Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

daily/habitual smokers- do you cough up black/grey stuff?

• Please log in to reply

Poll: do you cough up black / gray stuff? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

do you cough up black / gray stuff?

1. no (185 votes [66.31%])

Percentage of vote: 66.31%

2. yes, occasionaly (51 votes [18.28%])

Percentage of vote: 18.28%

3. yes, daily (43 votes [15.41%])

Percentage of vote: 15.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

drewzilla

drewzilla

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Gold Member
  • 1,084 posts

Edited by drewzilla, 12 April 2009 - 09:54 PM.

giraffe77

giraffe77

Just chilling.

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Well when I started coughing up stuff I went to the doctor
and it turned out that I was sick with Bronchitis. I'd go.
There's not really much to loose out of a visit.

Gumbo

Gumbo

The voice of reason.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,970 posts
I've been smoking daily for a while now and I've never coughed up anything like that.

dr. goo

dr. goo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 110 posts
Nope, never have, that shit sounds pretty disgusting.

MajorStoner

MajorStoner

a friend of Errl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,297 posts
I have done, do, and probably will, occassionally. Sometimes it gets worse if I've been smoking more blunts/chronic/pieces vs usual, which right now is maybe 1-2 times a week, and lately my diet has been about 3-5 grams a day of high mids.

Though I can say lately it hasn't been bad at all and I smoke 90%+ water pieces.

Edit: Oh, and my buddies do A LOT, but they all smoke cigs as well (I smoke like a pack a month).

Edited by MajorStoner, 12 April 2009 - 10:15 PM.

Hilikus

Hilikus

2 x 2 x 2

• Bronze Member
  • 3,306 posts

Mr Swisher

Mr Swisher

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
Last year I went through this phase of buying a 1/2 oz-1 oz of regs every other day and would be high all day just chain smoking bowls of regs. I got smokers cough and coughed up black shit.

My theory is that the bowl I was hitting was so res'd out I was getting a bunch of res in my lungs when I hit it. That or the regs were dirty as fuck and I was coughing that shit out.

Now I clean my pieces and smoke mainly just beasters and above and the problem has not come back. I don't smoke as much as I did but still smoke daily and don't have a cough or cough up black shit.

Rictuar

Rictuar

• Registered Upgraded
  • 138 posts
if i do cough, its usually just normal phlegm...

lwien

lwien

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,907 posts
Get a fucking vaporizer.............NOW !!!

Without your health, you have nothing.

And being that you have many years experience working in healthcare, what in the hell are you doing smoking all those blunts? 5 to 10 blunts a day? Fuck !!

Man, it's one thing when someone is ignorant of the facts. But for someone to know the facts and choose to ignore them ESPECIALLY with the on-going symptoms you have, is purely idiotic.

If you choose to continue to put a known lung irritant (THC) into your lungs, get rid of the smoke and go vapor. But hell, you have all those certifications, so you should know this, right?

Unfucking believable..........

Edited by lwien, 12 April 2009 - 10:48 PM.

drewzilla

drewzilla

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

• Gold Member
  • 1,084 posts

sunshine23

sunshine23

• Registered Upgraded
  • 141 posts
I smoke everyday and cough a lot but thats cause I'm prone to congestion and mucus easily... I've never coughed up black... definitely get that checked out!

NYCdeisel

NYCdeisel

Is in a ny state of mind

• Registered Upgraded
  • 20,481 posts
I smoke daily but I never cough up any shit like that, I think the only time I got a 'smokers cough' it turned out to be broncitis, during which I only vaporized for a few weeks. Also I rarely smoke tobacco(blunts). I would go see a doctor, it definatly couldn't hurt.

sam42012

sam42012

• Registered Upgraded
  • 309 posts
do you smoke mostly regs or dank? because all i smoke is dank ive been doin it for the past 3-4 years never had this. then i have a friend that all he smokes is regs mainly blunts too. he told me this has happened to him a couple times.

NJSourD

NJSourD

Prendelo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 846 posts
I see a lot of people go through this...myself included. There's not much more i can really say about it. It comes down to many years of puffing.

Mr B.

Mr B.

I like dirt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 555 posts
When I smoke ALOT (at least a dub a day for a couple weeks at least), I will cough up nasty shit, but as soon as I stop smoking so much it all goes away. ALL of the other people I regularly smoke with have the same problem, which means we are either giving eachother viruses or it has something to do with smoking so much weed... I am pretty sure it's not cancer though.

SlushPuppie

SlushPuppie

I AM A MOTHERFUCKER

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,016 posts
I do it pretty much daily and while smoking, Its worst in the morning and sometimes like after I eat lunch too.Mostly like greyish shit in with normal colorled phlegm. Idk, I'm not worried about it because it doesnt really interfere with anything and isnt really like terrible.

Edited by SlushPuppie, 12 April 2009 - 11:47 PM.
way too ghihi

NYC Diesel

NYC Diesel

Registered Usee

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,278 posts
thats probably tar from inside your veins. i would consider seeing a doctor because if you let it go without doing anything, i dont what the name of it is but it could lead to heart disease

Kroovy

Kroovy

Xristos

• Registered Upgraded
  • 550 posts
Dude this is normal as hell. I usually smoke cigs only after I smoke weed and I've always attributed the gray shit to the cigs. But either way, it's never hurt me. Especially if you're coughing it up in the morning (after your lungs have regened over the night) or after you rip a bong (agitation of your lungs makes you cough it up). Normal shit man, normal shit.

If I'm lyin', we're both dyin'.

~Kroovy

PennLaxPlayer

PennLaxPlayer

My smile goes for miles.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,455 posts
I smoked weed two years before I started smoking ciggarettes. When I smoked only weed, there was no brown phlem being caughed up. Now that I smoke ciggarettes, I'll cough up some every morning.

Either you're smoking ciggarettes, way too much weed(I smoked about a cut a day back before ciggarettes and till this day), or maybe blunts or joints are doing it. Or you could have a medical issue.

Edit: I think the gunk is the radioactive tar that groups up iny ou're lungs. Then since I'm sleeping(And thus not smoking for 8-12 hours.) my body tries to heal itself by getting that gunk loose(Like what happens after people quit, but on a smaller scale.)

Edited by PennLaxPlayer, 13 April 2009 - 12:43 AM.

MajorStoner

MajorStoner

a friend of Errl

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,297 posts

i don't smoke cigs but many days i'll smoke 5-10 blunts, some days i'll only smoke glass though

I'd cut back on blunts if you're doing that a lot. If you don't smoke cigs inhaling that much tobacco (and other shit in leaves) will seriously irritate your lungs. Since I quit smoking (when they become FSC) I've found blunts much harsher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users