How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 2 a day workout on my off day and I like it so I will be doing it more often.

Am workout (6:00-7:30)

Warm up: 10 mins jump rope

5 sets of 5 exercises:
    Pull ups
    Dips
    Chin ups
    Parallel pull ups

5 sets of 10 exercises:
    Australian pull ups
    Australian chin ups

5 sets of 15 exercises:
    Push ups
    Squats
    Calf raises
    Lunges
    Back extensions

Smoke break for 8-10 hrs

Pm workout (6-7:30)

Warm up: 10 mins of sprinting

3 sets of 5 exercises:
    Pull ups
    Chin ups
    Dips
    Parallel pull ups

3 sets of 10 exercises:
    Australian pull ups
    Australian chin ups

3 sets of 15 exercises:
    Squats
    Lunges
    Calf raises

2. I swam 15 laps in a 25 foot pool.

😀

3. 4 mile run

Fish , chips , cup of fuckin tea , Mary fuckin poppins

4. Rings workout and calisthenics at 4:30 am. I feel alive while being stoned lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. + 30 minutes of jogging
    + push-ups

6. Part 2 of workout at 10:30 am at a park ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408811099.524827.jpg

Sprints
    Calisthenics
    Bars workout

7. #6227 fancypantsdawg, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    while it wasn't today, im still posting this up here because i actually followed through with it and dammit im proud (that and i feel this isnt really PYT material).....i ended up going to this aerial silks class about a week ago that my (chick) friend challenged me with. some GC folks supported the idea as well and fuck it, i figured why not try it...  so I went! I actually went on my birthday. surprisingly enough, I was not<em> </em>the only guy. I'm fairly sure I was the only straight guy lol but still, definitely surprising. those dudes were fucking jacked too, and aerial silks kicked my ass. way harder to do than it seems. dont think im going back cause it's in miami beach and the parking can suck my dick but still a dope experience, do recommend for anyone that's up for a challenge

in b4 pics or didnt happen. check out that grace, man

[​IMG]

also the girls.....hnnnnnnnnnng

workout for today: nothing because ive got big time t rex arms effect from yesterday and am gonna decompress for the day and hit the gym again tomorrow. or later. maybe. ok probably later but idk

8. Friday. Heavy set on upper body and chest. Light on legs. Saturday. Heavy set on legs. Light set in upper. And some cardio.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

9. Jogged for a while down alongside the river then went for a swim because it's so hot out. Damn it's already getting cold here in the mornings, only a few more weeks to enjoy the weather amongst busy fall school time.

Tomorrow morning is leg day aughhh

10. Walked my dog the usual 5 miles

11. Calisthenics workout at the park.

Pullups
    Chinups
    Pushups
    Dips
    Bench dips
    Australian pullups
    Australian chinups
    Monkey bars pullups
    Squats
    Calf raises
    Lunges

Getting ready for tomorrow: Sprint Day

12. Lol. Good one.

Def havent been on my game. I got super sick w a nasty cold n I basically just been smoking a GRIP bc its the only thing that really comforted me

But Im gonna go back to smoking a few x a week versus DAILY

Then maybe I wont be such a sloth

Sent from my iBlown using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Took it light today just 100 one arm assisted pull ups. 10x10 w/ 90sec rest.

Trying to get that one arm pull-up by the end of the year.

14. How long it took you to do 10x10 pull ups? When I do full body calisthenics, I try to keep it under an hour.

Stoner Athlete

Train Insane or Remain The Same.

15. It took 25-30min. I usually just do 5 sets of pull-ups which takes 10min. but I've been stepping it up lately. I do calisthenics only, my workouts are always 45-60min. I try to get in 4-5 exercises.

16. Have you done circuit training? I try to do it once a week.

Stoner Athlete

17. #6238 Kush cookies, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Guys should I be taking a rest day in between workouts for the my muscle to repair? Or just keep doing sets everyday?

18. Depending on how your body feel or are you making progress?

I take 2-3 days off as of now so I can build up my body to working out every other day.

Stoner Athlete

19. Jumping jacks
    Back squats 3x3
    Front squats 3x8
    Deadlift 5x2
    Hip thrusts 3x12
    Kettlebell swings 3x25
    Dead bugs 3x2:00
    And six sprints (100 yards or so)

I guess I'm feeling it from slacking for a couple weeks, I'm so beat I almost puked :laughing:

Are you doing any kind of upper/lower or push/pull split? If so, you should be fine going every day. If you're lifting heavy, your muscles (as well as your CNS) do need some recovery time in addition to adequate nutrition in order to grow optimally.

As the poster above said, a lot of it is just listening to your body. If you're already feeling beat before you even work out, you'd likely be better off skipping it or going easy that day, as you need rest time, and your workout wouldn't be as intense and effective anyway. On the other hand, if you're still feeling good, and making gains, then it's not as much of an issue.