Dark green leaf tips curling down (ram's horn)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by steviebrutal, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Hey all -- well here's the rundown of my setup per the sticky:

What type of medium: Soil
    What brand and type of soil? Fox Farms Ocean Forest
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? White Widow
    How old are the plants? Week 7 Flowering - Day 1 (4 weeks veg)
    What type of lights and how many watts? 250w Eye Hortilux HPS (enhanced spectrum)
    How far from the lights? 10" from top of canopy
    What, how much and when was it fed? Last feeding was 2 days ago, ph-tested spring water (6.5)
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? What would be the best way to test run off -- after flush?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 65 deg F, 45-55% humidity
    What size pots? 2 gallon
    Any bugs? Look real close. No, cabinet is very well contained
    Any other pertinent info? Normal feedings with nutes only use the FFOF concentrate trio, molasses, and Beastie Bloomz

Any ideas what could be causing the leaf curling in my plants? My first thought was nitrogen overdose, but after 7 days of just ph-tested spring water -- the curl has not subsided. I considered heat as well, but my 3rd plant is just fine -- the last 4 pics I included is the 3rd healthy plant, the first 4 are the 2 curling plants.

Not sure what other info to include here.

If you think its an issue that I took these with my HPS on, just let me know and I will retake some shots with a CFL or something (leaves are in fact dark green - not yellow as with the HPS on).

Thanks in advance for any guidance GC!

Attached Files:

2. too cold, try about 70-75 range if you can get it and hold it.

3. I have same problem but i am maintaining temp 0f 70 - 78 give or take due to weather change atm anyother ideas?

4. looks like what my plant did with over watering... but i'm a begginer as well... wish i could be more help

5. There a pain In the ass! I have two strains growing and the widow has been a pain since day one

6. Nah you are probly right man put ur finger in the soil a few inches if it comes out wet you need to quit watering so often and you can sometimes smell the soil getting soggy...Underwatering can show the same symptoms as overwatering a lot of times to tho so if your soil is dry and hard then you may wana start watering a lil more.

7. thanx ganj! i don't know what i would have done without gc!:hello:

8. anytime brother

9. Looks like slight fert burn. Kick back the nutes a little bit. 65 degerees is fine. Its lower than 59-55 where trouble begins.

10. When the leaves curl down, its a sign of overfeeding. The dark green leaf tips are another sign, too much nitrogen. Flush the plants well, let them dry out and start back with nutes at 1/4 or 1/3 strength. Give them about a week to recover before adding your nutes.

11. Right on Tex, you beat me to it

12. WTF! today i came home and in 7 hours i had one branch completely wilt! does anyone know what the hell could make that happen?

13. If only one branch wilted my guess is it broke somewhere... you know, snapped...

14. that's what i thought... it was a heavy branch i'm just hopeing it's not a root problem... thanx... it has been looking good since then so hopefully it's nothing progressive...

15. Hey have u got some bamboo steaks if not go to home depot and get some it will help ease the wieght preventing them from breaking. But gl she's beautiful.;)

16. thanks i got it under controll and she's budding nicely i'm posting more pics right now:hello: