Pocket knife

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Blix, Apr 1, 2009.

1. I'm a baddy and carry around a butterfly knife, I've also got a knife that folds into a card that fits into your wallet.

2. I am also partial to balisongs. But I live in Canada so its hard to get good ones. I got some aluminum bar and am tinking of building one this summer as i have an extra blade. My EDC is a Mora companion. I like how reliable they are and they're cheap so doesn't matter if i lose it.
    If I'm going into the bush (or at harvest time) I carry a kabar famine I got for my birthday a while back. One swing and the tree is harvested.

3. Been tempted to get one of these for a while, what do you think?

I carry this daily at the moment due to the laws here in the UK, any knife you carry has to be non-locking with a blade under 3" unless you have "good reason" like work etc.

4. This. Unless I'm dressed up. Then I have an Opinel #9, because its fucking classy.

Attached Files:

5. I've had this winchester for years now and have been carrying it lately again. Just gave it a good sharpening with my steel and homemade leather strop on a sick.

Attached Files:

I am pretty excited to have one. Fighting wise one of the best small blades, well probably the best i've ever seen or used. That's the main reason i even carry a knife. Watched alot of pacific island and eastern asian martial arts that use the karambit and i'm kind of in love.

7. Its definatly a cool form of fighting. The crossovers were definatly the hardest to master. Good luck and definatly post a pic. I love karambits

8. I used to carry a pocket knife. Then a cop buried the muzzle of his assault rifle into my back.

So that was fun.

9. SOG and Gerber. Not too expensive but very reliable

Attached Files:

10. #472 Deleted member 42976, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
     Smith & Wesson MP Tactical knife was my EDC for a good couple of years.
    But that will all be changing as soon as my Spyderco Manix 2 XL shows up.
    i've literally never had that happen. if they ask if they can search you and if you have anything on you thats when you tell them where it's clipped and they will just go for it and examine it and give it back once they're done with you. only time a cop shoved a gun in my face is when i was in a truck with some idiot kid who decided to try to run.

nice. I have been looking into getting a custom benchmade for awhile now. still undecided on what colors and picture I'd want on the blade. or if I'd want a griptilian or the other one (they only offer two styles for custom stuff). and not about to order until I come up with something clever/funny/badass enough to justify the $130 or so minimum price tag to get it customized though. 

everyday carry is a Spyderco Tenacious. for $35 I don't think you can beat it. big enough to be used for just about anything, small enough to still fit in your pocket. I've grown to much prefer the thumb-hole to other methods too

I could get a full collection from benchmade if i had the money. Awesome balisongs especially.

13. My EDC is the leatherman charge and this dinky bear Grylls scout knife. Don't judge I goddamn hate bear grylls. I won these knives in a set

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427618967.511621.jpg

[​IMG]

14. Sorry for double post

Picked up this bad boy today
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427619095.555685.jpg

[​IMG]

15. #477 sleepingblade, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    [​IMG]

I dunno why I have so many knives, i have a bunch of chef knives as well, but they don't pocket too well!

I carry this one daily for work, i polished the edge to 10 degrees and convex slightly at 12 or 13 degrees. Glides through anything but hard plastic, i have a different blade for plastics, usually coarse edge at about 15 to 20 degrees.
    [​IMG]

16. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1430333572.389027.jpg

I picked up the top one today; Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear point. It's replacing my Gerber Bear Grylls scout knife as my EDC.

It's very grippy, feels great in my hand. Very solid, pretty sure it can withstand anything thrown at it.

[​IMG]

17. #479 Deleted member 42976, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    I just got a Benchmade 710 the other day. I also have a Spyderco Manix 2 XL.
    Both are really great companies.
    cold steel makes pretty legit knives. i was debating getting one of their fixed blades but i might get the Knives of Alaska Bush Camp knife instead.[​IMG]

18. Don't get benchmades... very overpriced for what they are.
    Spyderco is very good for the price.

If you visit a knife forum, only cops like benchmade knives.

Spyderco has better fit and finish, tighter and better pivots, and better priced, forgot to mention better steels too.
    And American made, though they do outsource to Taiwan and seki japa, both of high quality standards.