Jbyrds 3200 watt Multi-Strain Perpetual Organic Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by jbyrd, Apr 11, 2009.

1. #1 jbyrd, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    My set up and equipment changes as time goes by, I update my journal with the new equipment when it arrives, what you read in this first post could be completely irrelevant to what I'm doing currently on the last pages. Hopefully as my grow and experience progresses this journal can help some others out.

-------------------------------------------------
    This section between the dashes get's updated from time to time with new changes/additions to the room.

Setup (updated 4-5-10):

Sunlight Supply dual 600watt HPS = 1200watts HPS
    My own organic composted soil.
    Botanicare Nutrients
    6 x 3 Flood Tray
    Multiple Vortex fans and scrubbers.
    4x4 Veg Tent

Strains: Purple Kush, Grand Daddy Purple, LA Confidential, White Widow, Blueberry, Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel

------------------------------------------------------

I was going to grow outdoors and then had a new neighbor move in and an opportunity to trade some of my bubble from last years crop for the lights so these plants spent a little time (6 weeks or so) under CFL's that were not quite strong enough. The ECSD is the two leggy looking plants as they seemed to grow faster than the others under the CFL.

They are on they're 4th week under 1200 HPS, end of the first week of 12/12 flowering in a 6' x 6' area.

I have taken clones (30) off of these and plan to use my space more efficiently on the next cycle, have materials to enclose and ventilate the flower area once this cycle is through. Once that's done the flower room will be 8' x 8'.

Let me know whatcha think!

Peace!

Attached Files:

2. Hey bro!

Just looked through your journal, excellent plants! They are big and bushy, and I bet they like that HPS better than the CFL's. Sucks that ya had to move em indoors, but oh well i guess it's a lot safer than risking them outdoors with new neighbors. :rolleyes:

So were they previously outside, then under 6 weeks CFL then 4 weeks HPS, is that correct? How many plants are there?

Im interested to see them flower because I have some mother plants that are big and bushy and need some opinion about flowering because I have limited space, but I think I'm going to start a thread..

Anyways I'm rambling, keep it up and take more pics!!

3. Hey there :)

They never made it outside for an extended period, I started moving them out for adjustment to natural light and then had to stop. Yes, once they got under the HPS they started poppin big time!

For clarity, they had 6 - 8 weeks under CFL (wasn't paying attention as they we're going to go outside and timing wasn't really an issue, was just waiting for the last frost to pass.

Now they are on the 4th week indoor under HPS, 3 weeks veg to establish them and beef them up from the CFS and take some clones for the next grow. Tomorrow marks teh end of the first week of 12/12 lighting. So, hopefully the pics will start getting more inpressive in the next couple weeks.

There are 9 plants total in there right now. 3 Purple Kush, 2 ECSD and 4 Cherry AK-47.

Glad you like em'!

4. Sweet! So which plants seem to be doing the best, and did you get them from clones or seed?

5. I like to think that they are all doin good :) I think the AK has been kicking ass, the purple kush as well. The ECSD seems leggy, but it was like that last year outdoors as well so not sure.

These we're from clone, I live in CA and have a med card so clones are easy to get, although I'm cloning my own as well. I am also picking up some pollen from Gold Kush XXX and plan on playin' around and trying to come up with some of my own seed stock of something yummy.

6. Nice looking plants... gona be a nice packd room when they are in full flower.

What kind of hood/reflector are you running your 600's in?

7. Yeah, it's going to be totally packed...lol. I can't wait to see it ;). Also, can't wait til next grow so I can make some improvements to the room.

I'll take some pics of the reflectors tonight and add to the thread.

8. Pics of the reflectors and new pics of the plants, now 7 days in to flower, I'm starting to see little white hairs poking out of the tops and gettin all excited. ;)

I think tonight I am going to make the room a little bigger to handle the growth. They are getting huge!

Attached Files:

9. Some new updated pictures. Picture are from last night about 40 minutes after the light cycle began and the start of the 8th day of flowering. I picked up some Panda Film yesterday and started working on a better enclosure for my space. I'm really just trying to get these plants to finish off so I can tighten the room up and make better use of the space.

Room is now 8' long by 78" wide so there's plenty of potential. you can see the Panda Film is attached to the ceiling but draped and taped to the floor for now. I'll be finishing that off soon as well. Little buds are starting to form as well although I'm having a hard time getting close ups!

Attached Files:

10. Hey jbyrd, nice setup and beautiful plants. I'm envious of the amount of space you have. My camera has the same problem, I can not get very good close ups. It does have a macro setting but it only allows me to get a few inches closer. Look around on your camera you may have one also. Hopefully it will help more then mine did.

11. Thanks Bt! I'm fortunate to have the space I do. I could actually take the entire room at 11'x20' if I wanted to just go balls out..lol. But I don't need that much, nor do I want to spend my life in there tending them. :)

Here's new pics from start of day 9 flowering, they are starting to make me drool! LOL

Let me know your thoughts!

Attached Files:

12. Thanks for the advice on the cam as well..lol. I found a better setting or two. Once is Macro underwater (it's an olympus waterproof digital) and Cuisine..lol. I think the Cuisine shots come out the best and technically...they are cuisine cause I'm certainly going to consume them!

13. hahah a cuisine huh. I wish all the five stars served dishes like this... It looks like you have a little forest growing in your home. I would move my bed in there :D Great job jbyrd!

14. LOL.. Wifey wouldn't want to sleep out there, so that option is out!

Here's new pics of day 10 flowering! It's starting to smell more and I'm going to be investing in some sort of odor control method. I'm not sure yet if I'm installing fans and carbon filters or a masking agent. I'm afraid the masking agent would effect the taste/smeel of the buds. Any advice?

Attached Files:

15. Here's a couple pics of they're babies..lol

Attached Files:

16. Thats a great looking room.... I think your best bet is to go with a filter, if you had a plant or two you might be able to cover it up a bit but your past that point :D

17. Yeah, that's what I was thinking...ahh well...what's another couple hundred for freakin fans and filters. BLAH! That and making the hole through the wall and installing the vent. I was think of just dumping the filter air into the attic, it's the easiest route. We'll see how lazy I get..lol.

18. I got my ventilation and filter at plantlightinghydroponics.com... they have some of the best prices that I could find. They also ship and bill stealth as Alladdins Lights so it doesn't look like something from a hydro shop.

19. Day 11 flowering pics, I'm now working on either building a carbon scrubber or purchasing one. Fans are my biggest problem, it's not a solid room, just panda film sectioning off 8x8 so I'm thinking I'll need something large enough to scrub the entire 200sqft room. Yikes! Odor is not such a problem as I'm rural neighbors are not right on top of me, it's teh surprise visitors that worry me..lol. I'm sure I'll figure something out!

Attached Files:

20. your grow area is 8x8? whats the size of the room thats in?