Pocket knife

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Blix, Apr 1, 2009.

1. What's your daily carry workhorse? I found a Swiss Army knife on the street
    this afternoon and decided to carry it all the time. I was planning to get a
    decent knife anyway. This just made it easy. And cheap.

2. Go to amazon and look up 'SOG Twitch 2' Itr was on sale for $20-30 bucks a while back. I've been a kinfe collector for decades & in the pcket knife wold this is a great all around knife. It's got a small 2'ish spring assisted blade, single thumb/hand open close.

Benchmade makes a superior poduct as well. You'll do well with anything they make. I LOVE the Osbourne series blades. I caried it for YEARS until some piece of ahit ripped me off. The SOG was it's replacement. Thought of getting a 'better' knife, but this little fucke has taken all of the shit i've put it through.

3. I like my Kershaw, assisted-open with optional serration. It is nice and slim, even with the belt clip that I reversed. The assisted-open feature is great and makes it easy to do with one hand. Mine is carbon-black and cost about $60. I have had it sharpened three times in about two years. Still in great condition. This reminds me tho, I got some sand in it last week and need to get it oiled.

4. I used to carry this pretty sweet switchblade on me

5. carry a jaguar 3 in. serreated blade...

6. Same you Blix i have problem about when i want used knife for workhorse,camping,Adventure

if who can Explain in type of knife
    help me ^^

7. Personal favorite is something like This

8. i just have a 3incher that i pretty much only use to cut blunts w/

9. i want know about your attitude about What's your daily carry workhorse too
    thank

10. That looks like a pretty sweet knife!

11. i bought a gerber ar 3.5, combo blade -half straight half serrated, i could cut down trees with that sucker as well as make sandwiches. it dulled down and i wanted something smaller so i picked up the gerber ar 3.0 w/ just a straight blade. amazing knife, great for any purpose ya can think of. GerberGear

12. #13 Highbinder, May 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
    Simplicity at its best..

[​IMG]

Always more of a wood fan, altho I'd love something like this:

http://heinnie.com/okmpaY1506023/Knives/Mcusta/Mcusta-Gentlemens-Series-Folder/p-92-171-1503/

I'd grude paying quite that much for a knife.

I really want to get a folding tanto semi serrated blade, but I cant find ANY with a wooden handle.

Problem over here is self/locking knives, knives that open 'under gravity' (ie butterfly knives or auto) and anything with a blade over 3" is illegal, hence me carrying a more civi style knife. Not that I've ever been searched..

13. I've got a SW SWAT large. It's 440C stainless so it keeps an alright edge (I usually sharpen a couple times a week) and its cheap enough that I don't care if I lose it.

[​IMG]

For other uses I also keep a Mora Clipper:

[​IMG]

And for really heavy duty shit, I have a Gerber Survival knife (LMF II)

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

its a KA-BAR K-2. made by the same company that makes the USMC combat knives.

15. Cold Steel Recon 1
    [​IMG]
    Mine is the one on the far right

16. Gerber.

Like this, except mine is spring loaded. I fucking LOVE it. It never leaves my side.

[​IMG]

17. Kershaws all the way.

i have two blurs, a leek, an od-1 a zing a ram and i also have a spyderco native in s30v.

18. i got this sick gerber auto assist FO FREE and i have a machete