Whos got a cool homemade bong?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by a_bong_princess, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Yea... I had that idea also, but I don't know what I would cut the top off with, I don't exactly have a circular saw or anything just lying around lol. And then the top would be sharp after cutting it off, although I do have a Dremmel tool that might fix that once I get there.

Really? Sweet lol. I def. want to make another one seeing as this one came out so well, although I probably will end up modifying the top. Always building a better bong I guess haha :D

2. [quote name='a_bong_princess']This is mine..

[​IMG]

quote]

i dont get it, do you have to stick your whole face in that thing to hit it?

3. Kinda, yea... but u get used to it. kinda fits around your chin, like a gas mask but just on the bottom haha. Damn now I really want one of those things... first on my list for the next headshop run! lol :D

4. ok i used to make acrylic bongs until i picked up a roor, but let me tell u this, dont have the downstem plastic, it will melt eventually and it is very toxic. also if u use glue to secure the downstem to the bong, use hot glue or tape, because any other glue ie super glue, epoxy etc. releases toxic chemicals over time and could take up to a month to clear.back to the topic... when ur downstem is plastic the hot smoke from the bowl can be intense enough at the top to melt plastic, so try having a metal/glass downstem, any extra percs after that can be plastic as the smoke is cool due to the water. and yea whoever said aluminum turns into vapor is retarded, if any of those aluminum flakes fell off, it would simply fall into the water of the bong, not into your lungs but aluminum ruins the point of a bong imho, its such a shitty bowl u might as well rip a pipe.
    try getting a glass slide bowl, thats what i used as my downstem/bowl http://www.grasscity.com/is-bin/INT...yID=CAnAqAHA7MsAAAESzOEbgPtI&JumpTo=OfferList like that, u can use the lower section of the glass for a downstem and just drill a hole slightly bigger than the slide on the bong, and wrap the top of the slide with electric tape or an oring and secure it into the bong. works like a charm, bought a 3 foot extendo, for a total of 4.5 ft. :eek: went to space every single time i ripped that.

5. Just for fun, myself and a friend of mine are creating a bong out of Mr. Potato head. We had a test run but it leaked a bit of air making it fairly inefficient. We are going to try and fix it up eventually. It will be pretty cool though because if any of you remember Mr. Potato head...then you will know that it will be a bong with storage in the back for your weed lol.

6. #47 jm4n989, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    cool bong, i like the carb adjustment, the first carb spot was kind of inefficient

7. I made one that looks almost identical to this for a friend, except with a coke-a-cola sovereign cup and a thicker stem, we call it the challenger.

In response to you question, I have a home made clear plastic 8 ft bong (needs a second person to operate obviously). It takes a lot of practice to use properly, but it's deathly effective. I'm expanding it out to a 16 ft this 4/20, I'll post photos. The only way to smoke it in 16 ft form is to have the smoker standing on the roof of my buddies house, and the person lighting and working the carb on the ground.

8. Can human lungs even physically hold that large a volume of air?

Oddly enough before reading that i added a foot long plastic tube to the top of my home made:D

9. Well hopefully you live in an area where someone can't see you on top of your house/porch hitting a 16ft bong outside with a friend. Might look a tad suspicious. :smoke:

10. i made this ass kicking bong once where i just taped 2 pen tubes together, stuck them through a water bottle cap, put a bit of tubing in the cap next to the stem,and wa la, i could stick it in any bottle of water and it ripped! btw i used a socket as a bowl.:hello:

11. That things sweet

12. Tubular Flow pictures by Magre1441 - Photobucket These are pretty sweet if i do say so myself. The green monster there is a 3 foot long 3 inch wide tube for blueprints with a metal slide and a little lettering and warning label to make it complete =P. The white thing is 2 paintball speed reload tubes and in the center there's a perc with another metal slide at the bottom. Cap flips shut for minimal spillage. Unfortunately the second fell and broke at a few glue joints so is out of commission. Better pics when its repaired.

13. My homemade bongs are embarrassing! They're all made of old water bottles, with hosepipe and sticky tape (times of desperation hah)

A guy I know has one made out of a metal torch/flashlight, it's probably one of the coolest bongs I've ever seen, homemade or not

14. like homemade bongs check this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Shit man. I've got like, four home mades, one that's broken.

The first one I made started as a five chamber, out of a small bottle, with a little pillar attached to the lip for the inhale. Next to that was a set of three cleaned out lightbulbs, that worked like a charm. The last chamber was a typical plastic bottle. Everything was connected with oxygen tubing and airtighted with a hot glue gun.

Then it jumped to an eight chamber, because I added another light bulb on the side, another bottle, and a large plastic bottle that was a canola oil bottle. Again, all airtighted with hot glue guns, connected with oxygen tubing.

Hits from that thing were like pure air, with the nice soft, almost green tasting... Taste of the herb.

Then I went back to the lightbulbs, and made another little bonglet. Like a pig and piglet. It was nothing more than a typical household lightbulb, with oxygen tubing and the glue, of course, with an upturned bottle cap covered in foil. That was it for that one.

The third of the four is a three chamber. The first is a venom can, with tubing punched through the cap. The second chamber was a normal bottle, plastic, 1 liter size and what not. The third was slightly taller, but all three were connected in the same ways as the last two bongs. The two chambers on each end were filled with water, the middle with grape koolaid. Thought it would make it taste better. All three caps can be twisted off, so I can clean and refill the chambers easily.

The fourth, and my current bong, is made very simply. I took the lid of a mason jar, punched two holes near the center. One hole i pushed the tubing all the way to the bottom, the other near the top. Hot glue gun, five minutes, and it was air tight. The chamber is maybe three times the size of a normal mason jar. It's for canning fruits and what not. Hits like a champ, and watching it fill with smoke is a real treat.

All four use water, or in one case koolaid, because I hate using a blunt or bowl. Even though it's what I started with, it's harsher, and I don't like it. So I go with the homemade water bongs.

I've got to find my camera, but when I do, I'll take some pictures.

16. K, might have fixed it, might not have.

[​IMG]
    Atlantis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Peaches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eli.

And my little stash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Farewell, and good smokings!