Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

daily/habitual smokers- do you cough up black/grey stuff?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by drewzilla, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I would say seek medical attention asap if the black/grey spit keeps appearing. The only time i have ever coughed out anything other than clear, was when i would take huge rips from the roor, and my spit would be brown, but it would just be for that bong rip. After i would be fine. But for real, seek medical attention if you can before the problem increases and grows.

2. I have coughed up clear mucus, but that is the extent of it. When I use to smoke cigs really heavy sometimes it would be off colored.

3. I hack up mad mucus pretty often, but it aint gray or black... its like light green. But thats from smoking cigarettes.

4. cough. but no black/grey stuff

5. if you smoke blunts you should expect to cough all the bullish that the cigar paper is made from and wraps are probably even worse with all those artificial flavors. a normal healthy body should reject those chemicals and toxins and try to get them out of the body via coughing it up trapped in mucus.

NOT coughing shit up after smoking several blunts a day is a sign the cilia(little bristle like extensions lining your trachea<-- breathing tube) are dead and not doing their function which is to sweep foreign materials up and out of the trachea......so get a vape = good health+ more buds:smoking:

6. I also smoke a lot - probably 3 or 4 times a day if not more. I haven't had this black crap for a while, but I do notice that it comes and goes and I think - as someone metioned earlier - it depends on what you're smoking out of. I smoked a blunt this weekend and I RARELY smoke those. I also did one last week, and I've been fighting sickness. So I think if you get it it's best if you just get it all out. Drinking tea will help because the coughing will make your throat sore and could cause infection/sickness i.e. bronchitis. I'd say this is a semi-normal side effect of the pot smoking (I don't smoke cigs), as in it's not too serious if you take care of it.

Anyone else agree?

7. dude if you burn enough green your bound to spit up black shit. it is just ur lungs trying to filter out all the tar and shit. i been havin this problem with coughin up black shit for almost 10 years. and i only burn... no cigs

8. Smoked basically everyday since 14, never had long term problems with coughing stuff up. However, when I smoke at the same time I'm ill or have a cold, then I get constant phlegm sometimes it's grey it's all nasty and shit. But otherwise when I'm in good health and smoking I have absolutely no problems.

P.S - all joints/spliffs

9. i have had this happen to me, but i smoke cigs also.

10. Only time I start coughing up black phlegm is when I have a cold and I smoke weed.

11. i smoked daily over the summer and never had shit like that happen. i rarely smoke cigarettes though, practically never. i vape now and definitely don't have to worry about shit like that happening :smoke: spitta is chillin

12. every morning i cough out grey shit and sometimes when i blow my nose there is grey shit or sometimes bloody

13. #53 The BlackMamba, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    i have been coughing up black shit for the past 2 years.

sometimes its black almost, other times its greyish brown.
    I try to quit smoking but its just my way of life, i use cannabutter now mostly...

but my doc said my lungs are above average, perfectly fine, me coughing it up is me getting it out, if you smoke with an infection thats when its hard to shake.

but fuck if gets annoying every morning hocking up shit, and waking up the mrs.

Can anybody answer my question?

Whats the deal with lung poisining etc. I feel lots of pains in my lungs which last real short but are sharp and in my lunch/chest area.

My logic tells me, that becuase i have a build up of the tar in my airway its leeching into m bloodstream?????????????? and causing pains? which could lead to bad things?
    if im anywhere on the right path please let me know, any feedback would be great.

PEACE

14. Im gonna send you a PM blackmamba :wave:

15. "beasters" ?????

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. OP is 10 years old.. beasters is a word people use to describe good weed lol.