Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

dog poop as fertilizer

• Please log in to reply

210pothead

210pothead

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
would dog poop work as good fertlizer for your plant.

cantharis

cantharis

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 6,460 posts
NO. Carnivore poo is not good fert material, and dog poo especially contains dangerous pathogens. You would be better off using your own.

Gardeners have been using the poo of herbivores, horses, cows, rabbits, worms, etc for centuries.

Yes, I do know that some guy claims to be using it - there was a guy on late lamented OG who insisted on using his own poo. But ask the majority of proven growers here what organic ferts they go for. Dog poo isn´t amongst them.

Edited by cantharis, 04 April 2009 - 11:47 PM.

snax4daze

snax4daze

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 974 posts

champloo

champloo

• Registered Upgraded
  • 921 posts
Its probably not terrible for it but not helping it. I would hate for it to influence taste or smell either. Id say just go with some herbivore poo. Theres plenty out there.

snax4daze

snax4daze

Bronze member

• Bronze Member
  • 974 posts

pomangro

pomangro

Butthole Surfing

• Registered Upgraded
  • 856 posts
I blame all these dog poo shenanigans on trainermitch entirely!!
Seems to be working, though, idk
let's just cross our fingers for any dog poo farmers health

get_a-fix

get_a-fix

• Registered Upgraded
  • 104 posts
Fuck me cantharis you are the best. You know everything it seems. A question are you are you still learning or is your thirst for knowledge still thriving? I dont think i would use it and def not my own

Corto Malteze

Corto Malteze

Night grower

• Gold Member
  • 5,891 posts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users