Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Activated Charcoal Pills

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ZerK, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Since activated charcoal is used to remove toxins from the body such as poison, could it be used to remove marijuana metabolites? If so does anyone know how long it would take so I can be under the ng/ml for a piss test?

2. I am not sure of this, but I would try specific or recommended detox pills. Also, as you probably know, the best detox is a t-break.

3. #3 ZerK, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009
    Whats a t-break? and also with detox pills, I'm looking for something that will remove all the THC from my body. I don't want something that will only give me a "clear window" time of 5 hours. I know the only thing that works is time but is there anything that will speed up the process? I'm currently drinking water/cranberry juice, and taking niacin, and I'm gonna go to the GNC and pick up some green tea extract pills. I think my test is around April 20th so will i have enough time?

will this work?http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2272408

4. A t-break is a tolerance break. Just a general term used for someone who is taking a break from Marijuana. If you need to be clean, the best method is to stop smoking. And there a few good detox pills on the market, check in with your local nutrient store like GNC.

5. what kind of test are you going to take.

if you stop smoking from now until the test, there is a good chance some THC will be naturally out of your system.

I would be careful with niacin and some of those other things because if you're taking a top grade test, they will often be able to detect if you are flushing.

6. I'm getting a job at a hospital so it's probably a good test. Although, I have a friend that works there and he said that they prefer a blood test, which would be better, I think.But it could possibly be a urine test. Also I have stopped smoking since Monday, so i have 20 days until the test. How soon should I stop flushing with Niacin and other detox substances? Also I have to exercise very vigorously now.

7. #7 sikander, Apr 2, 2009
    I don't think it will do anything. THC residues remain all over your body, whereas activated carbon isn't really used by your body. If you take activated charcoal all it does is bind to acute toxins (like arsenic) in your GI tract to prevent your body from interacting with them. They're still there, they're just harmless and will pass through you like any other inedible.

IIRC the way THC metabolites work is they build up in your body fat and are excreted over time via the urinary tract. Since you don't excrete solid waste via the urinary tract the activated charcoal would never come into contact with any metabolites and therefore wouldn't do shit.

And even if it did, it wouldn't take care of the source of the metabolites, which is your body fat. At best, you would be clean for a few hours.

Stop smoking, drink water before the test and hope for the best.

EDIT: Be careful with the Niacin. If you overdo it can cause all kinds of problems.

8. #8 ZerK, Apr 2, 2009
    thanks for the clarification also i take between 1-2 500mg of niacin a day is that too much?

9. I'm not really qualified to say what a safe dose of niacin is, but here are some warnings just in case you happen to have one of these conditions or begin experiencing bad side-effects. People tend to recommend niacin freely when it's really a very tricky thing to get right. I think if you're taking not more than a gram a day (1,000 milligrams) you should be alright.

http://www.drugs.com/niacin.html

Your friendly neighborhood Wikipedia entry may also have useful information.

10. if u have 20 days , u could clean urself with natural methods (i guess)
    but first tell us , how much do u smoke , and for how long have u been smoking

11. I usually smoke a bowl 5 out of 7 days a week on average using my erbo and I've smoked for a year? but not consistently until recently id say within the last 3-4 weeks. I'm 6 foot and about 180lbs.

12. I thought activated charcoal is what you're supposed to take when you ingest a poisonous substance...

im pretty sure it just makes you throw up a bunch

13. Activated charcoal is a great purifier. Activated charcoal will help to filter the harmful constituents of smoke.