How Did You Exercise Today?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Durchii, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Do you guys believe in exercise withdrawal? lol I'm being serious...

I haven't done much cardio in the past week because the new quarter just started. The last two days I've felt like crap...extremely tense in my neck and shoulders with a bad tension headache. I just did an intense 40 minute interval workout on my bike and I feel fucking fantastic now. The headache is pretty much gone. <3 my cardio  :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  2. could be true if it was that big of a habit ( exercising religiously ) 

3. Strength:

5x3 front squat 155
    3x5 high hang squat clean 2@115 1@135
    5x5 military press 95#... watch out liftin weight haha

Wod:

4 rounds for time

20 toe to bar
    30 walking lunges
    40 double unders

8:03 it was easy. Shoulda been under 8 but I no repd a t2b and I couldn't go unbroken in the last set of double unders. O well still a solid time

4. Basketball today. Been slacking on my workouts lately. Really gotta get back into em.

5. reffed some kids soccer games for $$

did 8 sets on my quads via squats in gym, 8 sets on hamstrings via curling exercises weighted and/or with DBs, 10 sets on each calf, and 6 miles of cardio for good measure solid day at the office. might do track work tomorrow 

6. #5986 LQ142, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    I've been slacking. I don't wanna get too graphic but I have an anal fissure and it's fucking terribly painful! I don't even know how it happened, but I ended up in the ER two days ago which was fun...they had to put a scope up my ass to make sure it wasn't something worse.
    My pulse before the procedure was like 58 and when he pulled out the scope to begin it immediately jumped up to 100 bpm  :laughing: I know, I know... too much info, but I'm stoned and felt like sharing 

in b4 gay sex jokes lol

[​IMG]

7. I don't even wanna know haha ^

Friday was 50 pull ups 50 hand stand push ups for time. Every break in the set was 50 double unders. Time was 18:20 something. Fuck hand stand push ups haha

Saturday was some overhead squatting. Was supposed to be a 5x5 but hurt my shoulder on the first set and said screw it. Then some snatch balance.

Wod:

25 toe to bar
    25 hang snatch 95#
    25 24" bear hug step ups each leg 45# pound weight.

While you did that your partner held a 115# axle bar over head. Any break in set from either partner was 2 big tire jumps 36"+ in increments so the first was 2 then 4 then 6....

Our time was 22 something I can't rememver.

Then i turned into a lumberjack and felled some trees with my dad. Chainsaws ftw. To be fair I got one and said fuck this. I hate operating power equipment. I'm a laborer not an arborist. I'll move anything I won't fuck with a chainsaw anymore haha

8. So my friends finally convinced me to start goin to the gym with em for $20 a month. Guess thats not a bad price? Has a pool, Basketball court, racket ball courts, boxing room etc. So this should be a change from my basic Push-ups, sit-ups n runnin on a bike.

Today-
    100 Push-ups
    200 Sit-ups
    5 Miles on bike

9. Been doing this for the past five weeks. Been enjoying it; only having to go to the gym twice a week leaves me time to do other things, which is nice. I still go 4 times a week, but the other days are mostly just cardio-strength workouts (weighted carries, OL complexes, things like that).

Where I live, they have a couple university research branches that perform studies on it. They have postings for being part of research study that pays like $100. I thought about doing it, but in order to do it you have to avoid exercise for two weeks. I couldn't do that, even though I could use the money.

10. 5x3 front squat @[member="175"]
    3x5 high hang squat clean @145
    5x5 shoulder press @105

All up from last week which is nice...

Quicky wod:

4 min limit

4 rounds

7 12' wall ball 20#
    7 30" bxj
    7 toe to bar

Finished in 3:42 good day tomorrow will just be the wod

11. 20 min amrap

10 Burpee box jumps 24"
    20 toe to bar
    30 kb swings 50#

5 rounds and 5 burpees

12. Triple post? Fuck it ima do it haha

We did Amanda today

9-7-5

Muscle ups
    Squat snatch 135#

Time was 10:13. The muscle ups took most of the time. You really gotta make sure you don't miss one. A lot of energy for nothing if you do haha

13. Leg day at the gym. Feeling great after some heavy squats. 

Squats, warmed up with a couple sets with just the bar, then 1 plate, then 2, then 255lbs for 2 sets of 5 reps. 285 for 3 reps and then 305 for a rep. I'm going to squat 3 plates next leg day, and Im fucking stoked for it. 

14. Hang clean to front squats, bench and pull-ups.  Trying to get consistent again, almost summer!

• Like Like x 1
  15. #5996 HBGBUB, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Pr'd my jerk... 230# fuck yeah

Video is in the weightlifting thread if you care to see

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cardio today....10 miles on a bike

17. Holy shit yesterday was a lot...

30 min limit

30 cal row
    30 toes to bar
    30 12' wall ball 20#
    30 kb snatch 50#
    30 jumping pull ups ( don't know why these were in there)
    60 Burpee box jumps

Then you go back up starting with the pull ups. It took me 29 minutes. That's a Lotta burpees

Today was funner...

13 min limit

60 double unders
    30 thrusters 65#
    15 muscle ups
    30 thrusters
    60 double unders

My time was 8:55. Did pretty well I think. I didn't miss a muscle up and I did sets of 3 until 9. Little goals during workouts each day help you get better. Fuck yeah

18. woke up, blazed the phuck up, ran 8 miles pretty hard, went to the warriors game, parked car at train station so probably walked a mile to stadium and back more cardio yipee