Argument with Mom over Religion (Jesus and Horus)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by psyco panda, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Religion sucks.

/thread

2. what has jesus being an arab got to do with anything? you fucking racist.

3. I have no religion and am not even going to take the time to click on the link...I believe what I believe and that's that....when ya grow up around complete hypocrits, it kinda makes ya a little leary to believe in any type of religion....what I am commenting on is the fact that you are gay and you bitch cause your granny says fags, yet you call Jesus a fag...that just makes no sense to me.

4. Yeah, my mom is a christian. I have no problems with conflicting views, but we will poke fun at each other from time to time.

mom--*talking on the phone* "Yeah, it would be nice to have all of us go to church...but wait, Satchel doesn't believe in god so he wont come!"

Satchel--*all twaked out* "I never said I don't believe in god, I am just saying I have no idea what the fuck is going on...and neither do you or anyone else!"

mom--"I still love you"

Satchel--"Well....I love you more" :D

5. Have your mom read Kissing Hanks Ass. And then tell her your just not ignorant like most of the world is.

6. not that i acknokwledge jesus's divinity but no matter what he has done good, even if he isnt the worlds saviour. dont disrespect him or any religion or religous figure its wrong, just tell ur mom "Mom, I have my beliefs and you have yours, respect mine and I'll respect yours." it worked for me it will likely wok for you. and for all the people who hate gays... grow up, its like it matters what sexual preference someone has.

7. Educate the uneducated in all spheres of knowledge, including religion. Too many stupid people in this world already. +Rep.

8. thats just the kind of ignorance that most HICKS have

i am not gay, but yes i know quite a few ppl who are
    do you question women when you pass a joint with them?
    because their mouth could have been on a dick right before.
    think. you dumbass

9. There is no reason to respect someones religion. It is a stupid idea, I make fun of people with stupid ideas all the time. It isn't the same as race, gender, color, or ethneticity, although it gets grouped with them.

10. Maris you are right. Ideas and opinions need to be criticized, just as foreign or economic policies are. The reason that religion still perpetuates amongst societies is because of this claim that it should be refrained from being discussed in an intellectual manner.

11. #31 fraNkthetaNk_, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    You sound like a huge dick. My mom was the same but i respected the fact that i was living in her house and that i should just go along with it to make her happy. you should try the same.

12. Here are the quotes and the books to back them up. PASS IT ON !!!!!

" The works of art, the ideas,the expressions and the Heresies of the first four centuries of the Christian era cannot be well studied without a right comprehension of the nature and influence of the Horus myth"
    William Cooper, The Horus myth in its relation to Christianity, p.49-50

Go find the Egyptian book of the dead by Budge and turn to the chapter called " The Legend of Osiris ",
    That first paragraph will be very enlightening.
    He names a source for a small fraction of his material which you may find interesting.

The chief features of the Egyptian religion remained unchanged from the Vth and VIth dynasties down to the period when the Egyptians embraced Christianity, after the preaching of St. Mark the Apostle in Alexandria, A.D. 69, so firmly had the early beliefs taken possession of the Egyptian mind; and the Christians in Egypt, or Copts : Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket , as they are commonly called, the racial descendants of the ancient Egyptians, seem never to have succeeded in divesting themselves of the superstitious and weird mythological conceptions which they inherited from their heathen ancestors. It is not necessary here to repeat the proofs, of this fact which M. Amélineau has brought together,[1] or to adduce evidence from the lives of the saints, martyrs and ascetics; but it is of interest to note in passing that the translators of the New Testament into Coptic rendered the Greek {Greek a!'dhs} by ###, amenti, the name which the ancient Egyptians gave to the abode of man after death,[3] and that the Copts peopled it with beings whose prototypes are found on the ancient monuments.
    Le Christianisme ches les anciens Coptes, in Revue des Religions,t.xiv.,Paris,1886,p.308-345

Another thing, William cooper at the top of the page, is a Christian

The Egyptian book of the Dead ,Budge, "The Legend of Osiris" Dover press, "the Dover edition first published in 1967, Is an unabridged republication of the work originally published in 1895 by order of the trustees of the British Museum". Here is the first paragraph.
    The Legend Of Osiris.[/QUOTE]

The Legend Of Osiris.[/QUOTE]The Legend Of Osiris.[/QUOTE]

* Horus was born on "December 25th" (winter solstice) in a manger.The festival of Osiris is celebrated in the Egyptian month of Koiak from the 12th to the 30th. This is related to the death burial and resurrection.
    It is the winter solstice.
    Christian COPTS use a calendar based on the ancient Egyptian solar calender...but with LEAP YEARS.
    KOIAK 29 is December 25th or 26th on the JULIAN Calendar.
    Calendrical Calculation, Cambridge University press,London
    2007 p.73-77

* He was of royal descent, and his mother was the "virgin Isis-Mery."
    (Isis ,like the goddess Neith of Sais was declared to possess
    PERPETUAL VIRGINITY "
    Dr. E.A. Wallis Budge , Keeper of Assyrian and Egyptian antiquities
    of the British museum.He wrote this quote in his book "The Gods of Egypt"

