How To Keep Your Bong Clean

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Matt Mernagh, Mar 31, 2009.

1. #21 zpyro, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009

You need to calm down and learn the difference between criticism and "talking shit." I just don't see any particular reason to applaud him for his writing, as it's pretty unremarkable. Sorry if you get offended by that :confused:

2. Chlorine is an oxidant, and there is no "incineration" involved. Rather, I think the lemon juice just acts as a solvent, same as ISO would. The difference is, you can inhale a little bit of the lemon juice fumes, while inhaling ISO would be a really stupid idea :p The solvent keeps the resinous gunk suspended in the water, basically doing half of the cleaning job while it sits there.

3. I just think it funny that you say he does not write well and one line later you say dunno I mean come on now....
    As for the negative rep you gave me.....GROW UP ...wussy man..This is just the internet

4. Hey matt...What the fuck is a professional pothead?...do you get paid to smoke weed while people watch?

5. #25 zpyro, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    i can ryte lyk dis an it stil donnt mayk hes rytn n e betur, duz it? :rolleyes: Also, this isn't my "Special Reporter" section.

You know, it's just as hypocritical of you to complain about imaginary points on an internet forum and telling me that "it's just the internet." You're also making a bigger deal about all of this than is necessary, and guiding this thread way off track. Grow up, kid.

On topic, I squeezed some lemon juice into my bong and it seemed to work as it should, but I'm going to wait until I have one of those bottles of lemon juice because just squeezing a lemon into it left all kinds of pulp. It looked nasty and probably would have smelled bad had I left it there lol

6. Yeah you do have a point.. for the record im 24 not a kid and It's not like im telling the mods on you for being a fool...just letting you know how silly your original statement was. and for the record. When I first quoted you I had no idea that that post you were quoting me from. (If that made sense)

But for real man It aint no big deal. Its kinda funny how easy it seems to get in arguments on here when In real life im sure the talk would be a lot more mature. On both ends

7. thanks for responding to one of your readers matt... what a professional pothead.

8. #28 ajwf, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    I sort of have to agree. I find that Matt's articles have alot of unnecessary writing to them, almost if they were more rant than actual articles. Not trying to discourage, but just try to get to the point faster, and ask yourself "Why does this sentence, or paragraph matter?". And of course, GRAMMAR!!!! Proofread plzzz

9. grunge off is the way to go, keep like 2-3 bottles around, submerge the female and the bowl in it for about 20 minutes and fill the bong up with some more and plug up the hole. after 20 minutes or so pour the grunge off back into the bottles (its re-usable) and then rinse the bong and pieces with hot water and theyll come looking brand new, no shaking involved.

10. about to clean my RooR and add some juice to it... would lime juice work too ?

11. how to keep your bong disgusting and smelly: Be a lazy stoner and use "tar and bug remover" made for cars on your bong and expect it to work..

Needless to say, my bong smelt horrible for awhile and it had a waxy texture to it.. too funny though lol

12. I just used a really tart orange from my backyard, so I'd assume lime and any other citrus with plenty of citric acid would work. It wouldn't hurt to try in any case.

13. Rinsing it out with mouthwash cleaned it quite a bit actually. And it tastes minty fresh :)

14. He wasn't saying that it will prevent you from getting in trouble.

In fact, he was pointing out the fact that just because it isn't a total mess, it STILL DOES contain thc.

Might want read things a second time before going on a rant.

15. I use rubbing alcohol and cascade granules. Clean as F***!:D

16. matt maybee you can tell me why you attract all the fucking nay sayers lmao... for the record im sure if it was in francais there wouldnt be any grammar issues.

[​IMG]

17. wow that sounds like it would work better than my old method a papeerclip a safty pin and a tourch and dish soap thanx man :D:D;D

18. I know you posted this like a month ago , but I'm still going to comment .

Who in the world said you have to applaud him for his writing ? I don't think he asked for an applause .

You act like you are doing a good thing by criticising him (like you are helping him improve) , but you really just come off as snotty . Were you ever taught manners by your parents ? You know , if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all . Sure , you have the right to express yourself in any way that you want , but that doesn't mean that you should just say whatever you want regardless of how it affects others .

And not to mention , Matt is contributing these articles to us for free , so that should be another reason for you people to keep your negative crap to yourselves . That's like going to the grocery store and complaining that the free samles aren't on point , and then trying to explain to them how to make the free samples even better ... they are free ! just take them and leave , you didn't pay for the right to bitch .

You think you are such a great writer zpyro ? Well I would rather read an article by a down-to-earth guy who doesn't have the best grammer , than read one by an ego-maniac who has mastered the "art" of grammer .

Grammer nazi huh ? Maybe you care too much about something that means too little . Remember , grammer was created by humans , and it has no special signifiance outside of our own minds .

19. You have gotta clean after every session. There is nothing like a sparkling bong.

20. Hey guys so I too clean my ADS after any sort of heavy session or every other day if I've been smoking by myself. The only reason I don't like to clean my device is because the alcohol and salt I think produce a horrid a stench and diminish the taste of my bowls. Does anyone have something that they use or any ideas on how to give my bong a better scent after I have cleaned it?