they are more effective and they generate more production, although they can produce an excess of mineral sales. 
    \t• Biological fertilizers: They are additives elaborated with organic products like seaweeds or natural plant extracts like Bloom of Biobizz.
    \t• Bio-mineral fertilizers: they are the combination of two products, Plagron Alga Bloom and Green Sensation.
    \t• Solid fertilizers: are the suitable to fertilize inert grounds and to improve your harvest grounds like Guanokalong or Power Humus.
    \t\t\tThe experts say\tIn the realized surveys in the net and in the forums of the cultivators of marijuana, we found these star marks of organic fertilizers. According to the opinions , these fertilizers give surprising results.
    \t[​IMG]
    \tFor the rooting
    \t• Piranha
    \t• Tarnatula 
    \t• Vodoo Juice
    \tNutrients for the growth:
    \t• Humboldt
    \t• Iguana Juices Grow 
    \t• Iguana Juices Bloom
    \tProduction enhancer:
    \t• Nirvana 
    \t• Big bud
    \t• Bio-bloom
    \t\t\tFertilizers format:\tYou will find these products in a liquid way and in a 1l bottle. This is the best option to dilute the appropiate proportion during the watering.
    \tWe recommend you to follow the indications showed in the pots. You should respect the use frequency too.
    \t<blockquote>\t“You should have into account, that the fertilizers can have different prices. The medium cost is from 10 to 12€.”
    \t</blockquote>\t
    \t\t\t\t\tComments\t
    \t

20. Had a ? If any body uses or used miracle grow to grow cannabis ? If so what were your results? Weight, smell,taste,aroma??