"Isis , the mother of Horus as known by the title , Mother of god, Immaculate VIRGIN..." William Williamson, The great law, a study of religious origins page 26

" The Egyptian goddess who was equally the GREAT VIRGIN and mother of god was the object of the very same praise bestowed upon her successor , Mary, the virgin mother of Jesus. "
    Dr. R.E.Witt, Isis in the ancient world page 273

" Virgin Isis worship was trasferred to the virgin Mary by the Collyridions and Marians before the council of Nicea "
    Egytian Belief and Modern thought by James Bonwick p. 147

* Horus's birth was announced by a star in the East and attended by three "wise men."

* At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized.
    found on papyrus DCIV
    'When Si-Osiris was 12 years old he was wiser than the wisest of the scribes" Folk-lore, p.498

12/30 represents the 12 signs of the zodiac and the 30 days in 12 months.
    Heroditus, George Rawlinson 1862 p.3-4.[/QUOTE]

* Horus was baptized by "Anup the Baptizer," who was decapitated.
    ANUBIS ALSO SHARES WITH HORUS THE ROLE OF PURIFIER/BAPTIZER
    ANCIENT EGYPTIAN PYRAMID TEXTS,RAYMOND FAULKNER ,1973 P.152

* The Egyptian god had 12 companions, helpers or disciples.
    http://www.stellarhousepublish...om/clip_image001.png

* Horus performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised Osiris from the dead.
    * The god walked on water.

* Horus was "crucified" between two "thieves."
    (Mark did not know that thieves were never crucified in Judea " historically this never occurred .
    Illuminate of Gorlitz or Jakob Bohme's Life and Philosophy,Part 3,Kessinger 2003 by H. Vetterling

" In the Zodiac of Denderah,Just where Horus is on the cross, or at the crossing of the vernal equinox,these two thieves, Sut-Anup and Aan are depicted one on either side of the Luni solar god. These two mythical originals have been continued and humanised as the two thieves in the gospel version of the crucifixion ) Gerald Massey , Ancient Egypt , Light of the world.

* He (or Osiris) was buried for three days in a tomb and resurrected.
    (...the solemn morning for the god Osiris was 3 days and 3 nights in the waters before he was restored to life again "The American Journal of Theology ( XX, 5 )

* Horus/Osiris was also the "Way, the Truth, the Life," "Messiah," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God," the "Word made flesh," the "Word of Truth," etc.(Horus/Osiris was also the "Way, the Truth, the Life," "Messiah," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd.
    Horus's ' Good Shepard role is made clear in the Pyramid Texts (PT) 690:2106a-b/N 524.
    In Book of the Dead appears a long " List of the forms and shrines of Osiris " with over 140 epithets for the god,including " Protector" or " SHEPARD "- Asar-saa.
    The book of the dead ,Thomas allen 1974 118-119 )

* Horus's personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of the Father. He was called "Holy Child," as well as "the Anointed One," while Osiris was the KRST.
    * Horus battled with the "evil one," Set/Seth.
    Horus was to reign for one thousand years.

Horus enthroned before the Twelve,
    Seventh Hour of the Amduat.
    (Erik Hornung, The Ancient Egyptian Books of the Afterlife, 48)[/QUOTE]

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
    found on papyrus DCIV
    'When Si-Osiris was 12 years old he was wiser than the wisest of the scribes" Folk-lore, p.498

12/30 represents the 12 signs of the zodiac and the 30 days in 12 months.
    Heroditus, George Rawlinson 1862 p.3-4.[/QUOTE]

AS TO THE DUODECAD,IT IS INDICATED BY THE ZODIACAL CIRCLE,AS IT IS CALLED ; FOR THEY AFFIRM THAT THE 12 SIGNS DO MOSTLY MANIFESTLY SHADOW FORTH THE DUODECAD, THE DAUGHTER OF ANTHROPIS AND ECCLESIA. AND SINCE THE HIGHEST HEAVEN , BEATING UPON THE VERY SPHERE OF THE SEVENTH HEAVEN,.... SO THAT IT COMPLETES A CYCLE FROM SIGN TO SIGN IN 30 YEARS, - THEY SAY THAT THIS IS AN IMAGE OF HORUS, ENCIRCLING THEIR 30 NAMED MOTHER.

ANTE-NICENE FATHERS ALEXANDER ROBERTS VOLUME I P.342

As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be any opposing principles. Wallis Budge Quoted as saying " The Egyptian faith in Horus is completed in Christianity ".
    In his book "Egyptian Ideas of the Future Life" page 48, He says "In Osiris the christian Egyptians found the prototype of Christ, and in the pictures and statues of Isis suckling her son Horus , they perceived the prototype of the virgin Mary and her child. Never did Christianity find elsewhere in the world a people whose minds were so thoroughly well prepared to receive its doctrines as the Egyptians."

