The GrassCity Gazette

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Infinity, Apr 10, 2009.

1. It explicitly says in the Prop that it doesn't change any DUI laws. Anybody saying otherwise does not know how to read, did not bother to read the Proposition, are boldfaced liars, or are otherwise useless pieces of shit :)

C. Intent
    This Act is intended to limit the application and enforcement of state and local laws relating to possession, transportation, cultivation, consumption and sale of cannabis, including but not limited to the following, whether now existing or adopted in Health and Safety Code sections 11014.5 and 11364.5 [relating to drug paraphernalia]; 11054 [relating to cannabis or tetrahydrocannabinols]; 11357 [relating to possession]; 11358 [relating to cultivation]; 11359 [possession for sale]; 11360 [relating to transportation and sales]; 11366 [relating to maintenance of places]; 11366.5 relating to use of property]; 11370 [relating to punishment]; 11470 [relating to forfeiture; 11479 [relating to seizure and destruction]; 11703 [relating to definitions regarding illegal substances l; 11705 [actions for use of illegal controlled substance l; Vehicle Code sections 23222 and 40000.15 [relating to possession].
    This Act is not intended to affect the application or enforcement of the following state laws relating to public health and safety or protection of children and others: Health and Safety Code sections 11357 [relating to possession on school grounds]; 11361 [relating to minors as amended herein]; 11379.6 [relating to chemical production]; 11532 relating to loitering to commit a crime or acts not authorized by law]; Vehicle Code section 23152 [relating to driving while under the influence]; Penal Code section 272 [relating contributing to the delinquency of a minor]; nor any law prohibiting use of controlled substances in the workplace or by specific persons whose jobs involve public safety.

As the bold shows, it will be just as illegal to drive while intoxicated as it is now. If it's illegal to drive high now, it will be illegal to drive high after 19 passes. Same with the bullshit "think of the children!!!1" argument.

[​IMG]

2. Some can drive fine while high, some can't. Why punish the few for the crimes of the many?

3. this is why i have never understood dui laws. you are punishing someone for the possibility of a crime....sound like "thought police" a bit???

4. #984 Arteezy, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2010
    It's the same thing with speeding. I've gotten pulled over for going 84 mph in a 65. I wasn't driving recklessly. Everyone around me was driving within 10-15 mph of my speed (I was passing in them in the left lane, while they were speeding) and I was obviously in control of my vehicle, yet I received a ticket for $175 and my car insurance went up.

Traffic laws, in general, are a complete waste of time and mainly exist as a revenue generator for the state. The exception to this rule would be during peak hours in places of high volume.

5. Party in Jekyll Island

Job well done guys. Job well done.:rolleyes: