Pocket knife

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Blix, Apr 1, 2009.

1. I carry a Husky razor blade knife or some call it a utility knife with a serrate blade and on my belt i carry a Leatherman Weave, my girlfriend got it for me and its engraved with "Yours Forever.....Love Chole" its very special to me

2. [​IMG]

pretty much that but blue. mostly used for breaking down blunts. carry it everywhere.

3. You win the thread. Not many people know Reeve knives. I have always wanted a Sebenza but can't afford one right now. Maybe some day........

4. i have decided that a large 21 with micarta is goign to be my next knife purchase.

that or an unum.

whichever one i get, it wont be for a while though.

5. Ahhhh. Great choice.:D

6. why do you all carry these around besides protection? I mean it could have practical usage but I couldnt see the benefit from carrying it around all the time unless you had a job that specifically needed it...

7. to split dutches, of course :p

8. To be honest, I've never thought as a pocket knife as a form of protection. I've just always carried one as a tool since I was ten. My grandfather and father always taught me to keep my pocket knife clean, sharp, and to respect that it can hurt you if not used properly. I use a pocket knife numerous times a day. It's just second nature to have one in my pocket. It's amazing how many people come to you asking for a knife once they find out you always carry one.

9. i use it a lot and people sometimes need one and ill be the one with it. mines mostly used to gutting gars for blunts tho. and if the time comes it will be used for protection if need be.

10. I used to have something about like this:

[​IMG]

But anymore I carry something like this:

[​IMG]

But its blue and alot more practical if SHTF.

SHTF you say:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYxvVe9y5NQ"]YouTube - Shit hitting fan[/ame]

11. just picked up this bad boy today for $35
    [​IMG]

it's a kershaw ken onion stone washed grip, auto-assist open

was a great purchase.

12. I want.

[​IMG]

13. kershaw blur designed by ken onion, 14c28n sandvik steel, a kershaw exclusive if its made after january 09, 13c26n if it was made prior to january 09 and after july 07.

i have two of these model, one in s30v steel, and one in s60v, both plain edge.

14. I saw the above pictured Swiss Army Knife and decided I had to have one, but this
    weekend I did some research and found a similar one that I like better.

[​IMG]

It's called the One Handed Trekker NS

No rubberized handle and no serrations. Much easier to pull out of my pocket, and
    much easier to sharpen.

15. I got that knife the Joker has in the Dark Knight. It's this switchblade that shoots straight out. I think it's pretty cool.

16. I always carry my Gerber Presto 3.0 Serrated Edge Knife, very useful.

In my bag I always have a Leatherman of some sort. I use that daily, but it is too damn heavy to haul around in my pocket.

17. I've got nicer blades for hiking/etc. but for everyday carrying this little $10 knockoff does the job. It's been better than expected so far though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Eh I don't really have a great knife, just a decent pocket knife with a four in. blade, though I usully have a stainless steel black pair of brass knuckels in my back pocket