In Ancient christian magic By Dr. M. Myers a professor of religious studies at Chapman college and Dr. R. Smith a Professor at Claremount graduate school, the authors report on a CRUCIFIX in the coptic Museum in Old Cairo " with the CRUCIFIED figure of Jesus together with a falcon ( HORUS ).This artifact demonstrates that identifying Horus with Jesus occured even in antiquity.
    M.Meyer A.C.M. P.363[/QUOTE]

Dr. E.A. Wallis Budge ,The Gods of Egypt ( I,xv-xvi)
    At the last,when Osiris's cult disappeared before the religion of the man Christ,the Egyptians who embraced Christianity found that the moral system of the old cult and that of the new religion WERE SO SIMILAR, and the promises of resurrection and immortality in each so much alike , that they transferred their allegiance from Osiris to Jesus of nazareth , without difficulty. Moreover ,

ISIS AND THE CHILD HORUS WERE STRAIGHTWAY IDENTIFIED WITH MARY THE VIRGIN AND HER SON.

and in the apocryphal literature of the first few centuries which followed the evangelization of Egypt,several of the legends about Isis and sorrowful wanderings were made to center around the mother of Christ.
    Certain of the attributes of the sister goddesses of Isis were also ascribed to her, and like the goddess Neith of Sais, she was declared to possess perpetual virginity,
    Certain of the Egyptian christian fathers gave to the virgin the title "THEOTOKOS", or "mother of god", FORGETTING, APPARENTLY,THAT IS WAS AN EXACT TRANSLATION OF NETER MUT, A VERY OLD AND COMMON TITLE OF ISIS.[/QUOTE]

Horus/Osiris was also the "Way, the Truth, the Life,"
    Wallis budge , Egyptian book of the dead, p.345 and go down to number 22 on the page...." Lord of right and truth".

"Messiah,
    Faulkner,Ancient egyptian coffin text,vol. I p.133
    ..."Savior God",
    Osiris is anointed with oil,
    Mercer,Samuel, The pyramid text p.238

" the "Son of Man,..IUSA , the coming son
    tranlated by Budge ,p.227 and p.68 ,egyptian literature

" the "Good Shepherd," the "Lamb of God,
    "The concept of the good sheperd.. shifted the idea of kingship" wilson ,john,The culture of ancient Egypt p.120 .
    lundy,John, Monumental Christianity ,p.403 .

" the "Word of Truth,Word made flesh
    Budge p.349 "Fetish to god in ancient egypt"

" etc.(Horus/Osiris was also the "Way, the Truth, the Life," "Messiah," the "Son of Man," the "Good Shepherd.
    Horus's ' Good Shepard role is made clear in the Pyramid Texts (PT) 690:2106a-b/N 524.
    In Book of the Dead appears a long " List of the forms and shrines of Osiris " with over 140 epithets for the god,including " Protector" or " SHEPARD "- Asar-saa.
    The book of the dead ,Thomas allen 1974 118-119 )

13. all that shit in the above post has been debunked. look up "zeitgist debunked" on youtube for further info

14. I love how you start a thread, show no respect for other people's beliefs and then expect us to feel sorry for you and have the balls to call other people ignorant? Congradulations you my friend are a moron.

15. Your opinion is stupid.

16. Really? Look to YouTube as a credible source for debunking anything? I'm sure your "zeitgEist debunked" video can be found alongside the videos that demonstrate how the LHC is going to kill us all, how the Mayan doomsday is accurate, and people that think God spoke to them directly and told them to spread warnings about doomsday.

When a guy uses quotes from legitimate books and backs them up with links to refute an argument don't come at him with "That's bullshit, look at YouTube" as a reply, because YouTube is, by and large, not a credible source. It's just bad form, and you're capable of much more than that.

To the OP: You want your mom/grandma/whoever to respect your beliefs, try respecting their's first. It's called tolerance. Act like a fucking adult.

17. #37 GalenH, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Fuck This.

If your mother is attempting to push her religious beliefs on you, you have every right to express yourself. You are at least 18 (being on this forum...) and have every right to your own beliefs, or lack thereof. Religion is something that can bring comfort to some, but that usually comes hand-in-hand with prejudice and attempting to force the belief on others. For instance, if your mother said "You're going to hell" to a child, could you imagine the psychological damage that would do to them? And could still do? It's not right, you've got my support. Read this and check out the video below: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0618918248/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240088379&sr=8-1]The God Delusion[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o"]YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bullshit.[/ame]

18. Religion is truly the incarnation of everything that is bad in man.

Faith (in all it's form) is the exact opposite.

Elend.

19. In my personal opinion..

we shouldn't make religion such a god damn fucking controversy. Whether it's true or not, whether you think it's true or not.. just live your life. Make friends, travel the world, and live it up. There's better things to do than waste your time arguing about two subjects, when both of them are probably false anyways. It's all in the past, worry about the future. I guess people strive for arguing about stupid shit.

that's my two cents.

20. Those thoughts are worth much more than two cents. +Rep