Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can you chew weed

• Please log in to reply

MEGADEATH88

MEGADEATH88

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Can you chew weed?

kouch

kouch

sofa

• Registered Upgraded
  • 235 posts
why would you want to?

Blutteufel

Blutteufel

Pope of Dope

• Gold Member
  • 6,992 posts

bonglicious

bonglicious

Registered Stoner #1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 593 posts
Yes you can chew weed. No you can not get high from chewing weed. The THC (the chemical that makes you high) needs to be activated. Check the incredible edible herb forum.

tonymon1

tonymon1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,112 posts
Recently someone told me they had to eat 8 grams before and he got real high because of it.

I said I thought it had to be activated with fat or alcohol to get you high. But he didn't so I don't know.

Squishey

Squishey

Not Banned

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,990 posts
Lol, its activated with heat, not fat. The fat absorbs it when its activated ;) so then you can eat the fat.

iTokeat420

iTokeat420

Budtender

• Bronze Member
  • 1,083 posts

chasehx

chasehx

\x00

• Registered Upgraded
  • 205 posts
THC must be decarboxylated with heat. End of story.

oldskoolgrower

oldskoolgrower

ಠ_ಠ

• Old School
  • 30,210 posts
You can get high from eating it but you will waste 90% of the THC. Most of it is in the form of an acid and as the poster above says it needs to lose a carboxyl group in order to be isomerized into the more highly psychoactive form.

You would have to eat ten times as much if it's not burned, heated to the vaporization point, or cooked.

EffAreAyEnKay

EffAreAyEnKay

don't give a fuck.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

You can get high from eating it but you will waste 90% of the THC. Most of it is in the form of an acid and as the poster above says it needs to lose a carboxyl group in order to be isomerized into the more highly psychoactive form.

You would have to eat ten times as much if it's not burned, heated to the vaporization point, or cooked.

agreed...once in the Bahamas I had about a g and a half left, but my mom had found my bowl and trashed it by this point and my flight was hours away, so i just decided "fuck it, i'll eat the trees if i can't smoke em"... In this situation i can at least say i didn't waste the weed by throwing it away...i got a VERY mild body high for a couple of hours but nothing worth substituting smoking for. On the whole unless you have no other recourse (or the cops stop you) don't eat your weed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users