Why is the sky red at night?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by bkadoctaj, Apr 11, 2009.

1. this^

2. that would make sense if it happened every night but it doesn't

3. I can't say why the sky is red at night but I can tell you, I live in the Texas panhandle, USA and me and my girlfriend vacationed in Chorpus Christi, Tx and the sky was red from here to there, north Texas to very south Texas. I can also tell you that that redness has come thru the ceiling of my house and into my bedroom, in fact all rooms in my house, and when I saw it up close it looked to me like tiny red lines very close together and they constantly shifted to make different shapes. I don't think it is pollution or anything like that. I have been studying this for two or three years, when I first noticed it. I believe it is more along the lines of spirit energy or maybe connected to that world noise that was heard last year. Can anyone recall for sure when this first started happening?

4. Because the atmosphere is shaped like a sphere.

When the sun is overhead there is direct refraction.

When the sun us going down the refraction.angle changes and thus so.does the.color

5. Yes it does

6. I am 47 years on this planet. Why did I just start noticing this red sky at night, and most people I know can't even tell or see that it's red?

7. ...Red sky at night sailors delight.

8. It's just light pollution. Since a lot of street lights lights, like in a city or community are an orangy/yellowish color, almost red, it reflects off the clouds at night giving it that dim red color.

9. It's haarp!!

Run for the hills and drink colloidal silver!

/joke

10. I would like to suggest, to whoever, that you drive out to the middle of nowhere like I did and see the red sky at night with no cities around anywhere. I would also like to suggest that at night you turn off all your lights in the house and, anything else that gives off illumination, that you feel comfortable turning off ( I don't like to turn off my clocks), and sit there for a good cool time and pay attention to what happens. Don't be surprised if you see a few different colored light beams come through your solid walls, no windows necessary. Maybe if your real observant you might see "the red city pollution" turn your walls red and then think of the possibilities. I'm going to go now and won't be back so good luck!

11. hahaha please tell me youre trollin

12. Red sky in the morning... Fishermans warning

13. Weird saying. Fishing gets best during intense storms :D

I'd risk a lightning bolt if it meant Id catch my personal best 30 LB largemouth bass!