Growing on a boat?

Discussion in 'General' started by HEADD, Apr 12, 2009.

1. I have a wild dream of growing a ton of plants on a boat. Since the probability of an airplane flying directly over your boat while floating randomly in the sea is very unlikely, could I get away with it? I got a free 32 foot boat off Craigslist with plenty of space on deck for at least 15 plants or more, and living quarters underneath. I would build a retractable canopy over the space where the plants would be so in the event of a fly over, I could easily conceal the plants. Also, I would tie a ball and chain to each of the plants, incase LEO plans a raid, I could toss them overboard and they would sink directly to the bottom, never to be seen again. One problem, water. Besides rain, Is there anyway to convert salty sea water into fresh water for me and the plants, or sould I stockpile 5 gallon jugs of the wet stuff?

2. #2 notorious.n8, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  3. you plan on spending 3 months at sea?

4. I always thought it would be pretty sick to live on my own little boat just goin where the current takes me while smokin blunts and deep sea diving all day, add a little fishing to that and it sounds like a pretty good scenario.

5. damn, i dont if even weed can save me from that boredom. fishing is nice, but for a few hours a week.

6. Seems like it could work, but yeah are you planning on just setting sail for a few months to grow some herb? If so, Watch out for pirates