Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

What Are The 5 Types of Weed That Contain The Highest THC Level ...... ?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 'Khris Breezy', Apr 8, 2009.

1. ..... and what is their percentageeee of THC ?? feedback will be greatly appreciateddd ..:D

2. First of all theres no strain that has a huge advantage over another but it mostly depends on how it is grown if the grower does a crappy job excpect shitty weed but if its a master grower than excpect dank.

3. ightt, if they were all to be grown by a master growerr , what would the order be ? like based on research, what are the top 5 types of weed based on THC level ?

4. I looked around and there's too much contradicting information it seems.

5. [quote='Khris Breezy';4347551]ightt, if they were all to be grown by a master growerr , what would the order be ? like based on research, what are the top 5 types of weed based on THC level ?[/quote]

It's not that easy. Even if they were all grown by the same grower, the genetics in one seed might be fucked up and not produce like it should. It's just not that easy to name them :(

6. #6 dryassistance, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Correct me if I am wrong please. My understanding is that the THC % doesnt necessarilly mean it it will get you any "Higher" then the rest. EX: White widow has 15 to 20% thc. Something like LSD supposedly rings in at around 24%. Durban Poison has LOL(3 sites say between) 5 to 10%. All three will fry your azz!!!!!!!! But the THC content in each varies. I think the other relevant chems found in pot such as the ones ive listed below probably are large contributors aswell as THC. The Paste is from Wikipedia.

At least 66 cannabinoids have been isolated from the cannabis plant[4] To the right the main classes of natural cannabinoids are shown. All classes derive from cannabigerol-type compounds and differ mainly in the way this precursor is cyclized.
    Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) are the most prevalent natural cannabinoids and have received the most study. Other common cannabinoids are listed below:

[edit] Tetrahydrocannabinol

Main article: Tetrahydrocannabinol
    Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive component of the plant. Medically, it appears to ease moderate pain (analgetic) and to be neuroprotective. THC has approximately equal affinity for the CB1 and CB2 receptors.[5] Its effects are perceived to be more cerebral.[citation needed]
    delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC, THC) and delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ8-THC), mimic the action of anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced naturally in the body. The THCs produce the high associated with cannabis by binding to the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

[edit] Cannabidiol

Main article: cannabidiol
    Cannabidiol (CBD) is not psychoactive, and was thought to not affect the psychoactivity of THC[6]. However, recent evidence shows that smokers of cannabis with a higher CBD/THC ratio were less likely to experience schizophrenia-like symptoms. [7] This is supported by psychological tests, in which participants experience less intense psychotic effects when intravenous THC was coadministered with CBD (as measured with a PANSS test). [8].}} It has been hypothesised that CBD acts as an allosteric antagonist at the CB1 receptor and thus alters the psychoactive effects of THC.[citation needed]
    Medically, it appears to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea.[9] CBD has a greater affinity for the CB2 receptor than for the CB1 receptor.[9] It is perceived to have more effect on the body.[citation needed]
    CBD shares a precursor with THC and is the main cannabinoid in low-THC Cannabis strains.

[edit] Cannabinol

Main article: cannabinol
    Cannabinol (CBN) is the primary product of THC degradation, and there is usually little of it in a fresh plant. CBN content increases as THC degrades in storage, and with exposure to light and air. It is only mildly psychoactive. Its affinity to the CB2 receptor is higher than for the CB1 receptor.[10]

[edit] Tetrahydrocannabivarin

Main TypesAt least 66 cannabinoids have been isolated from the cannabis plant[4] To the right the main classes of natural cannabinoids are shown. All classes derive from cannabigerol-type compounds and differ mainly in the way this precursor is cyclized.
    Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) are the most prevalent natural cannabinoids and have received the most study. Other common cannabinoids are listed below:

[edit] Tetrahydrocannabinol

Main article: Tetrahydrocannabinol
    Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the primary psychoactive component of the plant. Medically, it appears to ease moderate pain (analgetic) and to be neuroprotective. THC has approximately equal affinity for the CB1 and CB2 receptors.[5] Its effects are perceived to be more cerebral.[citation needed]
    delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC, THC) and delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ8-THC), mimic the action of anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced naturally in the body. The THCs produce the high associated with cannabis by binding to the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the brain.

[edit] Cannabidiol

Main article: cannabidiol
    Cannabidiol (CBD) is not psychoactive, and was thought to not affect the psychoactivity of THC[6]. However, recent evidence shows that smokers of cannabis with a higher CBD/THC ratio were less likely to experience schizophrenia-like symptoms. [7] This is supported by psychological tests, in which participants experience less intense psychotic effects when intravenous THC was coadministered with CBD (as measured with a PANSS test). [8].}} It has been hypothesised that CBD acts as an allosteric antagonist at the CB1 receptor and thus alters the psychoactive effects of THC.[citation needed]
    Medically, it appears to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea.[9] CBD has a greater affinity for the CB2 receptor than for the CB1 receptor.[9] It is perceived to have more effect on the body.[citation needed]
    CBD shares a precursor with THC and is the main cannabinoid in low-THC Cannabis strains.

[edit] Cannabinol

Main article: cannabinol
    Cannabinol (CBN) is the primary product of THC degradation, and there is usually little of it in a fresh plant. CBN content increases as THC degrades in storage, and with exposure to light and air. It is only mildly psychoactive. Its affinity to the CB2 receptor is higher than for the CB1 receptor.[10]

[edit] Tetrahydrocannabivarin

Main article: Tetrahydrocannabivarin
    Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is prevalent in certain South African and Southeast Asian strains of Cannabis. It is an antagonist of THC at CB1 receptors and attenuates the psychoactive effects of THC.[11]

[edit] Cannabichromene

Main article: Cannabichromene

Cannabichromene (CBC) is non-psychoactive and does not affect the psychoactivity of THC [6].article: Tetrahydrocannabivarin

Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is prevalent in certain South African and Southeast Asian strains of Cannabis. It is an antagonist of THC at CB1 receptors and attenuates the psychoactive effects of THC.[11]

[edit] Cannabichromene

Main article: Cannabichromene
    Cannabichromene (CBC) is non-psychoactive and does not affect the psychoactivity of THC [6].

Mad Props to wikipedia!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ^^^LSD doesnt have THC.

8. #8 GM-2X, Apr 8, 2009
    He's referring to the cannabis strain, not the drug.

And BCseeds claims a lot of their new shit is 30% and over with the THC level (Euphoria Bud supposedly has a level of 36%). I remain kind of skeptical until I smoke any of it though. Most of the newer cup winners and high profile strains have around 20-24%.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_cup

That list is a good place to start. Just look up the winners' THC level on a seed site.

9. LOL Dude The LSD Im smoking sure as hell does!!!!!!!!!!!

LSD
    An old Skunk variety crossed with Mazar. – Called LSD by the Farm crew because of its powerful trippy effect. Developed from ancient genetics long established in the Farm seed bank. Crossing Skunk #1 with a potent Mazar we have created a very powerful Indica strain. L.S.D. is a hardy, disease resistant plant that responds well in all grow conditions. With just a little care and attention, the L.S.D. strain will give the grower high yielding award winning powerful results. The flavor is intense earthy chestnut with a sweet musky smell. The LSD produces a euphoric, almost psychedelic experience. It's a super-trippy and very powerful stone, a Barney's Farm special.
    Type: Indica dominant
    Genetics: Skunk #1 X Mazar
    Yield: Optimum indoor. 600 gr/m2
    Indoor Height: 50 – 60 cm
    Indoor flowering time: 60 to 65 days
    Outdoor harvest time: Mid September
    THC: 24%
    CBD: 1.3%

10. Whoops, my bad.

11. That SuperNova strain supposedly. Supposedly its the real "Chronic"..

Also Sour Diesel.

Or just any buds that are trichome infested.

12. THC % of...... what?? :confused: That certainly doesn't mean the bud is 20% THC by weight or volume, what are they measuring, how, etc.?

That said, there is no "type of weed that contains the highest THC level." As others have said, it's entirely dependent upon genetics and the skill of the grower. You can have a noob grow some Widow with dogshit for nutrients and a 10w CFL, and it won't be shit compared to some bagseed grown by someone with the right equipment and know-how. Also depends on what kind of system and many other variables as well.

Bottom line....just get some weed and smoke it :rolleyes:

13. Check out euphoria unlimited and elephant bud from bc
    Claimed 34-36% which is pretty epic
    Its like a grand for 10 seeds or something like that tho

14. #14 Lebowski, Apr 8, 2009
    1. Cannabis Indica
    2. Cannabis Afghanica
    3. Cannabis Kafiristanica

Enjoy.

15. This is the best article I could find to show you that, it all depends on many factors and even then is till up in the air to a certain degree. My advice to you would be, start your choice of strains in the bases of the plants. Sativa or Indica and then go from there. Everybody likes different buzzes and highs so for straight forward list of top strains, the list will change from person to person, with a few exceptions to some dominant strains.
    Anywho heres the article , its an interesting read.
    Cannabis strength / potency - what does it actually mean?

16. as soon as i read that he said lsd, i knew someone would think he meant the drug.

haha but seriously havent u guys heard of people claimin g13 is one of the most potent strains if grown right?
    I would have to at least guess white widow and trainwreck go up there too.

17. why would you name marijuana after the acronym for lysergic acid diethylamide. and not name it like lsd bud or lsd kush or anything related to marijuana? that is like naming a dog turtle and referring to it as my turtle, or "i am going to take turtle for a walk"... it is a false name so the person would think differently upon it. so whoever thought of that is not very clever. just tricking people into thinking their bud is so potent you will trip out.

18. Ummm ok......Its a legit , quality strain dude, with a reasonable THC % listing(not that I put a lot of value into each rating for reasons mentioned in my prior posts). I listed it in my first post along with other strains as examples with a high THC content.

19. lol i named my cat 'dinner' when i was a kid and when it got lost i would go out in the neighbourhood screaming DINNER!! DINNER!!! and all the neighbours were like wtf